Birds
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Feb. 13, 2021, 1:57 a.m.

For Christmas, I got Deb a bird feeder and 10 lbs of birdseed, that she thought was kind of a dumb present..............but not anymore.

I hung it from the crab apple tree,  just outside the front window, close to where her recliner(throne) is.

It took a couple of days for the birds to find it but now there are dozens of all sorts of birds flocking to it every day.

She can watch them all from her recliner and loves it.

Since we had an ice storm earlier in the week thats covering the ground and temperatures have been subfreezing,  these birds, that are normally challenged to survive during the Winter are really benefiting.

Its a huge feeder too and they ate all the black oil sunflower seeds i filled it up with yesterday in almost one day!!!

i got 100 lbs of bird seed on sale earlier this week and they will go thru that in a month at this rate.

am thinking about getting another feeder though because we have over a foot of snow on the way next week and bitter cold temps and this will be the only food they will have and towards the end of winter, they are using up much of the fat on their bodies.

Guess what the birds are below. These are some of the ones at our feeder.

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Image preview

Comments
Re: Birds
0 likes
By 7475 - Feb. 13, 2021, 7:30 a.m.
Like Reply

Thats very cool and entertainingMike

I do the same.The feeder attracts a few other critters too-mostly squirrels but all that is entertaining also

One has to be observant smart and diligent to prevent those critters from making YOUR home THEIR home.

We have had quite a variety of birds over the years and never know when a surprises will land in.

Summer does attract the "garbage" birds which exhibit pig/sloth like behavior.

I couldnt open the images 

John

Re: Re: Birds
0 likes
By metmike - Feb. 13, 2021, noon
Like Reply

thanks john,

not sure why the images that were cut and pasted vanished like that.