"No one wants to defund the police!!"
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - March 7, 2021, 7:59 a.m.

We heard that serval times pre-election, right?

It will be funny, in a very sad sorta way, when social workers request police presence on domestic issues, etc, and the police are not available.  As I've said,  I never thought "law and order" would have opposition.   This country is being turned upside down.

These US cities defunded police: 'We're transferring money to the community' (msn.com)

"Since the killings of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor prompted unprecedented uprisings, some racial justice groups have successfully pressured municipal lawmakers to cut police funds and reinvest the money in services. And with reformed 2021 budgets coming into effect, cities are slowly beginning to redistribute law enforcement money to housing, mental health programs, food access and other programs."

Comments
By wglassfo - March 7, 2021, 11:03 a.m.
Like Reply

This defund the police thing was all about votes

This redistribution of funds for mental and food may help but Housing???

How far will money for housing go??

Housing may be important, but don't you think a police budget is the wrong way to access additional funds.

If the folks are determined to defund then at least do it correctly. Better to stick with mental and food, programs that money will do more and do a good job on some thing

However, this defund the police is not going to be very successful, IMHO

I could see some training for existing police force but do not defund the police

By TimNew - March 7, 2021, 12:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Law and Order is the basic, primary function of government. It's the reason we decided we needed government in the 1st place as we emerged from the primordial sludge. Without law and order, societies can't exist. Until recently,  food and housing was a function of the efforts of individuals. This is bass ackwards.