End of republic?
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by mikempt - April 18, 2021, 10:07 a.m.

Comments
By WxFollower - April 18, 2021, 10:15 a.m.
Like Reply

The GOP has been the party favoring corporations, including lowering their taxes under Trump. Why did they lower it so much? Most people want some of all of that to be reversed to help pay for Biden’s infrastructure proposal. So, they agree with Biden on this and that Trump was wrong.

By mikempt - April 18, 2021, 10:18 a.m.
Like Reply

The problem goes back to WW II. 

By WxFollower - April 18, 2021, 10:40 a.m.
Like Reply

You need to be much more specific. That is a cryptic response that doesn’t tell me anything. I don’t understand where you are going here. Then again, you just said Madoff is a hero to you, which tells me something is off with you today.

By mikempt - April 18, 2021, 11:32 a.m.
Like Reply

The founding fathers knew when big banks and big business corrupt the politican,there goes the republic. The politican is corrupted by big bisiness and the wars they profit from. 

By cutworm - April 18, 2021, 11:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Wx

We could argue about "Most people want some of all of that to be reversed to help pay for Biden’s infrastructure proposal. So, they agree with Biden on this and that Trump was wrong"

I would contend that 74 mil Voters voted to keep Trumps policies.

A true infrastructure bill would not look like the one that is proposed . The current one contains"

The $2 trillion proposal includes (according to NPR):

• $115 billion to repair and rebuild bridges, highways and roads;
  • $100 billion to expand high-speed broadband across the entire country;
  • $100 billion to upgrade and build new schools;
  • and $100 billion to expand and improve power lines and spur a shift to clean energy.
  • All good stuff.  I think that local Government should be in charge of schools and it's funding.

BUT

1)Altogether, Biden is proposing $174 billion in spending on boosting the electric vehicle market — more than the plan would spend on highway and bridge repairs.

2)The proposal would also try to speed up private investments in clean energy such as wind and solar by expanding investment and production tax credits and funding existing state and local projects that already do the same.

3) according to fox: He (president Biden) is also asking $50 billion to create a new office at the Department of Commerce dedicated to monitoring domestic  industrial capacity and funding investments to support production of critical goods.

4) also according to fox: Biden is calling for $100 billion to build new public schools and upgrade existing buildings with better ventilation systems and indoor air quality. The money will also go toward investing in energy-efficient and electrified school buildings in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

I think that local Government should be in charge of schools and it's funding.

I would agree that infrastructure is worth paying for. I think that local Government should be in charge of schools and it's funding. But it should be paid for with all of this "free" money being given out.

Highlights Of Biden's $2 Trillion Infrastructure Plan : NPR

What's in Biden's $2.25T infrastructure and tax proposal? | Fox Business

By TimNew - April 18, 2021, 12:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Not to mention corporate tax is the worst idea ever conceived for revenue. The list of reasons is very long,  but first and formost, corporations don't pay the tax or the billions spent to avoind them,  the consumer does.   So. corporate tax is a stealth tax that comes from your pockets.

By WxFollower - April 18, 2021, 1:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

According to this poll, 65% are in favor of higher corporate tax rates to help fund the increased infrastructure spending:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/almost-two-thirds-voters-back-bidens-corporate-tax-rise-plans-1581672%3famp=1

If you want to argue that the poll isn’t credible, that’s your only defense imo. But is it not credible?

By metmike - April 18, 2021, 2:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Whether its a bad idea or not, this is strong evidence that most people want it!

By WxFollower - April 18, 2021, 4:31 p.m.
Like Reply

mikempt said: "The problem goes back to WW II"

-------------------------------------------------

Specifically what does this mean?

By TimNew - April 18, 2021, 6:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

According to this poll, 65% are in favor of higher corporate tax rates to help fund the increased infrastructure spending:

I will never argue that the vast majority has absolutlly no clue.  What a stupid argument.  Obviously, they do not.

That does not change the fact that corporate tax is a totally stupid idea.