Inciting violence
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - April 18, 2021, 3:14 p.m.

We all know what happened on Jan 6. Donald Trump was blamed for “inciting violence”. The people who protested are now called “domestic terrorists”.

Fast forward to today…

For the last 7 days, we had violent protests and clashes between BLM and police, in the aftermath of the death of Daunte Wright.

You may remember, this young man was pulled over for a traffic violation. When the police ran his profile, they found out that he was "on the run" and had an outstanding warrant for his arrest, for armed robbery and illegal possession of a gun.

When the police attempted to arrest him, he tried to escape and was “accidentally” shot dead.

Since then, protests have erupted every day, in various cities.

Please note that these protesters are not called“terrorists”… they are simply “protesters asking for justice” even though, from what I have seen, these “protests” were quite violent.

Now, a Congresswoman joined the protesters and tells them to be more “confrontational”… in other words, more violent

She also told the protesters to disobey curfew orders.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9483471/Fury-Maxine-Waters-tells-Minnesota-BLM-protesters-weve-got-confrontational.html

Comments
By GunterK - April 18, 2021, 3:39 p.m.
Like Reply

a few hours after these comments were made, thee was a drive-by shooting in Minn. aimed at the National Guard

.https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/us/minnesota-national-guard-police-shooting/index.html

By WxFollower - April 18, 2021, 4:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Comparing the two is laughable. This is like comparing apples and brussels sprouts. There is no way imo to defend the anti-police related rioting. No way! It is terrible. But you first brought up January 6th when a POTUS (Trump) encouraged a crowd based on a two month long lie to cause the Constitution to be violated for his own power desires by threatening Congress and even put Pence, Pelosi, and others' lives in danger. I don't recall you criticizing Trump at the time and you seem to be making light of it.

By GunterK - April 18, 2021, 6:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi, wxfollower,

Yes, I understand, the Jan 6 event involved the Capitol Bldg., the seat of government. This puts this event into a different league, when compared to the 2020 riots. And I agree, the protests of Jan 6 should have been kept out on the street, rather than entering the building.

Yet, when you look at the destruction that was caused by the 2020 riots, a comparison with Jan 6 is indeed “laughable”, to use your choice of words.

In 2020 (and today) countless businesses were burned down and looted, federal buildings were set on fire, Molotov cocktails (IMHO lethal weapons) were thrown at police officers and federal agents, hundreds of law enforcement officers were injured.

Here is a direct comparison of the Jan 6 event and the events surrounding Duante Wright’s death and the protests of today:

On Jan 6, an unarmed woman, who could represent no danager to the police, was shot dead, while climbing through a window. Her name was Ashley Babbit. She did not have an outstanding warrant for arrest, like Duante Wright had. She did not resist arrest, like Duante Wright did. She didn’t need to be tasered, as was necessary for Duante Wright, and she certainly didn’t need to be shot dead.

Today, they still have not yet published the name of the police officer who killed her, as is usually done in other fatal police shootings. I read that the charges against this unnamed police officer were dropped. Ashley Babbit is now a “dead terrorist”.

MSNBC anchor woman J Reid laughed about it and said “she had it coming” . Can you imagine the uproar if another anchor person had laughed at Duante Wright ‘s death and said “he had it coming”?

But then, the lives of Trump supporters don’t matter.

The court proceedings for the officer who shot Duante Wright have not yet started, and they are already protesting.

Again… I do understand the significance of the Capitol building, and I don’t want to minimize this component in this discussion.

I also don’t want to minimize Trump’s 2-months long efforts to promote his ‘stolen election” comments… even though there were plenty of very angry Trump supporters who marched, protested, and had made plans for peaceful protests in Washington DC, without Trump’s encouragement.

However, the damage done there pales in comparison to what is happening in our cities. Yet, the perpetrators of Jan 6 are being rounded up as “domestic terrorists”, (even if they only took selfies while inside), while the arsonists and anarchists on our city streets are applauded and encouraged by our government officials. And now, their representatives are telling them directly to be more violent !!!.

This is wrong !!!

By GunterK - April 18, 2021, 8:02 p.m.
Like Reply
By WxFollower - April 18, 2021, 9:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Both Maxine Waters and Ted Cruz are jokes. I wish they would both be voted out.

By metmike - April 18, 2021, 10:34 p.m.
Like Reply

"This is like comparing apples and brussels sprouts."

Hey, I like both those things...........how about arsenic and COVID (-:

By metmike - April 18, 2021, 10:40 p.m.
Like Reply

"Both Maxine Waters and Ted Cruz are jokes. I wish they would both be voted out"

Me too, they are both too extreme. The extreme views and people are increasing in politics as well as one sidedness in the media on both the MSM and especially social media with very few moderates and people that see both sides or even attempt to see the other sides view.

Intolerance of people that you disagree with has become the norm and its getting worse.

Where will this take us?