Taking down the cops(good ones too)
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 21, 2021, 7:26 p.m.

Biden Indicts the Minneapolis Police  

Investigating the entire department will burden the crime-plagued city.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-indicts-the-minneapolis-police-11619045332

Derek Chauvin awaits his murder sentence at a Minnesota Correctional Facility, yet the federal government spared hardly a moment before shifting its scrutiny toward his former colleagues. A new Justice Department probe of the Minneapolis Police Department is targeting the city’s officers in an effort to prove the Democratic narrative of “systemic” police racism.

Attorney General Merrick Garland on Wednesday announced a pattern-or-practice investigation of Minneapolis police. Federal investigators in coming months will examine the department’s record and policing methods. If they find behavior they dislike, they have the power to force reform of the department through a consent decree. Mr. Garland referred to the process as a matter of straightforward oversight, saying “good officers welcome accountability.”

Yet Minneapolis police are right to suspect that Washington is probing them with a foregone conclusion. In his address after Mr. Chauvin’s conviction Tuesday, President Biden said his Administration’s next step would be “confronting head-on systemic racism and the racial disparities that exist in policing.” The man who drafted the 1994 crime bill that led to the arrest of countless black drug users is now claiming racism is endemic among American police. 

Last May then-Attorney General William Barr launched a federal civil-rights probe into the death of George Floyd in policy custody, and that investigation continues. But Democrats are now expanding the charge of wrongdoing to the entire department, seeking proof that Mr. Chauvin’s actions represent the culture of policing today. No matter that the Minneapolis police chief since 2017, Medaria Arradondo, testified for the prosecution in the Chauvin trial and has pushed to reform certain police practices like choke holds.

The weight of suspicion on police under pattern-or-practice investigations often leads officers under scrutiny to pull back on protecting public safety. A June 2020 study by economists Tanaya Devi and Roland Fryer found that federal probes after “viral incidents” similar to the Floyd killing decreased police actions by almost 90% in Chicago and 54% in Riverside, Calif. The authors estimate that such pullbacks led to nearly 900 excess homicides and 34,000 felonies across five cities in the 2 years after each justice department investigation began.

Comments
By metmike - April 21, 2021, 7:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Supposedly, the investigation is partly  because blacks are only 19% of the population and have been 63% of the arrests.

Turns out that I spent numerous weeks already studying the objective data and every authentic study that I could get my hands on last Summer.

Let me just share that with you.............again.

The ENTIRE reason is that blacks are committing an astronomically higher rate of violent crime. I am stunned that they disparity in those numbers above is not MUCH greater based on the reality in the REAL world.

What is jaw dropping amazing, is that everybody is investigating the cops, who are mostly doing their job to fight violent crime that includes getting shot and frequently and almost NOBODY is looking at the real reason or holding the people causing almost all of this.............the people committing all the crime and killing 100 times more blacks than the cops.

Again, I am all for body cams for all cops, accountability and better training.............let's keep the pressure on for doing that.

But this is so messed up. What these cops need most is MORE HELP. They are overwhelmed. They need people on their side to HELP THEM to help the good people in the high crime areas. 

We've done the exact same thing that we did with the fake climate crisis, when we turned a climate optimum into a climate crisis, 100% for a political agenda.

Now we take a crime emergency in the big cities from escallating crime rates and homicides............... and instead of addressing that issue............we focus the blame and attacks on the only  people  risking their lives every day to stop it. The only ones actually doing something about it.

Using statistics to lie and smear cops            

19 responses |                

Started by metmike - June 12, 2020, 7:48 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53752/

By GunterK - April 21, 2021, 9:38 p.m.
Like Reply

I appreciate your many posts defending our police.

Most people don't think about it... in our crime ridden cities, when a police officers leaves home to work the night shift, his family knows that they may not see him alive again. In some of our big cities, dozens of shootings take place every night, and the police has to respond and get involved.

But it's not only being sent out to a shoot out.... I have seen countless videos where a cop makes a simple traffic stop for a broken tail light, or a minor traffic violation. And before he knows it, he is shot dead.

Most irritating are the comments of some of the IDIOTS (using caps intentionally) in our government, when they demand not only "defunding", but "abolishment" of the police. These people have to be total morons. to make such stupid comments. What should we do when a burglar breaks into our house, when we are being attacked, or, or, or.?

We can't call Ghost Busters... they are out of business.  A large portion of the minorities know that, and they do speak up against "defunding", when asked.

So we hear congresswomen Tlaib telling us that the police needs to be abolished, as well as prisons!!! At the same time, the President is telling the people that their guns will be taken away.

The reason why civilized nations have a police is, so that the citizens don't have to defend themselves against criminals. if you delete the police and let the hard-core criminals out on the street, you better let your citizens have machine guns, hand grenades, RPGs, etc.  etc., and that would be the end of civilization, as we know it

By metmike - April 22, 2021, 7:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Great thoughts Gunter.

Politicians like that, who push to abolish the police or even defund the police live in their little protective bubble.

They live in their fancy houses in the suburbs, where the crime rate is low and people aren't shooting at and killing  each other at a  1,000 times greater rate  than the cops are, like we are seeing in cities like Chicago. Some of the even have body guards.

Have this woman move to one of these neighborhoods in Chicago and she might be singing a different tune..........and Chicago is not even the most dangerous city in the country!

Top Ten Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in Chicago

https://usaestaonline.com/most-dangerous-neighborhoods-in-chicago

They just DON'T CARE about these human beings!  It would be impossible to know these facts about rampant crime, (which they must know because they are representing the people) and you don't  care about the many tens of thousands of lives in the country disrupted or destroyed by violent crime.

To be so focused on an agenda that is mostly based on politics that gives the appearance of something .....that is in reality,  mostly virtue signaling is a display of grave indifference and cold heartedness.

That sounds like a pretty extreme description but it totally fits because these people know what they are doing and so do I. It's pathetic because of the damage its doing to the black communities and our entire country with divisiveness and hatred being the carrier of their disengenous message. 

If they don't know the authentic facts, then they should step down and let somebody more capable replace them...........hopefully, somebody that actually cares about really helping black people vs pretending that fixing the cops will solve the problem(which, ironically is what the cops devote their lives to do).

So if you are an enemy of the cops.....then you are an enemy to safe black neighborhoods. An enemy to stopping the massive violent crime and murdering of blacks because that is the number 1 reason that cops RISK THEIR LIVES everyday.

You are using and hurting the very people that you pretend to be helping.

You are the quintessential wolf in sheep's clothing and are causing thousands of the sheep in the flock to be lost every year as you treat them like they don't matter and then use the absurd, totally ironic and hypocritical term to describe your cause; Black Live Matter.

Bullshit. 

To you, blacks are COLLATERAL DAMAGE in your fight in the cultural revolution and objective to get more power and blame your failed policies in the inner cities, the real reason killing the blacks.........on the ones trying to help blacks....the cops. 

By metmike - April 22, 2021, 7:45 p.m.
Like Reply

This is what the cops in Chicago have to deal with EVERY DAY. Who would go to work knowing there's a decent chance they could get shot at, unless they cared about the people they are serving?????

When was the last time that Al Sharpton got shot at because he was fighting crime in the inner city?

Who is he to judge all the cops doing this?

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68075/#68090

I'm just some yahoo meteorologist, forum moderator in Indiana. How is it that I know what the solutions are to help make the REAL problem in the inner cities better and many of the people being paid to do it have no clue? A great deal of them are actually making it much worse!

We are living in an alternative universe. The gatekeepers just manufacture, subjective facts to create false narratives........then repeat them over and over, with the MSM and social media acting as the conduits to propagandise the people who end up believing much of it. That is, if its YOUR side saying it. The other side, has their sources making up stuff too. They all know when the OTHER side has been bamboozled but NEVER know when they are being bamboozled. 

There are 2 political sides in a fight for power and agenda that are often using people on their side with brainwashing to get what they want.

They often don't inform us with the news, they tell us what they want us to think of the news. 

On FOX today, they were interviewing some of the neighbors of the 16 year old girl that got shot. They all thought the shooting was justified and saved a severe injury, possibly saved a life. This is good..............but nothing from the 16 year olds family(that I saw but I only watched part of the time). There coverage was pro police. 

On CNN, they were interviewing only the 16 year old's family to make the cop look bad(shot this wonderful girl without enough justification)..............but no interviews of the neighbors that thought the shooting was very justified(that I saw but I did not watch all day). That and their other coverage today was very anti police. 

One station want us to support the cops, the other station wants us to hate the cops, so they take the exact same incident and spin it to show completely opposite stories about what happened and who's fault it was. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68075/#68093

By mcfarm - April 22, 2021, 8:28 p.m.
Like Reply

seems every hour today an other black  citizen would come out with some rant about the X-military now policeman who shot the black girl in Ohio. Seems they are most upset because he had a choice to make in about 2 seconds. Allow another homicide committed by one black against another young girl or act to save her. Well he did his duty just like in his previous life to defend and he absolutely saved a black life. And now from Lebron the chief NBA idiot, to every crazed racial zealot this office is to be condemned forever to the fire of hell.  What if that were your daughter they asked. Not kidding they actually said that knife fight happen all the time, what is the bid F'in deal? Why did the damn police have to interfere? This is all going ot end very badly is some responsible adults do not step u quickly.

By GunterK - April 22, 2021, 9:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Last year, the mayor of Los Angeles yielded to the battle cry “defund the police”, and he reduced the police budget by $150 million.

This month, shootings in Los Angeles are up 80% as compared to the same time last year.

The mayor now wants to increase the police budget for this year by $50 million, which has graatly angered some people.

His explanation for the increase: no, not the increasing crime rate… his reason: “to replace retiring officers”

IMHO, ever since the LAPD was founded, every year, some officers have reached retirement age. If more officers are retiring/resigning now (more than usual), than it probably has to do with the cr*p they had to deal with during the last 10 months.

IMHO, $50 mill is not nearly enough and will not change the trend of increasing crime.

Several reasons for the increase in crime have been suggested… a) it’s because of the pandemic, b) it’s Trump’s fault…. Yeah!!… that’s it!!

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/garcettis-proposed-city-budget-includes-slight-funding-increase-for-lapd

By metmike - April 23, 2021, 12:34 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much Gunter!

By TimNew - April 23, 2021, 2:23 a.m.
Like Reply

I've heard suggestions that all cops, everywhere in the country, all take 2 weeks off at the same time.

I bet that would stop the "defund" talk.

By metmike - April 24, 2021, 2:20 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

Interesting point. 

If the cops did go on strike, I wouldn't blame them a bit.

Strikes in the past were about more money or more benefits...................which they always got because they sort of have the community by the testicles. If you don't have cops, the atmosphere in the community has the potential to turn pretty chaotic.

But there might be a big problem this time. What would they ask for that can be given to them immediately to get them to go back to work?

They can't demand respect because there isn't any of that which can be handed out and sustained permanently.  They can't demand that tv and social media stop vilifying and immediately condemning them with every shooting before the facts are all in and then twisting the facts towards anti cop-ism.

They absolutely can't demand that they shouldn't have to reform because that's the one thing that they must do in order to minimize future issues involving isolated events that feature a bad decision by a cop. 

They can't  insist on less accountability or no body cams.....and I really don't think that the majority of cops are against that.

If you strike to send a message about being treated unfairly with bad news coverage and negative statements by democrats, there is just no way either of those groups will ever respond positively. 

Ironically, many of their detractors would use it to vilify the cops even more, give them even worse coverage and attack them for striking and that might backfire on the cops because only their current supporters would ever support them for doing that. 

Interesting article from last Summer on this:

What If The Police Revolt?

https://medium.com/illumination/what-if-the-police-revolt-ca5a44ba4790

By TimNew - April 24, 2021, 6:52 a.m.
Like Reply

I don't think they'd have to ask for anything.  They don't even have to call it a strike.  Just give the people a preview of what a society without cops looks like.  After that, any politician who ever even hinted at defunding police would  be voted out of office before they finished the sentence.

By metmike - April 24, 2021, 11:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Here's an opinion from a far left site. You may say that they are biased and we shouldn't consider their view but a police strike would  be targeting these exact people with this mentality, not people from the right that already support the cops. 

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2020/06/9874441/police-going-on-strike-walkout-reason

Police Are Going On Strike. Should Anyone Care?

Atlanta police officers across the city last week staged a “sick-out” in protest after the Fulton County district attorney brought charges against the two officers who shot and killed Rayshard Brooks. The Atlanta police department did not confirm how many people called in sick, but “confirmed a larger-than-usual number of absent officers.” In three of the police department’s six zones, officers were not responding to calls, and many refused to leave their stations unless another officer required backup. 

A similar scene played out in Buffalo, New York where 57 officers quit an elite police unit in protest after two officers were suspended for pushing an elderly man during an anti-police brutality protest. Likewise, in Philadelphia and New York City police are rumored to start calling in sick during protests, and organizing work slowdowns. 

As protests continue nationwide against racist policing, with calls now to defund and abolish policing — and as officers face punishment for using lethal force against civilians and brutalizing protesters — more and more of them are in talks to walk off the job. In effect, the cops are protesting the protests against them.

But what’s the point of protests led by police officers, and what do they actually accomplish, especially amid ongoing national calls to abolish policing altogether? 

Police have organized work slowdowns in the past in response to institutional action being taken against them. As The Daily Beast reports, when local governments take action against police over misconduct, particularly when these incidents are caught on video and go viral, “cops can feel like they’re being punished for carrying out orders in a way their superiors secretly condoned.” In other words, they feel like scapegoats for following orders and then being met with public pressure to be held accountable.

Work slowdowns are generally organized to sway public opinion of the police force. But in a moment of national unrest in response to police brutality, a police-led protest may not be the best tactic to gain public support. 

“It doesn’t seem to be a particularly well thought through strategy,” Dennis Kenney, a professor of criminal justice at John Jay College told Refinery29. “The idea behind it is to express dissatisfaction with the way they perceive they are being treated. It seems a bit of a misplaced activity this time.”

Kenney further explained that police-organized protests at this moment is a “very different ballgame from the perspective of their unions” because they aren’t focused around a labor dispute. Instead, the entire country is engaging in a conversation about the very existence of these agencies. “It seems self-defeating,” said Kenney. 

By metmike - April 24, 2021, 11:13 a.m.
Like Reply
By TimNew - April 24, 2021, 1:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Back when I was in the  military, at every state side base that I was ever at, the liberal townees absolutely hated the military. We were asked not to wear our uniforms off base.   Any who lived off base were asked to keep any absoutely essential errands brief while they were on their way home, if in uniform. Of course, a military style haricut was a dead giveaway back in the 70's and it was not unusual to get "looks"  tho actual physical threats/confrontations were extremely rare.  Probably a good idea on their part.  And I can't imagine the sh#t storm a troop would experience all the way up to the base commander (Maybe higher) in that event,  I'm sure. PR was a huge deal.

I suppose it was wrong of me to chuckle a bit when the base closings started and these same townfolk begged and pleaded, saying how much they'd miss their military neighbors and brothers.  Your average base pumps millions into the local economy and most bases are near failrly small towns.  Anyway,  I bet it was a great time for the troops to visit town, in or out of uniform.

I'm betting the authors/supporters of the above article would have a very similar epiphany. altho for more dramatic reasons than mere cashflow.