FBI seizes Giuliani's laptops
18 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 28, 2021, 3:56 p.m.

Federal Investigators Search Rudy Giuliani’s Apartment, Seize Laptops: Lawyer

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/federal-investigators-search-rudy-giulianis-apartment-seize-laptops-lawyer_3794871.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-04-28-2&mktids=6fe22543928fe12883c51ef9d525c292&est=HAHEeHYJzEeWsOvR2wP26D4G5d5BZJLEic6stgbbn8mYswLiUukRVAdsriqQMg%3D%3D

A lawyer for Rudy Giuliani, the former New York City mayor and attorney to former President Donald Trump, said federal investigators executed a search warrant at his home and seized electronic devices.

Giuliani’s attorney Robert Costello told Fox News that seven FBI agents arrived at his apartment at 6 a.m. Wednesday and remained at his home for about two hours. They seized laptops, cell phones, and other electronic devices, said Costello.

“This is totally unnecessary,” Costello told Fox News, adding the raid was carried out “make him look like he’s some sort of criminal.”

The New York Times was the first to report on the search, claiming that it may have at least partially stemmed from his dealings in Ukraine over the years. Giuliani was not arrested or charged with a crime, and it’s not clear exactly why the former mayor’s house was searched.

“What they did today was legal thuggery,” Costello told the paper. “Why would you do this to anyone, let alone someone who was the associate attorney general, United States attorney, the mayor of New York City and the personal lawyer to the 45th president of the United States.”

Costello also told the Wall Street Journal that in recent years, he had offered to answer investigators’ questions but they declined. “It’s like I’m talking to a wall,” he said.

The Epoch Times has contacted the FBI and Giuliani’s team for comment.

In late 2019, in the midst of the first House impeachment inquiry into Trump, prosecutors charged two alleged former associates to Giuliani, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, with unrelated crimes regarding alleged campaign finance violations. Their trial is scheduled for October 2021, and they have pleaded not guilty.

On Jan. 20 of last year, Giuliani appeared on Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle” and said he’s no longer close to Parnas, a former client, and claimed that Parnas was lying about some of his claims.

One example, according to Giuliani, was a claim that Parnas met with Trump at the White House during Hanukkah and was deputized by the president. “The meeting never took place,” Giuliani told Fox News at the time. “The records indicate that it never took place. He lied. The man is a demonstrated liar.”

“Lev is someone I was close to. Obviously, I was misled by him. I feel very bad. I still feel sorry for him. I’m not going to respond to him for each and every one of the misrepresentations he’s made because there were so many,” he said. “If I’m called as a witness, I’m prepared to do it.”

In 2018, when FBI officials searched the home of Trump’s former lawyer, Michael Cohen, the former president said it was part of a “witch hunt” against him on behalf of the federal law enforcement agency. Cohen was eventually convicted and sentenced, spending more than one year at a federal prison near Otisville, New York.

Trump has long said that the Russia inquiry and impeachment against him were part of a politically motivated campaign to undermine his presidency and the legitimacy of his 2016 election win.

Comments
By mcfarm - April 28, 2021, 4:02 p.m.
Like Reply

a bazaar world you say? years of lap tops and documents left laying all over hell's half acrs during the Russian hoax, then the FBI was offered and declined Hunter's ;laptop. Does anyone see a bias at justice  dept here

By metmike - April 28, 2021, 4:18 p.m.
Like Reply

This would be funny..............if it weren't so scary!

Totally ignore this REAL incriminating evidence below on a REAL laptop....blame Russia and call it a right wing conspiracy theory and censor REAL news about it and go after the guy that provided the REAL evidence.

More smoking gun evidence on Bidens            

78 responses |                1046 likes            

Started by metmike - Oct. 14, 2020, 7:39 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60077/

This is exactly like what Mueller did for 3 years!

More Mueller corruption!       

Started by metmike - Sept. 11, 2020, 6:44 p.m.        

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/59031/

Re: Re: Pardon for Michael Flynn            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/61735/#61805

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60589/#60599

Reviewing Muellers corruption with facts:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/55925/#55961

By metmike - April 28, 2021, 4:45 p.m.
Like Reply

I personally disliked Guilliani.

He is a big mouth source of massive fake news.

Too bad he can't go to jail for all the fake news he pushed for 2 months "Biden stole the election".

However, these actions by the FBI are obviously a result of him being politically targeted after Hunter was politically protected because of his political party. 

The top leaders in our justice department and other places don't represent Truth, Justice and the American way.

They represent Lies, Injustice and the American Bureaucrats Way.

By mcfarm - April 28, 2021, 5:53 p.m.
Like Reply

you said a mouthful MM except the big mouth stuff about Gilianni. Seems he has in his older years turned into a sort of cartoon to an extinct but there is not person alive today the took the corruption in NY and fought the way he did with various mobsters putting contracts out on his life. And there is evidence that he may of saved the entire city form a hurried lib death because of his tremendous job as mayor. Cannot forgive for you for your loyal support of "good guy" {your words} of Biden when you can actually go all the back to his college year and document corruption forward to this very day.

By WxFollower - April 30, 2021, 4:27 p.m.
Like Reply

If I were Giuliani or Trump, I’d be quite nervous about this seizure and investigation by the FBI based on this intricate timeline set out 1.5 years ago in here:

https://www.justsecurity.org/67480/timeline-rep-devin-nunes-and-ukraine-disinformation-efforts/

According to the following link, justsecurity.com is left center biased (they are run by a lefty as I read about them). However, they rate “high” on the factual totem poll meaning the chance for this to be fake news is almost zero. Therefore, justsecurity having this intricate timeline laid out is not good news for Trump, Giuliani, and company:

“Overall, we rate Just Security Left-Center Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.“

That is from here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/just-security/%3famp

By metmike - April 30, 2021, 5:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry,

It's good for us to look at ALL the information and try to figure out what makes sense because almost half of it will be spun 1 way and the other half will be spun exactly the opposite.

I also greatly appreciate you checking out your source ahead of time in an attempt to not provide us with one side's spinning. You didn't have to do that but its clear evidence of your sincerely to only provide reliable information, which is pretty tough to come by in todays world.

Actually, I would not have done that myself but you doing it and me never hearing the name of this new agency before, I decided to look at some of their articles.

The very first one referred to Trump as reprehensible.................all I needed to know.

But this doesn't mean their information is wrong.

Here is the way it is in the world today.

When there is breaking news that is  bad about the left, the first ones to carry it in their headlines will be the right. The farther right they are, the more likely for them to carry the news early on without worrying about the information being wrong. They end up being wrong alot but when they are right, they are always the first to cover it.

When there is breaking news that is really bad about the right.................same exact thing. The farther left the source, the earlier we will get the news, along with using sources that are not 100% trustworthy. 

In general, the MSM leans left but several of them will still make sure they have the facts right before giving us their left leaning interpretation........NBC, ABC, CBS and so on. One of my favorites that seems to be really close to the best of the best  is The Hill. 

I actually get all their articles in my email every day and use them way more than anybody else here for general information or objective reporting.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-hill/

I had to chuckle at their comment at the end of the fact checking:

Overall, we rate The Hill Least Biased based on balanced editorial positions and news reporting that is low biased. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to previous opinion columns promoting unproven claims. (5/18/2016)

metmike: The reporter that expressed those opinions from 5 years ago, John Solomon left years ago, so I rate this fact check demotion handed out by this fact checker as bs. 

By TimNew - May 1, 2021, 6:14 a.m.
Like Reply

THe timing is absolutely fascinating.  

By metmike - May 1, 2021, 7:01 a.m.
Like Reply

For people that tell us they are trying to unite the county, they do nothing but the total opposite things that can only divide it more.

Continually bringing up the 1 day riot at the capital over and over and over again, making it into another 9-11 type terrorist attack to use politically against the other party.....Biden did that again in his big speech this week, is only going to allienate the people that you claim to want to unite.

Referring to people as systemically racist and referring to groups that serve us and they strongly support for damn good reasons.....the cops as systemically racist to advance your political agenda will only divide us more.

NOT investigating a person that some of us are convinced  broke laws....Hunter Biden but then investigating somebody that investigated the person that broke laws is as divisive and political as it gets.

Everybody that hated trump will be for this investigation. Everybody that supported trump will see it as political targeting. 

Like I mentionedd earlier, I greatly dislike this guy as well as trump and would be thrilled if both went to prison for what they did AFTER the election....but see this as extremely likely political targeting.

I will probably be posting old threads on this from back when they used this bs stuff to impeach trump In 2019.

To provide accurate facts, which may be hard to come by in the weeks ahead as the amSM and dems make the case to convict Guiiliana in the court of public opinion.

I have no doubt that there will be dozens of articles that come out with reasons for why he is guilty.

And he might be guilty of breaking some laws.......did step over the line trying to generate evidence on hunter because that’s who he is as evidenced by his Biden steal charade.

However, I am much, much more confident that hunter broke laws and joe, absolutely was involved and what is going on with this investigation is absolutely political and revenge against Giuliani just based on knowing all the authentic, objective facts from this case and the cover up that G was trying to uncover.

By TimNew - May 1, 2021, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

It's an obvious distraction.

By WxFollower - May 1, 2021, 10:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

Did you read this intricate and very detailed timeline? Yes, the source is left center biased as I showed and thus ,of course, they want Giuiliani and company to be taken down. But this source also rates highly on the factual totem pole as also mentioned, which is why I decided to post it. It shows that there was an intricate disinformation effort regarding Biden because Trump was worried he'd lose to him based on polling:

https://www.justsecurity.org/67480/timeline-rep-devin-nunes-and-ukraine-disinformation-efforts/

Giuliani has come way down in my eyes from his days as a great mayor. It is sad.

By metmike - May 2, 2021, 12:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry!

Pretty impressive timeline. Even if it is biased, there's plenty of legit stuff in there. 

I will have to adjust my opinion slightly from maybe Giuliani broke some laws, with moderate confidence to........ HIGH confidence.

His goose may be cooked here based on the actions of the FBI. 

If Mueller could generate dozens of crimes that never existed before his investigation to target Trump associates, the FBI will have no trouble using documented facts of crimes by Giuliani that DID happen and are legit.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving guy IMO. What he did to push the false Biden steal narrative for months showed how corrupt that man is. Those crimes, in my opinion are the ones that he should go to prison for.

I still believe, based on rock solid evidence, however that he was investigating real crimes committed by Hunter Biden that our justice department refuses to investigate  because they KNOW it. 

My confidence in this was elevated to positive when Hunter Biden's laptop popped up(for sure it was his)  with tons of legit evidence and we were all told that it was a right wing conspiracy and Russia was behind it. Then, legit stories about this and the main source of the authentic news were actually censored by the MSM in October 2020 to protect Biden.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68641/#68644

I continue to KNOW that Giuliani and Trump were investigation Biden for POLITICAL reasons. Of course they did! If Biden was a republican, do we really think they would have done this?

That's the way it is in the world. Each side, targets the other side. All crimes committed by one side, are always covered up by that side but totally exposed by the other side............and one side(the dems) have tremendous power in generating crimes when they also have a corrupt/biased justice dept. that consists of unelected bureaucrats  to take down their opponent(Trump ala Mueller for instance) while ignoring all crimes by their side.

With that being the case, there was never an honest investigation into the Bidens, so Trump and associates decided to conduct their own(corrupt) investigation of them. Obviously political, the same as the Mueller investigation.

I was actually glad to see at least somebody(s) investigating the Biden's because NOT doing it, meant a free pass and those that did do it, revealed to us some pretty convincing, authentic evidence.

However, the corrupt investigation team of Trump and Giulliani, must have been applying the Mueller political targeting laws and Trump being the president, figured he had the power to offset the justice dept bias and that if the other side can do it to him, then he can do the same thing to them...........only he had real crimes. 

Bottom line is Giuliani's goose is cooked and they may actually be more after Trump on this. Once they get Giuliani, we all know where he was getting his orders from.

Funny thing about it. Mueller really was a witch hunt that spent 2.5 years and came up legally empty on Trump but created powerful false narratives that live on.

This investigation should have some legal teeth to it. 

The political targets in this case did some corrupt, illegal things and were not being honest when they acted this way. They deserve whats coming to them, even if its entirely political.

If you don't think it's political, why have the Bidens gotten a free pass all this time?

If you don't think the Biden corruption was real...........then you just are not looking at the facts. 

Another way to put it....if Giuliani was a Democrat that did all these things to get trump, would they be going after him?

Wait, we have an  anolog. Mueller’s very corrupt investigation targeted trump for political reasons. They found tons and tons of corruption but the invetigation was crushed by the gatekeepers. Completely crushed and covered up because this isn’t about equal jistice.

By GunterK - May 2, 2021, 2:28 p.m.
Like Reply

I don’t know as much about these things as you guys do. However, from what I have read, I have no doubt that they will find some incriminating dirt on Giuliani’s computer. And I have no doubt that Hunter Biden’s computer contained incriminating dirt.

So let me get this straight….

I thought, the FBI is a non-political agency, whose duty it is to investigate crime (on a federal level) and bring criminals to justice.

So, they raid Giuliani’s home in a military-style operation, to get his computer, but they refused to look at Hunter’s computer when it was offered to them!

This clearly points out that their mission is to go after Republicans and protect Democrats.

With this in mind, it all makes sense. Trump is already critically injured, as a political figure, but they must give him the death-blow, in a political sense, to prevent him from appearing again on the political scene.

Maybe, I had a wrong impression of what the FBI is supposed be.

On a similar note….

People who loot and burn down businesses, are not “criminals”… they are “protesters”, looking for"justice". And they are encouraged to do more of the same, or even escalate, by our VP and Speaker of the House.

At the same time, supporters of the republican ex-president, who took selfies in the Capitol Building (that they should NOT have entered), are “terrorists”, not any better than alQaeda or ISIS

Is this the USA????

By metmike - May 2, 2021, 2:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!

"supporters of the republican ex-president, who took selfies in the Capitol Building (that they should NOT have entered), are “terrorists”"

I was in agreement on much of your description Gunter.

When you described that event in early January in that manner, it let us know what bias your particular view is coming from.

In case you're unaware of what I mean, your description would also match perfectly for people that were just confused tourists that had wrong directions.

By GunterK - May 2, 2021, 3:20 p.m.
Like Reply

II am sorry, ;you feel that way, metmike.

I knew some people who worked on the top floor of WTC, on 9/11. I have a different view about what is a "terrorist" . The guys who flew the airplanes into the WTC didn't just take selfies.

And I am also quite sure, if disgruntled Hillary voters had invaded the Capitol after Trump won in 2016, they would have been called "protesters", not "terrorists"

And I can also imagine that some owners of a "mom-and-pop" boutique store, who saw their store looted and burned down, would have similar feelings as I do.

By metmike - May 2, 2021, 5:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter,

I enjoy conversations with you because you often listen to facts and valid points.

Taking the complete opposite extreme of the other sides extreme can make you almost as wrong  Gunter.

Analogy.

If we were negotiating the price of an item for sale, that would eventually result in a sale price, somewhere in between that made both side happy, starting with an extreme makes sense because then your starting point, gives you more power/flexibility to negotiate towards the eventual price.

If this were a negotiation between the MSM and Gunter over the significance of what happened at the insurrection, with 0 being that it didn't really hurt anything and 50,000 being it was similar to 9-11, the absolute worst thing in history. This is how I perceive it.

Let's say it was just a hypothetical 50 but somewhat realistic metmike view based on the location getting most of the points, along with it obviously being a riot, with deaths and criminal activity.  Maybe the Summer long riots, when added up were a 500(10 times worse than the insurrection but 100 times not as bad as 9-11)............this is not scientific but just a WAG hypothetical to explain my view of you.

The MSM is covering the insurrection, at times  like it was a 5,000, 10 times worse than the Summer riots and 100 times worse than what I think it was but with 9-11 as 10 times worse than the Insurrection.

Gunter, on the other hand(by his last description, using HIS words and my impression) is projecting a damage level of 2. 25 times UNDER estimating what really happened.

In the real world, if 2 sides are trying to come together on agreeing on a price or anything for that matter and one side is using 5,000 and the other side is using 2 for something worth 50............there will never be any negotiations and and objective observer who knows the true number or value being 50, concludes they are both delusional to come up with numbers so far off.

The way to be credible to objective sources..............is to not give extreme values.

However, the subjective mind, cursed with cognitive bias, especially political bias is usually not capable of doing that. 

When you are telling us that a 50 is worth 2..............your political bias couldn't be more clear.

By GunterK - May 2, 2021, 7:19 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike, my comments have absolutely nothing to do with my “political bias”, as you called it. I am merely looking for fairness in the law, which doesn’t seem to exist anymore.

Since last summer, we have seen some 500 very violent Antifa/BLM protests. Businesses were looted and burnt down, police officers were attacked with bricks and Molotov cocktails (a deadly weapon), 2+ billion of property damage, and some 400+ officers were injured.

These are obviously “crimes”, some of them misdemeanors, most of them felonies. But have you ever seen a report that called these violators “criminals”? I haven’t. They are simply called “protesters”, and they get a free pass.

And on top of this, our highest ranking government officials encourage this behavior and even suggest escalation!

However, we were talking about the jan 6 event, which involved the Capitol Building, not the privately owned places of business who suffered during the 2020 reign of “anarchy”. This DOES make a difference!

First, some other “terrorist” attacks against installations/buildings of the US Government….

2003 Riyadh bombing… 39 killed

1983 Beirut bombing.. 241 soldiers killed

1998 Nairobi Embassy bombing… 224 killed

This list is by no means complete… I only wanted to show previous attacks against US government facilities, officially classified as “terrorist attacks”.

(… and I ignored “terrorist attacks” against civilian targets in the US, such as the Oklahoma bombing, and of course, 9/11)

Compare all this to the Jan 6 event…

I repeat again, these protesters should have kept their protests outside, on the street, and the vast majority of protesters did..

However, some wrestled with the police who tried to prevent them from entering the building. Again, this was wrong. They should have respected the police. Some 15 police officers were injured, and this shouldn’t have happened.

It was a brawl that should not have happened, but it wasn’t much different from the above mentioned Antifa/BLM “protests”. 

I also know of the property damage done inside the building, the graffiti sprayed, etc… all this shouldn’t have happened.

There were also some individuals who uttered verbal threats against politicians, and they should be prosecuted (even though similar verbal threats from the Left are usually laughed at).

However, the majority did nothing but walk around and take pictures. Does this put them into the same category with alQaeda???

Even worse, a great portion of these protesters were voluntarily allowed by the police to enter the building, which they did, and then they did nothing but take selfies. You can’t even charge those folks with “trespassing”, let alone with ‘terrorism”

All I would like to see is some rational, reasonable accusations and charges against the wrong-doers...   Some fairness in the law, not a one-sided persecution… putting these few into the same boat with alQaeda and ISIS is crazy, IMHO.

Sorry... this thread was about Giuliani's computer. It somehow wound up at a different place. My bad!

By metmike - May 2, 2021, 7:45 p.m.
Like Reply

No problem if you want to bring up other topics in a thread that started about something else Gunter. I do it more than anybody!

I appreciate your sincere thoughts!

By metmike - May 2, 2021, 10:03 p.m.
Like Reply

I forgot to mention again, the most important point for me(which has been stated in many other threads) regarding the Insurrection.

The reason for the riot is extremely important. 

This riot was entirely  based on the rejection of the results of the most important democratic election that we have every 4 years.....the election of our president.

In this case, after the election results were proven to be valid and stood up to every legal challenge and every false allegation and every investigation.............proving to be the most secure election in history based on the unprecedented scrutiny and attacks that were unable to show any significant fraud. 

Does this matter?

You aren't kidding that it matters.

These people were attacking/rioting/protesting  the actual democratic way of government based on the Contstitution and free elections.

It's absolutely essential, for the loser and the losers supporters to accept the results of the election. They don't have to like them one bit and they can protest about being unhappy they lost or protest continued support for their person that lost

BUT THEY MUST ACCEPT THE RESULTS if we are to remain a civilized democracy and not just turn into a chaotic, 3rd world country.

At least the BLM riots this Summer were based on an (exaggerated) problem that really does exist with some cops. Some cops still need to be fixed, even though one side magnifies the problem greatly for their political agenda. 

The only issue the Jan riots wanted fixed was, who won the election. They wanted Trump to be the president, thinking that Biden had stolen the election.

Rioting against our democracy on this one day was bad enough but these people spreading the lies and false narratives and fake news about the election in an attempt to try to discredit the results because they didn't like it and create distrust in our wonderful election system was very wrong..