Kamala Harris speaks about racism
19 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - April 29, 2021, 1:27 p.m.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9525685/Kamala-Harris-agrees-America-not-racist-defends-work-border.html

Kamala Harris says, the US is not racist, but white supremacists are a threat to national security.

I am very much against white supremacist groups. They are a thing of the past. They don't fit into today's world.

However, i find her comment to be absurd. Did any white supremacist group  burn down buildings in 2020? Did any of them do any looting? Did they injury 400+ police officers in 2020?

There are other groups in the US who are much more violent, such as Antifa.  There are also "black supremacist" groups (such as the NFAC), Latino supremacist groups, etc

Do I detect "racism" in her comments?

Comments
By mcfarm - April 29, 2021, 1:53 p.m.
Like Reply

sure you did Gunter. This crap of anti white racism is spreading which leads to what....well anti-black racism...and all the things that were mostly settled years ...that you so much critical race theory, blm, and assorted others

By metmike - April 29, 2021, 2:13 p.m.
Like Reply
  • She defended her work on border diplomacy
  • 'It’s not going to be fixed over night. If it were easy it would have been fixed a long time ago,' she said

This is what Biden said last night:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68659/#68690

5. He mentioned that the problem at the border is from problems those people have in their country that he is working to fix. He says that if they are climate refugees, the result of human caused climate change which is causing drought and floods(and earthquakes), then he will let them in.  I am 100% for us helping poor countries. But this new definition, now means that anytime a country has extreme weather, they have justification for being a climate refugee and getting into the US. Almost every country in the world has had extreme weather during my lifetime. Prior to that, they all had the same extreme weather, even because CO2 went up.  

This new definition of his on climate refugees, comes straight out of the United Nations playbook, used to make the rules in the Climate Accord. The Climate Accord, as you may have noted above in that link, allows all the poor counties to emit CO2, including  China and the Green Climate Fund, collects money from the rich countries, like the US to give to the poor countries for climate reparations because we supposedly wrecked their climate.....so they can adapt to their bad climate.

Ironically, their crops are producing 40% more BECAUSE of climate change. They should be paying the CO2 emitters an atmospheric fertilizer commission for the best weather and climate and CO2 levels in the last 5,000 years. 

metmike: By "It's not going to be fixed over night", this absolutely means that they will never fix it........NEVER!

There will always be major problems in other countries that cause people there to want to migrate to the US. There will always be extreme weather, every single year in at least several countries in the world. That is IMPOSSIBLE to fix. 

By WxFollower - April 29, 2021, 5:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter said:

“I am very much against white supremacist groups. They are a thing of the past. They don't fit into today's world.

However, i find her comment to be absurd. Did any white supremacist group  burn down buildings in 2020? Did any of them do any looting? Did they injury 400+ police officers in 2020?”

——————————————-

White supremacists are a major problem in the US and are mainly within the far right. I think this problem is growing. You started off well, but then you minimized how bad they are by comparing them to other groups that encourage and do looting, burn buildings, and attack cops. Just because the white supremacists don’t normally do these things does not reduce how evil and dangerous they are. They go against everything the US is about, which is inclusion, opportunity, and safety for all regardless of race and religion, among other variables. I’m more concerned than ever about them. I don’t think this forum as a whole talks enough about how awful they are.

By GunterK - April 29, 2021, 6:13 p.m.
Like Reply

wxfollower, I agree with you about white supremacist groups being evil.  I agree, they are against what all descent people stand for.

However, I do believe that the anarchy of the summer of last year has caused them to come out of hiding and take a more menacing stand.

The anarchy of 2020 is also not what the US stands for. The whole world saw those images, and they diminished the standing of the US, as the leader of the world. And then we have this Vice President supporting and encouraging these anarchists?????

As far as the "white supremacists" being a "national security risk" is being concerned... IMHO, there is a much greater risk for national security at the border, where terrorists from Yemen have already been arrested. And again... this Vice President hasn't even bothered to make a visit and talk to the Border Patrol.!!!

By metmike - April 29, 2021, 6:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry!

"White supremacists are a major problem in the US and are mainly within the far right...... I don’t think this forum as a whole talks enough about how awful they are."

That's why we encourage all ideas/opinions here Larry. If there is something that a poster thinks should be discussed more............let's do it!

BTW, I agree strongly with you and this is a wonderful topic!

White supremacist propaganda hit an all-time high in 2020, new report says

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/03/17/white-supremacist-propaganda-hits-all-time-high/4721323001/

Incidents of white supremacist propaganda hit an all-time high in 2020, according to a new report from the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism, which has tracked racist propaganda for decades. anti-Semitic, racist and anti-LGBTQ+ posters, flyers and graffiti were recorded 5,125 times in 2020, according to the report, almost twice the number of incidents recorded in 2019.

The report, released today, details incidents in every state excluding Hawaii. It includes 130 incidents of white supremacists putting up banners, 56 in-person white supremacist events and 283 incidents of anti-Semitc language or propaganda that specifically targeted Jewish institutions, a 68% increase from 2019.

Oren Segal, vice president of the Center on Extremism, said the increased propaganda is another indication of how divided America has become.

"As if a pandemic, social justice protests and a polarizing election were not enough, one of the other things we've been dealing with is a significant increase in efforts by white supremacists to spread their messages around the country," Segal said. "What the numbers suggest is a doubling down on what they view as a successful tactic."

Offline expression of online activity

In recent years, white supremacists have increasingly gathered online using social media, message boards and chatrooms. It may seem surprising, therefore, to see such a spike in old-school techniques like putting up posters and distributing flyers.

But Segal said the increase in propaganda isn't an alternative to online activity, but a reflection of how technology is helping white supremacist views propagate.

"The ability for white supremacist groups to crowdsource their propaganda online results in the increase that we're seeing on the ground," Segal said. "Anybody can access these materials online and then go out into their community and post it there. So while it's an old tactic, it's being helped by modern technology."

Propaganda mirrors increases in hate groups, hate crime

The increase in white supremacist propaganda mirrors an overall national increase in both the number of hate groups in the United States and hate crimes over the last few years.

The Southern Poverty Law Center's annual audit of hate groups showed a slight dip in the number of groups counted in 2020 from 2019. But experts were quick to point out that the number of hate groups remains high by historical standards. 

The most recent statistics on hate crimes from the FBI, a tally that is deeply flawed but offers some historical perspective, suggested fatal hate crimes rising to record levels in 2019, the most recent year for which data is available.

By metmike - April 29, 2021, 6:25 p.m.
Like Reply

FBI report shows US hate crimes reached the highest level since 2008

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/11/16/2019-us-hate-crimes-highest-mark-since-2008-fbi-report/6314908002/

WASHINGTON – Hate crimes in the U.S. rose to the highest level in more than a decade as federal officials also recorded the highest number of hate-motivated killings since the FBI began collecting that data in the early 1990s, according to an FBI report released Monday.

There were 51 hate crime murders in 2019, which includes 22 people who were killed in a shooting that targeted Mexicans at a Walmart in the border city of El Paso, Texas, the report said. The suspect in that August 2019 shooting, which left two dozen other people injured, was charged with state and federal crimes in what authorities said was an attempt to scare Hispanics into leaving the United States.

There were 7,314 hate crimes last year, up from 7,120 the year before – and approaching the 7,783 of 2008. The FBI’s annual report defines hate crimes as those motivated by bias based on a person’s race, religion or sexual orientation, among other categories.

By metmike - April 29, 2021, 6:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Hate crimes against Asian Americans are on the rise. Here's what activists, lawmakers and police are doing to stop the violence

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/02/27/asian-hate-crimes-attacks-fueled-covid-19-racism-threaten-asians/4566376001/

metmike: We had a lengthy discussion about this earlier this year, mainly featuring a disagreement about the significance of it  between metmike and Tim.

Anger over anti-Asian violence            

49 responses |               

Started by metmike - March 18, 2021, 6:47 p.m.        

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/66820/

By metmike - April 29, 2021, 6:41 p.m.
Like Reply

At the end of the Asian hate crime thread, I opened up a new thread, titled: "What is a hate crime" fully intending to have a serious discussion about a serious subject.

Tim's response making a joke out of it and nobody else commenting, told me that it was just going to be a metmike lecture/beating his head up against a brick wall....which ended it there. 

But we can try again, using this thread to continue a discussion along those lines:

Maybe Larry will treat the topic "hate crimes" seriously and provide us with  some objective thoughtful  comments.

What is a hate crime?            

2 responses |        

Started by metmike - March 24, 2021, 10:27 p.m.      

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67080/

By mcfarm - April 29, 2021, 6:42 p.m.
Like Reply

since Biden likes to throw the word "clown" around maybe just maybe we would of finished off the KKK in the 60's had it not been for these 2 clowns

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/07/03/watch-joe-biden-call-kkk-member-and-democrat-robert-byrd-a-friend-and-mentor-n2571780

By metmike - April 29, 2021, 6:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter,

"IMHO, there is a much greater risk for national security at the border, where terrorists from Yemen have already been arrested. And again... this Vice President hasn't even bothered to make a visit and talk to the Border Patrol.!!!"

Gunter, I was following your concern, though thinking that you have it the other way around and are exaggerating the terrorism risk at the border...........then you proved yourself exactly wrong by providing an example. 

U.S. arrested two Yemenis on terror watchlist who tried to cross border from Mexico

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-border-security/u-s-arrested-two-yemenis-on-terror-watchlist-who-tried-to-cross-border-from-mexico-idUSKBN2BS1XO

metmike: I realize that there are likely many more than two individuals that crossed the border, many of them without being caught but let's see how that compares with the known hate GROUPS(which have many members in each group) in the US already.

Gunter, did you know that there are this many hate groups in the US?

By metmike - April 29, 2021, 7:10 p.m.
Like Reply

"since Biden likes to throw the word "clown" around maybe just maybe we would of finished off the KKK in the 60's had it not been for these 2 clowns"

mcfarm,

Maybe you didn't realize that Biden is speaking at the guys funeral.

You're old enough to have been to dozens of funerals. Outside of Obama, who used the eulogy  of the great  John Lewis to ramble on about his personal political  philosophy, instead of the life of John Lewis, every funeral that I've seen, features people saying only really good things about the deceased. 

What did you expect Biden to say at that man's eulogy?

By GunterK - April 29, 2021, 7:50 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike, about those 2 guys from Yemen..

These were guys our intel agencies knew by name and picture. I am sure, there are millions of terrorists in the M.E., who our agencies would not be able to identify, if you'd parade them in front of them.

M.E. people can easily be confused with Latino people.

Can we assume that a few  hundred of them, or at least a few dozen of them are already here in the US?

Now since the world knows that Biden has lost control of our borders, I am sure, many of them are packing their suitcases right now.

You spoke of the many hate groups on the US. Well, shame on them. I don't like them. However, we most likely see them appear, when Antifa tries to burn down another government building.

Take just one ISIS guy however, he will most likely plan on taking down another WTC-like buildiing, or an airliner, rather than engaging in a fist fight with Antifa/BLM. Yes, ISIS and our open borders concern me more than local hate groups.

By metmike - April 29, 2021, 11:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

As you've noted for years here,  I am almost always in total agreement with you on border issues and often on other issues.

But when you use 2 terrorists from Yemen, with speculation of more as your example for why terrorists getting in at the southern border are a much higher threat than  thousands of people that are members of the "for REAL (not speculated)" radical hate groups..I'm just showing you the facts because I believe that you're wrong on this particular element. 

I still agree with all your points about the border and illegal immigration but believe that you  must be greatly underestimating the risks from  these many hundreds of hate groups. 

In a lengthy conversation on Asian hate crimes last month, I found out that many posters here don't think this is significant. 

This explains why you also think that the risk is higher from terrorists coming in at the southern border. 

Again, I disagree based on the facts/evidence but will read everything that you show with an open mind.

I can post a dozen studies with convincing data, like this one below but it seems that minds are made up.

White Supremacy Groups in the United States

https://www.counterextremism.com/sites/default/files/supremacy_landing_files/U.S.%20White%20Supremacy%20Groups_041421_0.pdf

By GunterK - April 29, 2021, 11:55 p.m.
Like Reply

in your post you are now mentioning anti-asian hate crimes and white supremacist groups in one discussion.

Is there a connection? Is there a tabulation that shows which ethnic group is committing most of the anti-asian hate crimes?

By GunterK - April 30, 2021, 12:19 a.m.
Like Reply

one more time about those 2 guys from Yemen. You keep ridiculing me about the tiny number 2

Please be reminded that, a few years ago, a single terrorist boarded a Panam flight, with a tiny bomb in his shoe. He killed every one on that flight.

In 2001, a dozen terrorists took over 4 airliners and killed some 3000 people.

Yes, I understand... a single young man, full of racial hatred, killed a bunch of worshippers in a black church 

It did happen.

However, this doesn't change my mind.. I am very concerned about who is crossing our borders illegally/ There are millions of ISIS or AlQaeda types living all over the world. And the all hate the US..and they would gladly give up their own life to kill few "unbelievers". and our borders are now open to them.

The militia groups in the US are doing some sabre rattling (since all the rioting started),  but I don't believe they will bring down an airliner. ISIS people won't hesitate to do so.

Of course, if I was one of Kamala Harris' people. looting and burning down businesses, I would probaby be a bit nervous.

By metmike - April 30, 2021, 1:06 a.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

Why do you continue to argue about something that I keep telling you I AGREE with you on.......the border and then claim that I'm ridiculing you?

Your last post was defending your position on the southern border again after I keep stating this:

"I still agree with all your points about the border and illegal immigration but believe that you  must be greatly underestimating the risks from  these many hundreds of hate groups."

Why is it so hard for you guys to acknowledge the stone cold facts about hundreds of hate groups in this country?

I mainly used the border example to show you, that you are not being consistent in having so much concern about terrorism from the southern border compared with even more evidence in the US of REAL, not speculated hate groups, some that have participated as terrorists.

I can only guess that your continuing to do this is because you don't want to acknowledge the weight of far right groups in crimes like this.

The MSM going overboard to vilify the right by greatly exaggerating the damage done by the insurrection and in other realms  has possibly left you ultra sensitive and defensive and unwilling to objectively look at the facts that I'm showing.

I'm your friend and not a leftist out to obliterate your side Gunter. It's your choice on whether you want to acknowledge the map below. You know that I run this site to send out messages against hate and for love. Why would I NOT try to educate people about hate groups?

You guys have had your heads filled with messages that NEVER tell you about stuff like this.

It's for real. I hope that you have it in you to see the truth on this. The maps below are for 2020 and 2000. Strangely, they claim there were over 200 more hate groups 20 years after 2000 but their map looks to have less white dots.

Regardless, there are many hundreds of hate groups and their messages must be pretty bad to qualify. When you get a mentally unstable person with that belief system, that's when you create a terrorist that kills people.

1. Mentally ill people that love other people that they disagree with...............are not a major threat.

2. When there is intense hatred THEN you add the mental instability........very bad things can happen. Nothing good has ever come from a hate group.

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

By GunterK - April 30, 2021, 10:17 a.m.
Like Reply

You are right, metmike, you did agree with me on the border issue…. My bad!!! I apologize

On your chart, there sure are a lot of “hate groups”.

The next question would be, what is a hate group?

Antifa? They sure spew a lot of hate

How about Kamal Harris’ BLM? Is burning and looting a “hate crime”, or just another crime? Or are they called a “political organization”, because their 3 founders want the US to be a communist country?

If so, then some of these other hate groups are also “political organizations”, because they call themselves “patriots”, organized to defend the Constitution.

Is the display of fire arms a requisite for being called a “hate group”?

I know, for example, that the Nation Of Islam, led by Louis. Farrakhan is called a “hate group”. Actually, you could call them a “black supremacist” group, because he himself has spoken on “black supremacy” (with the black people being the “original” people, before the human species migrated into the other continents). Yet, he seems to be a peaceful man, who wants his people to be self-sufficient and independent from government support. He once organized a “million man march” in Washington, and insisted that no one brought any weapons. A “threat to national security”? The FBI sure thinks so.

I believe many people on the Left would want to call Trump supporters a “hate group”.

It seems to me, there are a lot of questions about this subject.

BTW,.. I didn't count the dots on your 2 graphs, but I looks to me, like they hav the titles reverse... less dots in 2020, than in the other.

By metmike - April 30, 2021, 10:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter,

This would be a wonderful thread............what is a hate group!

By GunterK - April 30, 2021, 11:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Pres Biden is apparently considering a law that considers hate groups to be “domestic terrorists”, with the focus being on white groups.

Found it first on infowars, who got it from zerohedge, who got it from Bloomberg (and that source is OK to mention)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-29/new-domestic-terrorism-law-being-weighed-by-justice-department

So, finally, the government is going after those nasty hate groups.

Well, Antifa should be OK... after all, they hate Trump... they are the good guys...

and MS13 should be OK.. they are considered to be "brown"

and NFAC is definitely not a white supremacist group

It's mostly against white people.

Could this be called "racism"?