Caitlyn Jenner: "If You're a Biological Boy ...YOU SHOULDN'T BE IN GIRLS' SPORTS"
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - May 2, 2021, 4:45 p.m.

Interesting though not surprising since she is a Republican:

"I didn’t expect to get asked this on my Saturday morning coffee run, but I’m clear about where I stand. It’s an issue of fairness and we need to protect girls’ sports in our schools."

Caitlyn Jenner on Twitter: "I didn’t expect to get asked this on my Saturday morning coffee run, but I’m clear about where I stand. It’s an issue of fairness and we need to protect girls’ sports in our schools. https://t.co/YODLDQ3csP" / Twitter

She used to have the opposite view by the way. So, this new stance could be for pure political reasons since she's running as a Republican.

Many lib Dems, who are mainly not trans, are already up in arms about this. But why should they be against what a trans woman says about a trans woman issue when they often say that men shouldn't have a say in the abortion issue. Double standard!

Comments
By metmike - May 2, 2021, 7:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry!

Why this would even be a discussion shows how messed up society is.

Competition in sports is base on fairness.

We don't have high school teams compete against grade school teams or against college teams because clearly, age causes the human body to be more developed and the older you get up into the 20's, the more advanced/mature your body has become.

All major sports have divisions based on AGE. All of them that I can think of. 

It's a no brainer.

Mens bodies and womens bodies also have developmental differences that require them to compete in different divisions based on those differences, which start at around puberty. This is done, like with age out of total justice and fairness to everybody.

What's interesting, being somebody that coached alot of youth  sports, some of them will allow the girls and boys to be on the same teams BEFORE puberty. Especially in soccer and basketball.

The boys still have an advantage in most cases overall, with some exceptions but once they hit puberty, testosterone , size, power and speed based entirely on SCIENCE/BIOLOGY takes over in almost every physical sport.

To not fully acknowledge this based purely on bodies and genetics is to be ANTI scientific and against uniformly applying it in the fairest, most just way possible.

Letting genetic boys who are transgender compete against genetic girls, after puberty cannot ever be justified without blatantly violating the laws of biology, science and common sense. 

This isn't even about opinions. It's as authentic/true as the laws of gravity, photosynthesis or any other law in nature. 

By TimNew - May 3, 2021, 7:04 a.m.
Like Reply

Interesting though not surprising since she is a Republican:

So you are saying republicans have cornered the market on commonm sense?

I kind ike the saying "I don't think you should pay your own way because I am a conservative,  I think you should pay your own way because I'm an adult. "  

MM is right.  That this is even a debate shows how messed up thing have become.

By bear - May 5, 2021, 1:29 a.m.
Like Reply

i have no problem with just leaving it up to the local school.   

at our local school we had a girl who was on the boys wrestling team.  she was short, petite, cute, agile, and was very good.  she beat most the guys.  

the school decided she was allowed to wrestle.  none of the competing teams protested against it.  

i would think that the guys would be hesitant about where they are placing their hands while wrestling against a girl. 

By metmike - May 5, 2021, 2:27 a.m.
Like Reply

That's a tricky one bear but I would be for it because it's not giving an unfair physical  advantage to the side that you are making an exception for.

I get that some boys might not be able to make the same contact with a female because it might violate their preconceived notion of whats acceptable contact with girls that you aren't making out with but possibly, their coach and others would get them to overlook that before they go into battle with her.

On the other side, maybe they would be extra motivated to defeat a female opponent because it would be embarrassing to lose to a girl in a sport like wrestling. 

I have to give the girl some credit for having the guts to compete in a sport where she is very disadvantaged in and there is likely no girls wrestling team option for her. 

If she can do it physically, I am not against it,  although there are a few different reasons for this to cause problems, one that you just mentioned.

By bear - May 5, 2021, 3:18 p.m.
Like Reply

this is a sport where there is NO girls wrestling team.   so if she wants to wrestle, then the school should let her be on the boys team.

the big controversy would be in something where you have both a girls team and a boys team.  and a trans guy wants to be on the girls team. 

i can understand the school telling a guy that he must play on the boys baseball team, and cannot play on the girls softball team.  

and i can understand the girls saying that they feel uncomfortable about a boy using the girls locker room during a sporting event.  

By metmike - May 5, 2021, 6:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes, obviously she won’t be using the same locker room. This might be a slight inconvenience for the school is they have to open up and have the girls locker room available just for her, which is no big deal.

No doubt this would be controversial and the school could catch flack and get applauded by different groups of people.

They could welcome the media attention or detest it.

The coach might really dislike this as he is trying to get his team mentally focused and disciplined .....while there is a 3 ring circus of attention that detracts from that. ....so many different elements as to make it impossible to guess from an uninformed view, like we are.

Maybe they like the attention or it helps the program from people that appreciate them allowing it?

I think an even trickier situation could be a genetic boy, who is now a girl competing in boys wrestling. 

They clearly will be treated like the girl in the above situation as far as the locker room.

Speaking of which......and I’m saying this out of not much research...the issue of locker rooms has to be the most sensitive of all with people who change sexes.

A genetic boy turned girl in the girls locker room or genetic girl turned boyin the boys locker room might cause more than a bit of discomfort for some people.

I played 3 sports for numerous years and you get used to being naked around a couple dozen guys who are also stark naked and not bashful in the locker/shower room. 

No way somebody like this is going to just fit in like one of the other naked guys or naked girls, regardless of the physical appearance. Some will still feel like, when they are naked, that it’s a person of the opposite so surrounded by naked people not like them.

You can hide your stuff with clothes but not when naked. So if this person never gets naked for that reason, then this also makes them different in the locker room with people that all get naked and shower.

There are bound to be some that don’t feel comfortable Being naked around a person like this. 

I’m ignorant on this but will geuss that it will show that they often opt out of locker room settings when possible to avoid the above situation.