Quote of the day-May 2021-Happy Mothers Day!
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 3, 2021, 7:21 p.m.
Comments
By metmike - May 3, 2021, 7:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Let's start out with one of my favorites:

20 Of The Most Powerful Quotes by The Exceptional Martin Luther King, Jr

By metmike - May 5, 2021, 1:15 a.m.
Like Reply

The real problem is over consumption of fancy "stuff" that we really don't need. metmike

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68901/

By metmike - May 6, 2021, 2:34 a.m.
Like Reply

Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise. ~ Sigmund Freud

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud

By metmike - May 7, 2021, 12:41 a.m.
Like Reply

“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein

Love encompasses a range of strong and positive emotional and mental states, from the most sublime virtue or good habit, the deepest interpersonal affection, to the simplest pleasure.[1][2] An example of this range of meanings is that the love of a mother differs from the love of a spouse, which differs from the love of food. Most commonly, love refers to a feeling of strong attraction and emotional attachment.[3]

Love is considered to be both positive and negative, with its virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection, as "the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another" and its vice representing human moral flaw, akin to vanity, selfishness, amour-propre, and egotism, as potentially leading people into a type of mania, obsessiveness or codependency.[4][5] It may also describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals.[6] In its various forms, love acts as a major facilitator of interpersonal relationships and, owing to its central psychological importance, is one of the most common themes in the creative arts.[7] Love has been postulated to be a function that keeps human beings together against menaces and to facilitate the continuation of the species.[8]

Ancient Greek philosophers identified six forms of love: essentially, familial love (in Greek, Storge), friendly love or platonic love (Philia), romantic love (Eros), self-love (Philautia), guest love (Xenia) and divine love (Agape). Modern authors have distinguished further varieties of love: unrequited love, empty love, companionate love, consummate love, infatuated love, self-love, and courtly love

By metmike - May 8, 2021, 1:31 a.m.
Like Reply

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit. - Harry S Truman

By metmike - May 9, 2021, 1:40 a.m.
Like Reply
  • “My mother is a walking miracle.” —Leonardo DiCaprio
  • “A mother understands what a child does not say.” —Jewish proverb
  • “The world needs our mothers.” —Liya Kebede
  • “A mother’s hug lasts long after she lets go.” —Unknown
  • “There is nothing as sincere as a mother’s kiss.” —Saleem Sharma
  • “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” —George Eliot
  • “A mother is always the beginning. She is how things begin.” —Unknown
  • “We are born of love; love is our mother.” —Rumi
  • “Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind.” —Kahil Gibran
  • “There is no influence so powerful as that of the mother.” —Sara Josepha Hale
  • “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” —Princess Diana
  • “All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” —Abraham Lincoln
  • “A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place.” —Amy Tan
  • “Mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” —Emily Dickinson
  • “A mother’s love is more beautiful than any fresh flower.” —Debasish Mridha

• “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” —Unknown
  • “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” —Erich Fromm
  • “Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs since the payment is pure love.” —Mildred B. Vermont
  • “When you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Mitch Albom
  • “There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.” —Jill Churchill
  • “Mothers can look through a child’s eyes and see tomorrow.” —Reed Markham
  • “Mother—that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.” —T. Dewitt Talmage
  • “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” —Michael Jordan
  • “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had.” —Linda Wooten
  • “Mothers possess a power beyond that of a king on his throne.” —Mabel Hale
  • “No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.” —Edwin Chapin