Thank you Liz Cheney & Mitt Romney
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - May 4, 2021, 1:13 a.m.

Thank you, Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney, for standing up for our democracy and going against the GOP nuts promoting the Big Lie about the 2020 election. They are courageous and good people. The continued promotion of the Big Lie is a clear and present danger to the kind of govt that the US has had from its inception.

Comments
By 7475 - May 4, 2021, 6:49 a.m.
Like Reply

Its not the " Big Lie" that is objected.

Its the underhanded control of the "mass medias" and education systems being used to manipulate (not a strong enough word) the unsuspecting and vulnerable. This is much more than a common marketing ploy.

And ,yep ,they are skilled.

John

By metmike - May 4, 2021, 2:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Whose ‘Big Lie’? Trump’s proclamation a new GOP litmus test

https://apnews.com/article/politics-campaign-2016-election-2020-government-and-politics-f3428d42d4d3fdfe59c560b6fadbbc70

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump and his supporters are intensifying efforts to shame — and potentially remove — members of their party who are seen as disloyal to the former president and his false claims that last year’s election was stolen from him.

metmike: With high confidence, I believe that if Trump doesn't go away soon, this will spell the end of the Republican party. The dems already got control of the power, thanks to him and are using it to impose their agenda WITH IMPUNITY and to obtain additional power. 

On the other side, instead of regrouping and uniting, Trump is destroying his own party and doing more damage to them and this country than any politician has done to this country in history.........by a wide margin. His diabolical Biden steal scheme is deserving of a long prison sentence. People that still believe it are the exact reason. It WAS the most secure election in history by every legit measure. Authentic Facts are facts. Theories and speculations and false allegations  and fake news have come up empty many dozens of times in a row. All it did was convince people that want to believe...........that if there are all these theories, speculation, allegations and news about all this fraud by their favorite news sources........THEN IT MUST BE TRUE!

That is EXACTLY what Trump intended to do, which is what makes him so diabolical.

People that are embracing this man, after he did that are getting into bed with the devil. No amount of good for America agenda is worth defending such an evil, proven (by every authentic/objective  standard) dishonest person.

By metmike - May 4, 2021, 2:53 p.m.
Like Reply

The thing that many republicans are overlooking.

John is very correct about legit objections  to much of the agenda of the left. But to fight because of those objections, those  involving their corruption and dishonesty...which I post constantly here (ala the fake climate crisis/Green New Deal/Climate Accord/Southern Border/Cops and so on) absolutely cannot be fought by embracing the most corrupt and dishonest person to do it.

This is being hypocritical. 

However, too many republicans see the Biden steal as Trump getting messed over instead of what it really was..........Trump, stealing their intelligence and taking advantage of their loyalty to USE THEM for his political agenda. 

If you want to fight the manipulating entities, then, to be true to your cause, you must fight the biggest manipulator of all........Donald Trump.

If I had Larry's brain/heart, I would hate Trump's guts for this and its no wonder that so many people do.

Instead, I try to have MLK's brain and don't hate anybody. Even diabolical people.

But I can objectively inform and warn my friends that don't see this because I care about them...........and for no other reason, other than for love, not hate.

By metmike - May 4, 2021, 6:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Gender politics hound GOP in Cheney drama

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/551791-gender-politics-hound-gop-in-cheney-drama?userid=565140

"The early jockeying comes amid a fresh push by McCarthy allies to oust Cheney from the leadership team. The daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, Liz Cheney easily beat back an effort by a small group of Trump loyalists in February to force her out after she led the charge to impeach the 45th president for egging on a mob of his supporters that carried out the violent Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

But in recent days and weeks, Cheney has continued to speak out against Trump, McCarthy and their allies, warning that their “big lie” that the 2020 election was rigged and stolen is “poisoning our democratic system.”

McCarthy and his allies have argued that Cheney, who is in charge of GOP messaging, has become too much of a distraction, highlighting divisions in the party and undermining their efforts to retake control of the House next year."

metmike: Amazing that so many Republics are totally obvious to the reality. The more Trump there is in the Republican party the more divisive it will be(because of what we know with absolute proof that he did)  and the more united the Democrats will be.

They need to have some sort of meeting behind closed doors and be given a reality check before they lose it for good. 

When that happens, they will be no checks and balances and things will go completely in one direction.

To be honest, it looks almost impossible to stop.

The fake climate crisis war was won by one side already with regards to being able to impose their agenda.............almost with impunity. The southern border immigration dispute looks like a lost cause as does several other issues.

The only chance that republicans have would be if the party united and came out in droves during the next mid term election to vote the dems out of control in both houses.

There is a near 0% chance of that happening under the current situation.

Republicans here, you know this is the truth. Please give me a scenario where Trump is backing candidates or candidates are still embracing Trump in 2 years like this that features the unification of the Republican party?

1. Used to be that the never Trumpers were almost all democrats. If the entire Republican party united(some holding their noses to vote) behind Trump, they could still beat the Democrats.

2. You now have a double digit number of Republican voters that are never Trumpers and see him as a traitor to this country's democracy for what he did. Sometimes, the hatred for a person can be even greater when they pretended to be your friend/ally and they used you and betrayed your values for their self serving interests. We expect our enemies to be that way but when it's "one of us" it can be even more powerful.

3. Trump still has an enormous number of people with captured minds unable to see what he actually did to them. Make no mistake. He did not hurt the democrats one bit, just the opposite...........he gave them a massive gift that keeps on giving here. He hurt the people that are the most loyal to him, even now the most but they can't see it.  Trump sees them as an opportunity to use them even more to pump up his ego and to continue to exert his influence in the Republican party. He knows its dividing the Republicans but he does not give a sheet. He loves the power. He is truly a psychopath.

Tim, Are you still convinced that Trump is going to fade away? I really want you to be right but what would cause this?

By metmike - May 4, 2021, 7:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Say hello.............again to the man on a mission to obliterate the Republican party. A true self serving psychopath that has captured the minds of tens of millions of good, patriotic Americans.

This is exactly what makes the worst psychopaths so dangerous. They are so dang convincing to so many people. In the modern age, Trump is using the communications platform technology to the max.

Trump Appears to Launch Communications Platform Months After Twitter Ban

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/trump-appears-to-launch-communications-platform-months-after-twitter-ban_3802447.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-05-04-3&mktids=7c9f0acdda7f117fe8c00b9060c8c341&est=eTksufW7Ep4YRCDu1XvqClzgTix6Pnshk2XHPZLDJDgPMtW4rwVttX8%2FwDysVQ%3D%3D

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday appeared to launch a new communications platform, coming several months after he was suspended from Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms.

The platform appears on Trump’s personal website. It includes social-media-like posts from the former president that can be shared to Facebook and Twitter.

It’s not clear whether the website will be developed into a full-fledged social media website. Currently, it’s not possible to create user accounts or reply to Trump’s posts, and Trump is the only poster.

“Heartwarming to read new polls on big-shot warmonger Liz Cheney of the great State of Wyoming,” reads Trump’s latest post. “She is so low that her only chance would be if vast numbers of people run against her which, hopefully, won’t happen. They never liked her much, but I say she’ll never run in a Wyoming election again!”

Following the Jan. 6 Capitol breach, Trump was suspended from Facebook and Twitter—with Twitter’s ban being indefinite. Facebook’s oversight board is slated to render a decision on Wednesday whether to allow the former commander-in-chief to return.

“The reaction to our decision shows the delicate balance private companies are being asked to strike,” said Nick Clegg, Facebook’s vice president of global affairs, said in a company blog post in January. “Some said that Facebook should have banned President Trump long ago, and that the violence on the Capitol was itself a product of social media; others that it was an unacceptable display of unaccountable corporate power over political speech,” he added.

In a video posted on Jan. 6, Trump called on protesters to “go home peacefully” and said that “we love you” and “you’re very special,” prompting concerns that he was speaking affectionately to the individuals who breached the Capitol, rather than the larger, more peaceful crowd who attended rallies at the time.

Since being de-platformed, Trump has relied on sending out emailed statements to issue endorsements and offer criticisms of certain politicians.

In March, a former Trump campaign advisor, Corey Lewandowski, said the former president will launch a social media website in three or four months.

“What we’ve seen from Big Tech and the cancel culture is if you don’t agree with their philosophy, they’re going to cancel you, and we’re going to have a platform where the president’s message of America First is going to be able to be put out to everybody and there’ll be an opportunity for other people to weigh in and communicate in a free format without fear of reprisal or being canceled,” he said in a Newsmax interview.

The Epoch Times has contacted Trump’s Save America PAC for comment.

By metmike - May 4, 2021, 7:45 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - May 4, 2021, 8:11 p.m.
Like Reply

'The Hare Psychopathy Checklist': The test that will tell you if someone is a sociopath

https://www.businessinsider.com/hare-psychopath-checklist-test-sociopath-2016-11

"The standard screening test for potential psychopaths is the Hare Psychopathy Checklist. In the test, a clinician interviews a potential sociopath and scores them on 20 criteria, such as "promiscuous sexual Behavior" or "impulsivity." On each criterion, the subject is ranked on a 3-point scale: (0 = item does not apply, 1 = item applies somewhat, 2 = item definitely applies). The scores are summed to create a rank of zero to 40. Anyone who scores 30 and above is probably a psycho."

metmike: This test was designed by the guy that authored most of the books that I read about it , so I feel that he is an elite authority.

The test score by itself is not designed to always irrefutably tell if a person is a psychopath. However, any person that gets a 20 or higher is at a very high potential for being a psychopath.

Somebody at just 20 for instance can have some extreme traits that make them as bad as a person that gets a 30. At 30, it's almost a no brainer that you are either a psychopath or have an extreme personality disorder which make you anti social and possibly dangerous.

I scored Donald Trump a very strong 28 on this scale. Strong meaning that some of his maximum score points in categories should be even higher....but the test doesn't allow for more than 2 points for each category.

It's actually not even close on diagnosing Trump as a psychopath.

His personality characteristics greatly exceed the threshold of what defines a psychopath.

Up until recently, I had decided to not make things worse by posting on this but his behavior is just getting so ridiculous. When will it end? Please go away Donald Trump and stop preying on millions of people. 

This is my purely scientific view, nothing personal based on being very fascinated by and studying this field for a number of years.

To be fair, I believe many politicians have some psychopathic traits. Pelosi, Schiff, Obama and both Clintons have some strong traits but are in a different/lower class than Trump who stands at the top in US political history.

Biden is NOT a psychopath. 

He has a few psychopath traits but maybe not more than the average politician. He seems to have enough goodness and empathy/caring  features to keep him  out of the psychopath's club.... in my opinion that is.

By metmike - May 4, 2021, 11:54 p.m.
Like Reply

This is an extremely fascinating topic.

Washington, D.C.: the Psychopath Capital of America

A new study ranks each state, plus D.C., by their psychopathic tendencies. The race for first? It isn’t even close.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/23/washington-dc-the-psychopath-capital-of-america-218892

Ryan Murphy, an economist at Southern Methodist University, recently published a working paper in which he ranked each of the states by the predominance of—there’s no nice way to put it—psychopaths. The winner? Washington in a walk. In fact, the capital scored higher on Murphy’s scale than the next two runners-up combined.

“I had previously written on politicians and psychopathy, but I had no expectation D.C. would stand out as much as it does,” Murphy wrote in an email.

When Murphy matched up the “constellation of disinhibition, boldness and meanness” that marks psychopathy with a previously existing map of the states’ predominant personality traits, he found that dense, coastal areas scored highest by far—with Washington dominant among them. “The District of Columbia is measured to be far more psychopathic than any individual state in the country,” Murphy writes in the paper. The runner-up, Connecticut, registered only 1.89 on Murphy’s scale, compared with the overwhelming 3.48 clocked by the District.

What’s going on? There’s one big structural reason: There tend to be more psychopathic personalities in denser areas, and the District of Columbia is denser than even the densest state, so it makes sense that it would top the list. But even when you correct the rankings for density, Murphy says, Washington still ranks first.

This, Murphy hypothesizes, is because psychopaths are attracted to the kinds of jobs Washington offers—jobs that reward raw ambition, a relentless single-mindedness and, let’s admit it, the willingness to step over a few bodies along the way."

metmike: This includes the unelected bureaucrats in the FBI, CIA and justice department, like Robert Mueller and his gang. Jobs like that attracts psychopaths..

This is exactly like what Mueller did for 3 years!

More Mueller corruption!       

Started by metmike - Sept. 11, 2020, 6:44 p.m.        

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/59031/

Re: Re: Pardon for Michael Flynn            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/61735/#61805

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60589/#60599

Reviewing Muellers corruption with facts:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/55925/#55961

By metmike - May 5, 2021, 12:20 a.m.
Like Reply

Note below that 2 out of the `10 top psychopath jobs are those that deliver our news. However, this is just one person's (considered an authority) subjective opinion. How chef's and surgeons got on the list doesn't make sense to me..................especially because doctors and nurses are on the list of professions LEAST likely to be psychopaths!

10 jobs that attract the most and the least psychopaths

https://jobmarketmonitor.com/2012/11/08/10-jobs-that-attract-the-most-and-the-least-psychopaths/

Top jobs for psychopaths:

1. CEO

2. Lawyer

3. Media (TV/radio)

4. Salesperson

5. Surgeon

6. Journalist

7. Police officer

8. Clergyperson

9. Chef

10. Civil servant

On the other hand, psychopaths are likely to steer clear of professions that require empathy, human interaction and feelings.

Least likely professions for psychopaths:

1. Care aide

2. Nurse

3. Therapist

4. Craftsperson

5. Beautician/Stylist

6. Charity worker

7. Teacher

8. Creative artist

9. Doctor

10. Accountant…

By metmike - May 6, 2021, 10:57 p.m.
Like Reply

McConnell amid Trump criticism: 'I'm looking forward, not backward'

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/552238-mcconnell-amid-trump-criticism-im-looking-forward-not-backward

Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) sidestepped questions on Thursday about recent criticism from former President Trump, saying he was focused on the Biden administration.  

"I'm focused entirely on the present and the future not the past. ... My view at the moment is we need to turn this administration into a moderate administration," McConnell told reporters at a stop in Kentucky, asked if Trump's criticism was a distraction from the infrastructure debate. 

Asked at a second event on Thursday about Trump's criticism of him and Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), as well as if he thought Cheney should stay in House leadership, McConnell took a similar stance. 

"What I'm focusing on in this new administration. I'm looking forward not backward and unifying my troops in the Senate around reacting to where we are today and going forward," McConnell said. 

The back-to-back questions underscore how even though the Senate is out of town for the week, and McConnell is using the stops to talk up his opposition to the Biden administration's $4 trillion spending plan, he hasn't been able to escape the long shadow of Trump and the GOP's infighting. 

He also faced questions Wednesday about if he thought Cheney should remain in leadership and if he had concerns that a sizable portion of GOP voters have said they believe Trump's false claim that the election was "stolen."  

"One hundred percent of my focus is on standing up to this administration," McConnell said on Wednesday

It's a shift from when McConnell defended Cheney during an unsuccessful attempt in early February to oust her from the House No. 3 leadership spot after she became one of 10 House Republicans to vote to impeach Trump. 

McConnell voted to acquit Trump during the subsequent impeachment trial before offering withering criticism of him from the Senate floor as "morally responsible" for the attack on Jan. 6, when a mob of his supporters breached the Capitol.  

But since then McConnell has largely avoided talking directly about Trump as Republicans try to avoid a civil war with the former president and his allies in 2022, when they want to win back the majority. 

Trump, however, has continued to lash out at McConnell, including in a statement this week where he called the Senate GOP leader "gutless and clueless" in addition to blasting Cheney and former Vice President Mike Pence.

McConnell similarly brushed off Trump's criticism last week during a Fox News interview, after Trump told Fox Business’s Maria Bartiromo that he expects GOP candidates to do very well in 2022 but said the party needs new leadership in the Senate.

“I think we’re going to do very well. We need good leadership. Mitch McConnell has not done a great job, I think they should change Mitch McConnell,” Trump said during the interview Thursday morning. 

McConnell told Fox News that he would support the GOP presidential nominee in 2024, even if it was Trump, but that he was focused for now on moving the party forward.  

"Well look, we're looking to the future, not the past. And if you want to see the future of the Republican Party watch Tim Scott's response to President Biden last night," McConnell said during a Fox News interview last week