Prince Charming kissing Snow White is unnacceptable unwanted sexual advance.
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - May 6, 2021, 11:48 a.m.

This is really a thing. I thought it must be a joke,  or someones mistaken interpretation, but tehre are really people who think this way.   What is the limit?   How far can this go? It would be funny as hell if it weren't so scarey.

Disneyland's Snow White ride faces backlash over Prince Charming's kiss USA Times of News

"

Disneyland’s revamped Snow White ride is facing backlash over Snow White and Prince Charming’s kiss while she’s asleep.

The classic Disney story goes like this: Snow White is poisoned by an evil queen and falls into a comatose state. That is, until Prince Charming’s “true love’s kiss” breaks the spell, and they live happily ever after. 

SFGATE’s managing editor, Katie Dowd, and reporter, Julie Tremaine wrote an article explaining while the ride itself is “really good,” the famous kiss is problematic.

Dowd and Tremaine argue Prince Charming is shown kissing Snow White without her consent and it “cannot possibly” be true love. 

“It’s hard to understand why the Disneyland of 2021 would choose to add a scene with such old fashioned ideas of what a man is allowed to do to a woman,” Dowd and Tremaine wrote in the article.

Comments
By GunterK - May 6, 2021, 12:20 p.m.
Like Reply

well, of course. Those kind of stories need to be taken away from our children.

We have much more appropriate stories now.

https://www.dragqueenstoryhour.org/

( sarcasm intended)

By TimNew - May 6, 2021, 12:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Ya know Gunter..  I keep trying to tell myself that this must have been what my grandparents went through when the Beatles showed up..   But I really can't quite get there. To the point where that makes sense.

By metmike - May 8, 2021, 1:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks!

Amazing that some people would be bothered by their children being exposed to this.... a fairy tale kiss that saves a life and  isn't abuse......but thinking that its just great that they play extremely violent video games for hours every day.

I'm not against violent video games, my kids played them and they never got aggressive but exposure to that sort of pretend land video stuff would seem to display 100 times more unacceptable behavior than 1 life saving kiss to somebody you love when they were sleeping.

Discussions like these below are very 2 sided but make sense to have based on the realm and severity of the topic. However a discussion over the Prince Charming kiss? There's 1,000 more important things going on in the world to talk seriously about for people that are concerned for their children. 

Violent video games and young people

Experts are divided about the potential harm, but agree on some steps parents can take to protect children.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/violent-video-games-and-young-people.

Study Finds No Evidence That More Violent, Difficult Video Games Spur Aggression

Some of the most popular video games feature violence of some kind — psychological scientists are investigating whether violent in-game behavior actually impacts real-world behavior.

https://www.psychologicalscience.org/topics/video-games-and-violence

By bear - May 8, 2021, 5:08 p.m.
Like Reply

lets be honest.  we all know what most women are thinking.  it all depends on how handsome prince charming is...

if prince charming is george clooney,   then my wife would be more than happy to have him kiss her and wake her up.  he does not need to ask for consent first.  but her husband would need consent first.  

By metmike - May 8, 2021, 5:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Good one bear!

By 7475 - May 9, 2021, 7:26 a.m.
Like Reply

bear-

I see now that you are indeed a high risk player.

If your post somehow circled back........ nice knowing ya !!!

Heeeeeeee Haw

By TimNew - May 9, 2021, 8:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Yeah.  Bear could surely be "cancelled" for that statement.

By metmike - May 9, 2021, 3:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Disneyland’s Snow White ride under fire over Prince Charming’s ‘non-consensual’ kiss

https://wgntv.com/news/disneylands-snow-white-ride-under-fire-over-prince-charmings-non-consensual-kiss/

Some good comments at this link to the silly topic/article.

By jmk - May 9, 2021, 3:18 p.m.
Like Reply

You know we all laugh at this crap but this is what your kid is being taught in schools and colleges. Next time you are thinking of paying out $ 30,000 for your kid to get taught this junk you might think twice. I have always thought we had better start paying more attention to who you elect to local school boards and city offfices than  most people do.

Because you can bet thats where the people that wrote this crap learned it.                                   

By WxFollower - May 10, 2021, 2:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Jim Acosta Calls Out Right-Wing Trump 'Cult' For Cancel Culture Hypocrisy (yahoo.com)

“But here’s the thing: The same far-right voices railing against cancel culture, they love to cancel, silence, harass and banish anyone who won’t pucker up and show some love to Donald Trump’s Big Lie about the 2020 election.”

"He noted that House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) is cancelling Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) for criticizing Trump, and other Republicans are being censured and booed for doing the same."

----------------------------------

So, the old political double standard strikes again! And by the way, McCarthy is such a tool as he has totally flipped vs when he said just after it occurred that Trump was guilty of encouraging the Capitol insurrection.

If the GOP keeps this crap up, there's no telling when or even if I ever vote GOP again for POTUS!! This is after voting for them 8 times in a row though Romney! I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump either time. But now it is much worse. I can't vote for a party whose central platform is based on flat out huge lies. This is not the party I became very comfy with back in the Reagan days. 

By metmike - May 10, 2021, 6:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Before  his loss to Biden, Trump's psychopathy  was already featuring some horrible character traits but had been balanced to some extent with numerous positives......which made him so attractive to, especially republicans.

However, after the loss, this affliction..... completely took over and like most psychopaths, his ego would not allow him to accept this reality..............so he created one in which the election was stolen from him and sold it to tens of millions of people that trusted him.....totally using them for self serving interests. Totally making up scenarios that did not happen. Making many dozens of false allegations. Ignoring all the investigations, recounts and legal decisions that all went against him.

Some of the worlds most famous psychopaths had the ability, like him........because of their charisma to captivate and draw in unsuspecting people..........draw them into their trap that is.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68888/#68914

The trap in this case is believing that the election was stolen and even, if not believing that entirely, being so memorized by his charisma as to be blind to what a liar and fraud he is and willing to sacrifice everybody and anybody, including his country to get what he wanted...........power.

He couldn't fathom losing power and that's why he will never go away.

The sad thing is that because tens of millions of his loyal flock will never leave his side, many politicians, are showing their true colors.

They will sell their souls to the devil if it means the devil will get them elected and/or has political clout in their party.

Both parties do it of course. 

The saddest thing for the republicans is that people who embrace Trump, not only are selling their souls to the most diabolical political figure in history, don't you believe for a minute that any of them really think that Biden stole the election...........they like that narrative to be out there because it's good for the republican party to convince them to be fired up against Biden so it generates more support.....just like the dems used it 4 years ago...........very effectively.

But the worst part is not even that almost every democrat went from never Trump to never anybody that continues to support Trump.

The worst part is that many libertarians and republicans are now........like Larry and metmike for instance......never anybody that supports Trump.

Trump has become the democrats gift that keeps on giving. He united them enough so that they voted one of their weakest candidates in history into the White House...for the sole reason of him NOT being Donald Trump, which was Bidens greatest asset.

And that was before he did the most despicable,  diabolical thing to our country and our people that a US president has done in history. 

He is extremely toxic but is using his power to obliterate candidates that have spoken out against him. 

Even his loyal VP, Mike Pence, a good man that supported every iota of his agenda for 4 years and never said an unkind word about Trump is getting viciously attacked by Trump.......who blames Pence for not falling in line with his fraudulent Biden steal narrative. Holy Cow! 

That 1 fact by itself speaks volumes about Trump. But there's 1,000 times more bad stuff.

BTW, my objective analysis finding that Donald Trump is a psychopath has zero to do with politics. How could it since I agree with more of his agenda than I disagree with. 

It's from a purely scientific view as a scientist, that may not be a psychiatrist/authority  on it but studied it with fascination for several years a decade ago.

Unlike Larry and many others, I don't hate Trump. Doing so would only damage me and also be totally against what I preach here. 

But the man needs to somehow go away because there is no longer anything positive that he can contribute to anybody. He will only unite the democrats even more and divide the republicans even more than he has already by sticking around.

By joj - May 10, 2021, 7:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Asking for consent in the year 2021:  (Larry David is a genius).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDrymMvc31k

By metmike - May 10, 2021, 8:52 p.m.
Like Reply

That was hilarious Joj!!!

Thanks.....good to read you here.