our new government
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - May 29, 2021, 9:11 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwB5SirsZUk   so just take a few seconds and watch and listen to our new government employees and just how much they care. just how honest and forthright they answer simple questions,  Just how deceptive, dishonest, coy, arrogant and realize America has a real mess to clean up

Comments
By metmike - May 29, 2021, 9:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Hilarious mcfarm!

I agree with you on this administration blowing smoke up our arse's when it comes to the pandemic/Covid and the southern border.

Biden asks for pandemic information in 90 days            

Started by wglassfo - May 27, 2021, 4:12 p.m.       

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/70087/

By mcfarm - May 30, 2021, 7:43 a.m.
Like Reply

you cannot be honest with yourself if you stop there MM.  You must look at the entire susan rice, Bernie sanders agenda and honestly look what it has done to America in just a few  short months. The entire agenda is a train wreck and you know it.

By WxFollower - May 30, 2021, 10:43 a.m.
Like Reply

I agree he’s done quite poorly with the MX border. And he did say some things he shouldn’t have said regarding Covid. But he’s also done some good things, including just recently how he treated Israel despite pressure from many in his own party to not support Israel. Also, he doesn’t treat the other side like an enemy like his predecessor did. He is the calm the US has badly needed. Finally, the economy is doing pretty good with the continuation of a very nice recovery from Covid. I mean look at how high are equities and home prices, overall. They wouldn’t be this high if our economy were about to falter and are helping many middle class folks’ net worth tremendously.

By TimNew - May 30, 2021, 11:54 a.m.
Like Reply

We still have momentum from the economy fomented by the actions of the previous admin.

House prices are high because of scarcity, the price of lumber and lack of labor are not small contributors. 

Don't cheer Biden's eco-policy just yet. He hasn't had time to complete the job he started and it will not bode well.  Increased taxes and truckloads of free money can act as a real drag.  Throw in some useless and expensive regulations  for good measure.

Our only hope is that the midterms next year hold to past trends.

By metmike - May 30, 2021, 12:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes, Biden is far less divisive and has MUCH more character than Trump and it's clear that his policies are designed to help the poor.........and many of them will do that. 

I think we live in a world where one side will see almost everything he does as the glass completely full and the other side sees it as almost empty. 

I know that Larry is pretty unique in being able to see objective realities(especially since Trump is gone) and will pick and choose good/bad based on those realities...........not based on a party affiliation.

But everyone's opinion is always welcome here and we can still learn things from people who take the one sided view as long as it's rooted in facts and even if we aren't learning something new from them every time in the political arena, we are all sharing sincere views and understanding where opinions are coming from. 

By WxFollower - May 30, 2021, 12:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Isn’t the scarcity of lumber somewhat caused by increased construction and renovations caused by the strong housing market? 

Mike,

Thanks for acknowledging my effort to not be dominated by party in these discussions. I think you are similar.

By mcfarm - May 30, 2021, 12:52 p.m.
Like Reply

help the poor? Come on Mm, just who gets hurt by fuel prices being raised with foolish pipeline decisions, who gets hurt when exactly 1 year ago nearly every able bodied individual that wanted to work was working, who is being hurt when that entirely false statement of "anyone making under 400,000 dollars will not pay 1 penny of tax.....face it we have some pent up demand right now that will help but most every other problem we are facing is a manmade hill to overcome. Communists like Rice and Sanders have one thing in mind much like the dems of the last 50 years, keeping the poor, esp the poor minorities in line.

By metmike - May 30, 2021, 1:49 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

I agree 1,000% on the catastrophically bad energy policies of this administration.

Cheap, reliable and abundant energy is the life blood of the economy of every developed country.

Biden is on a mission to completely flip our self reliant, very positive energy situation to one that is destined to be ruinous based a fairy tale Green New Deal with magic green fairy dust to provide most of the energy that  environmentally destructive solar and wind can't possible furnish. 

Carbon taxes and penalties  will soon be imposed on all forms of fossil fuels and they intentionally want fossil fuels to get very expensive so that people can't afford them....to cut demand.

This is an economy killer. Every business relies on transportation of goods and the cost of transportation is greatly tied to the price of fossil fuels.

Every product in the grocery store has transportation costs added to it. 

This is no theory, it's a reality. When the price of gas goes to $5, double what it was earlier this year, transportation costs will soar. Filling up your gas tank will go from $35  to $75. Your heating/cooling bills could also double in the next few years.

The saddest part about it, is some yahoo scientist in S.Indiana can know this with almost absolute certainty based on the laws of physics,  energy and economics and this administration, either is totally oblivious or wants that to happen.

By metmike - May 30, 2021, 1:57 p.m.
Like Reply

And you are absolutely right about who this will hurt the most.

The millionaire doesn't care if he had to pay an extra $50/week for gas in his fancy car.

Or pay 50% more for his food at the grocery store or 50% more for his gas/ac/electric bills.

This can potentially crush the family living from paycheck to paycheck.

Yes, it's wonderful that he's boosting the minimum wage but if inflation and costs are going up even faster, poor people are getting hurt the most.......potentially more than the benefits from increasing the minimum wage.

By WxFollower - May 30, 2021, 2:47 p.m.
Like Reply

A lot of the price rise in gasoline is because people are driving a lot more now that Covid is letting up. Biden’s energy policy, whereas it probably is encouraging more speculative longs for the longer term, is far from being the only factor. The demand is so much higher than one year ago. Right wingers are looking at the rise over the last 12 months and are falsely giving the bulk of the blame to Biden.

By metmike - May 30, 2021, 3:33 p.m.
Like Reply

This is true Larry and the republicans are being unfair to use current higher gas prices against Biden.

My position is based on what will happen in several years, after the Biden imposed agenda has time to fully impact prices using their  energy model.

By TimNew - May 31, 2021, 7:24 a.m.
Like Reply

Isn’t the scarcity of lumber somewhat caused by increased construction and renovations caused by the strong housing market?

I believe you were making the point that housing prices were indicative of a strong economy.  BTW,  Housing starts are no where near historically high levels.

As far as price of gas,   is demand higher than it was 2 years ago?  Because the price of gas is certainly much higher than it was 2 years ago.