our once great FBI
1 response | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - June 15, 2021, 9:12 p.m.

seems to be at "it" again....some big story coming on the FBI and what it did and did not do on Jan 6th.....seems to be a very ugly episode ........AGAIN....congrats again Obama and Biden for completely politically poisoning an organization that we needed desperately the last few years and they have failed us at every turn.

Comments
By GunterK - June 16, 2021, 1:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi mcfarm,

I think I know what you are talking about.

Your post is the shortest post that ever made me think and contemplate… and in the end make me scared.

For many years I have considered the FBI to be the supreme agency of law and order.

The police were here to protect us on a local level. But the FBI would go after the bad guys on a federal level. And they would “always get their man” (as they say in Canada)

All this seems to have changed. We just went through 2½ years of Russia investigation, in which the FBI was an integral part, and in which they allegedly knew from the beginning that they had no evidence…. In other words, a political witch hunt.

And now, we just went through a year-long “insurrection” in our cities (started by George Floyd’s death) which was ignored, and another “insurrection” on Jan 6, for which the participants are treated quite differently (sure, some of them should be punished, but the majority of them did no harm, but they are now “terrorists”).

All this reminds me of the Stasi in East Germany, many years ago.

The Stasi was the most successful “secret police” that ever existed (as it says on Wikipedia). They hunted down anyone who spoke badly of the government, and made them disappear.

And this is scary.

The internet gave us the freedom to express our likes and dislikes, without consequences. If a poster would say something bad about the government, no harm would come to him.

Other posters of different opinions would argue with him, and that was the end of it. The political party or party official he criticized would not pay any attention to him. And the CIA operates on another level to be concerned about him.

But now, if the FBI is becoming  the modern Stasi, they will monitor forums, they will hunt him down.

It is a reminder for everyone to be careful.