In Detroit helping Dad this week
9 responses | 1 like
Started by metmike - July 5, 2021, 12:18 p.m.

My 95 year old Dad is having some colon issues and is in the hospital and so I won't be on the internet or posting as much this week.

Comments
By qsteak - July 6, 2021, 10:36 a.m.
Like Reply

Best wishes for your dad having a speedy recovery.

By Jim_M - July 6, 2021, 11:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Hope everything goes well!  

By metmike - July 6, 2021, 1:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much!

He’s going to be ok....probably but is extremely weak right now.

By metmike - July 8, 2021, 10:12 a.m.
Like Reply

Dad was discharged from the hospital but is very weak and confused so I may stay another week to assist him. I have a sister coming is from North Dakota tonight but I may stay to assist her in assisting him. 

By metmike - July 11, 2021, 1:29 p.m.
Like Reply

I will be in Detroit for another week with Dad but will still be posting as much as possible.

Don't forget............this is a forum.  We greatly encourage everybody to post to contribute ideas and opinions and information.

Thanks!

By Jim_M - July 11, 2021, 8:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Did he have surgery?  Anesthesia can mess a person up for a couple days.  Especially the elderly.  It takes them a while to come out of that fog.

By metmike - July 11, 2021, 10:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Jim!

No surgery. Just getting extremely old without much reserve in the cerebral tank when he's tired or worn out.

He needs alot of help getting out of a wheelchair(he used a walker prior to this) to the bed or a chair. He wears diapers and needs those changed 3 times a day. 

There are dozens of other things that he needs that you and me can do ourselves or don't need. 

By bowyer - July 12, 2021, 2:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Your Dad is blessed to have you and your sister looking after him. Hope all goes well.

By metmike - July 12, 2021, 7:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks bowyer.