silver, 30 yr cycle
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by bear - Aug. 20, 2021, 4:54 p.m.

by any long term metric, the whole pm group is severely underpriced... but...

30 years ago, silver had a double bottom.  in 90-91, and again around 92-93.  

so, we had a low last year when it spiked down, and it would not surprise me if we get another low (double bottom) within the next year, or later this year.  (but not as low as last year).  

if silver is spiking down, then we should buy, buy, buy...

Comments
By bear - Aug. 20, 2021, 5:01 p.m.
Like Reply

the REAL price of silver... 

https://online.kitco.com/silver-bars?utm_source=kitco.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=submenu-buy-silver-bars&utm_campaign=2017-03-23_kitcoweb

if you want to sell, then maybe they might pay you a little under the spot price,  but if you want to buy, then silver is currently about 28 bucks per ounce.  (282 for a 10 oz bar).  plus shipping. 

By metmike - Aug. 20, 2021, 6:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks bear!

By hayman - Aug. 21, 2021, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

The number of trading posts fell to almost 1000 entries below the NTR value and evidently hit round number support and has bounced back with a flurry of trade related submissions, diatribes and rants. See!  Tech analysis can be applied to most anything.  Well, I'm jumping long on this Trading Topic burgeoning bull market with a zany contribution, hopping a ride on one of bear's ever erudite threads on metals, in this case silver.  As a fan of trendines, gaps and inflection points, pivots, I hereby submit a freshly brewed concoction of intersecting oddities.  Seems that precious metals are teasing at support fundament that is worthy of accumulation if indeed the overall uptrend continues.  Yet, the risk looms that further shakeout could render this thinking premature and afford other scenarios.  Then end of precious metal bull market, in favor of crypto?  Hard to believe.  Seems room for both.  Base metals, scrap steel real strong still.  And with thousands of crypto variants... Take care, ALL~!~

By bear - Aug. 23, 2021, 1:09 p.m.
Like Reply

i think silver is grossly underpriced.  but.. it would not surprise me to see it spike lower again (like it did last year), before going higher again.  

i expect silver to be higher in a few years.  (but still not passing 50).