Big brother is watching
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by MarkB - Sept. 21, 2021, 11:33 p.m.

Never before, have I ever been detered from posting on MF. But these days, I find that there are certain posts that I seem to not be able to respond to. Most of them having to do with subjects that might be politically sensitive. 

Comments
By metmike - Sept. 21, 2021, 11:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Wrong-a-roo Mark.

I haven't censored a post here in well over 2 years. You are referring to the isolated,  one time issue that I explained earlier and copied the entire post from joj that was blocking responses for some unexplained snafu with a new thread for you and others to respond away to.

Sorry for the confusion. If you are having another issue outside of that, please let me know but I tested the other threads and they are working fine.

This same issue has happened around 10-12 times in the last 3.5 years and each time I started a new thread.

Half of the incidents were metmike posts, so nobody knows it happened because  I just start a new thread.

When its joj(this time) or mcfarm(that it happened to once before), I just copy their same post at the top of the new thread....so nothing is lost and nobody is blocked from anything.

Actually, I don't know of a function that would allow me to block everybody from posting comments to a particular thread. 

I have the choice of deleting the post forever or keeping it. If it's kept, then there everybody is free to comment, outside of this odd anomaly. 

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say Mark. It must have been frustrating to type up some good thoughts and be  unable to post it when you hit the submit button. Sorry that happened. Hopefully they are still in your head if they weren't saved elsewhere.

Debt/Ceiling stocks joj respond to this thread please-2            

3 responses |          

Started by metmike - Sept. 21, 2021, 8:33 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75215/

By MarkB - Sept. 22, 2021, 12:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Metmike.

You will notice that I didn't blame you. I would not take that stance, as I feel that you are an honest man. And convey that honesty in the conduction of this forum.

But I reitterate, that never before, have posts come up, that the forum members could not respond to. This is not the only site or forum that has had this problem recently.