Where would you invest an unexpected 50,000
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Oct. 1, 2021, 8:18 p.m.

I keep telling my wife the stk market is going to crash. Well it has a couple times but always comes back higher than before

My wife has a stk she paid 76.00 then 80 then 102 until the last purchase was 146.00.[All numbers best I can remember I think she might have 50 shares. Small time investment

Mean while i bought gold and silver

This is purely speculative but if you suddenly got a surprise 50,000 would you invest in some good stks or??

NG looks like it might deserve some attention

Comments
By TimNew - Oct. 1, 2021, 8:44 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm moving more and more to muni's.  Openheimer has some good ones,  but they are all over.  I'm getting about 4.3% tax free.   In this environment..   Pertty good.   

By Richard - Oct. 1, 2021, 9:32 p.m.
Like Reply

investing in muni's would be a disaster. Notes and bonds are going to crash and burn badly and it will happen much sooner than you realize. 

I would put it in a savings account till the stock market crashed and then invested in stocks at that point. Once the s&p gets below 1,800 you can start nibbling here and there. Think we can see 1,200 snp. Now if was me I would buy 1 oil futures contact. We will not see $25 oil and that is for sure. Not at this point.

By TimNew - Oct. 2, 2021, 5:13 a.m.
Like Reply

Ohhh,  but when we have another "Bank Holiday",  we'll get 10 cents on the dollar from savings!!!  Better put your cash in a  mattress.  :-)

Thanks Richard.  Off to buy more munis  ...