Republicans Shout Down Lindsey Graham for Pushing Vaccine
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Oct. 4, 2021, 2:34 p.m.

Republicans Shout Down Lindsey Graham for Pushing Vaccine

https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-shout-down-lindsey-graham-151807252.html

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) was booed by Republican activists Saturday after he suggested they should consider taking the coronavirus vaccine, making him the latest prominent Republican to face a backlash from the party’s grassroots over the vaccine.

Speaking at a county Republican event in Summerville, South Carolina, Graham said he had received the vaccine and encouraged audience members to take the vaccine as well.

“If you haven’t had the vaccine you ought to think about getting it because if you’re my age—” Graham said, before he was interrupted by boos and shouts of “No!” from the audience.

Eric Trump Signs Up to Hype Daddy’s Record at Anti-Vax Event

“I didn’t tell you to get it, you ought to think about it,” Graham continued, shrugging to the audience as they heckled him.

Graham cited statistics showing that the vast majority of coronavirus hospital patients in South Carolina are unvaccinated, only angering the audience more.

“Well, I’m glad I got it. Ninety-two percent of people in hospitals in South Carolina are unvaccinated,” before he was drowned out by shouts of “false!” and “not true!”

Graham said he opposed mandating the vaccine for members of military and health-care workers, but even that wouldn’t win over the audience of several dozen Republicans.

After a man who identified himself as a civilian employee of the Navy told Graham he would soon lose his job to the military’s vaccine mandate, Graham asked the audience if they had been vaccinated for measles.

“How many of you have taken measles shots?” Graham asked, prompting another series of boos and cries of “it’s not the same!”

Comments
By TimNew - Oct. 4, 2021, 2:56 p.m.
Like Reply

My wife and I got the vaccine.  We mask and use hand sanitizer whenever we go anywhere,

That being said,   I don't trust any of the data out there.  I have plenty of reasons to believe it is not accurately counted or reported.

I'll err on the side of caution, as I do whenever I am dealing with the unknown.   And Covid #'s are an unknown, IMO.

By mcfarm - Oct. 4, 2021, 4:11 p.m.
Like Reply

I also err on the side of caution when it comes to health. Whoever these people were yelling at Graham they should respect his opinion and his decision and they both should leave each other alone

By metmike - Oct. 4, 2021, 4:31 p.m.
Like Reply

I can agree with the part of not trusting some of the numbers, especially when there are reasons to be suspicious about the accuracy, however these numbers we get from the hospitals are almost spot on.

The nurses and doctors are NOT playing political games across the country and all conspiring simultaneously to jack up the COVID numbers and ICU numbers and lie about whether they are vaccinated or not and lie about whether they had COVID when they died.

Politics and money and power usually does play a role in many of the studies, which often contradict each other.

However, the real world empirical data in the US is telling us exactly what's going on. 

It's sort of like climate change in a way. We hear about all these theoretical bad things happening by the year 2100 and exaggerated versions of current weather to make things that happened before sound unprecedented. If you  believed it all, you would surely think we are killing the planet.

But then when you actually measure the planet you find:

1. It's massively greening up by all measures and producing 25% more food than a century ago ...........just from the benefits of climate change.

2. Seas are increasing just over an inch......per decade.

3. Polar bear numbers have increased 30% since 2005.

4. The Great Barrier Coral Reef has almost fully recovered in just a few years after we were told that climate change killed it.

5. Most of life is doing BETTER because of climate change, including humans.

That's the empirical data of the current FAKE climate crisis, which is really a climate optimum for most life.

Same thing is happening with the COVID vaccines. All this speculation and MISinformation but when you get down to it and look in the hospitals at who is REALLY sick, most of them are not vaccinated..........and thats the biggest reason they are there.

CO2 is a beneficial gas being targeted  with junk/bad science by one side that calls it pollution.

COVID vaccines are massively beneficial with only minor risks but are targeted with junk/bad science by one side that calls them dangerous and ineffective(claiming they kill more people than they save).

By a wide margin, climate change/CO2 is saving many more lives of humans and animals(just from the extra food) than its taking.

But its a the completely opposite political side applying the bad science for their self serving agenda in each case.