Mandates, Who cares?
1 response | 0 likes
Started by mikempt - Oct. 31, 2021, 12:31 p.m.

In 1998 I was recalled back into the Coast Guard Reserves because of staff shortages. 2001 the World Trade Centers were attacked and the U.S. was at war. Late in 2002 the armed services tried to mandate Anthrax shots. It was a series of seven shots. I refused to get the shots. My Commander informed me that if I refused, I would be seperated with a Dishonorable Discharge. I said" Who Cares?" He replied that this would be a stain on my record,could hinder future employment and so on. I said "Who Cares?" I told him  I am self employed, I am wealthy,I dont care for George Bush and his bogus war. The ironic part of this story is,he didnt get the shots either.  

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 31, 2021, 12:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Mike,

I remember that crazy anthrax shot idea. Wasn't even approved by the FDA. 

Did the Anthrax Vaccine Make Troops Ill?

https://www.hillandponton.com/anthrax-vaccine-make-troops-ill/

Service members received the standard series of vaccines that all U.S. citizens traveling to the Gulf needed to have. These vaccines included:

• Yellow fever
  • Typhoid
  • Cholera
  • Hepatitis B
  • Meningitis
  • Whooping cough
  • Polio
  • Tetanus

In addition to this series, about 150,000 troops received the anthrax vaccine and about 8,000 received the botulinum toxoid vaccine. 

Mandatory Anthrax Vaccine

Due to questions about the contents and safety of the vaccine; in October 2004, US District Court Judge Emmet G. Sullivan ruled that it was illegal for the federal government to mandate anthrax vaccinations

Judge Sullivan banned the Pentagon from forcing military personnel serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, South Korea, and part of Asia and Africa to get the anthrax shots without their prior consent. The military could not require the vaccine until the FDA approved it for the specific use of inhaled anthrax.