Go to the USA and become a millionaire
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Nov. 1, 2021, 4:46 p.m.

Scenario 1:

A female (single mother of 1 child) is in a desperate financial situation.  She is caught shoplifting. She is arrested, and will later be charged.  Depending on the circumstances and her history, she will be sentenced to some time in jail.

While all this is going on, her child will be given to a government child care agency or foster home, if no relatives exist to care of the kid.

Scenario 2:

A female and her child, also living in poverty, in a country south of the border, try to cross the US border illegally, in the middle of the night. While Trump was in power, the mother would be arrested and separated from her child.The child would be taken to a center prepared for children in such a situation.  After a long separation, the mother and child wold be reunited

The Biden administration now wants to give this mother and child $900,000

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10143519/Furious-Republicans-slam-Biden-plan-pay-450-000-person-families-separated-border.html

This is like a slap in the face to all immigrants who came to the US the legal way.

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 1, 2021, 6:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

This sounds impossible to be true.....but apparently it is.

And considering the insanity and incompetence of this administration with regards to the southern border crisis, its very plausible.

But this may not be all incompetence at all. There sure looks to be a lot of intentional motives for the current situation to be this way and persist.

They would rather look the other way and claim that fixing the rest of the world will stop people from wanting to come here because they will make things so great everywhere else that they won’t wanna leave.

Some of their other policies, especially the catastrophically damaging energy policy(so long energy independence/security and affordible energy and low prices for anything) are so bad that maybe they don’t have to make the other countries that much better.

Just turn the US into a sheet-hole country and then nobody will want to come here anymore (-:

OK, I was kidding and exaggerating but the energy policies are the worst in history by an atronomical margin and cheap, reliable and abundant fossil fuels have always been and will still be.....for at least 2 more decades, the life blood for most developed world economies. 

If you want to mess up our country the most and the fastest, do what Biden is doing to our fossil fuels.

By metmike - Nov. 1, 2021, 7:16 p.m.
Like Reply

I should also add that we should not be blaming those people. They are not much different with the frame of mind  of our ancestors coming here to look for a better place for them and their families. 

Don’t believe those that characterize these people as lazy or looking for handouts. 

The immigrants from Mexico and Central America that I know about or have actually known have a great work ethic.

My sister adopted 2 aids orphans from Kenya, who came from nothing as young adults and left her other 8 children in the dust when it came to working hard and appreciating.......everything.

When you come from nothing......you appreciate little things.

It’s the lazy Americans that are the real problem when it comes to work ethic.

Mike the plumber has told us a dozen times that his Mexicans work their arses off and the Americans are lazy.

I have described them as breaking in and technically, they are violating the law by crossing over or trying to sneak in, which makes us judge them.

But they are not trying to steal anything. They just want a small piece of something you and me think we are entitled to because we were lucky enough to be born here and tough crap for the billions of unlucky ones who were not.

And most of them are willing to work much harder for less than almost all Americans.....not steal anything or get anything for free.

So this story should not mislead us to think otherwise and to stereotype a bunch of hard working appreciative people.

I don’t know about you but if I was living like them, I sure would be motivated to do exactly what they are doing. 

This is actually a good thing. Look at the extreme risk they are taking to come here because they WANT to be Americans. They like our country and admire what we stand for.

They don’t come here to burn our flag or trash our past political leaders because they owned slaves.

Or believe that the US discriminatates systemically against minorities.

They ARE minorities and they are trying to do everything to GET IN!

So don’t blame them for doing what you and I might do.

Blame the ones that are not doing their jobs enforcing the rules that we MUST have to properly regulate who gets in. They are from OUR country.

Those Americans  are the ones letting us down

By cfdr - Nov. 2, 2021, 11:47 a.m.
Like Reply

Gunther, doesn't it make you wonder just what the motive is here?  Of course, it is to encourage others to risk their lives and safety to get here.  But it occurred to me a few days ago that since they were so thwarted in their plans for a real insurrection on Jan6, when it is becoming increasingly clear that the FBI was involved in instigating the breach, could it be that they mainly want to piss MAGA people off enough to finally get what they need ahead of the 2022 election?

They don't have anything else, do they?

Other than stealing another election - right?  (BG)

By metmike - Nov. 2, 2021, 11:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Always wonderful to read you here my good friend cattle feeder.

I guess that puts you in this group.

Election stolen from Trump            

Started by metmike - Nov. 2, 2021, 10:50 a.m.         

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/76955/

By cfdr - Nov. 2, 2021, 12:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Probably.  I would have to say that I believe that the election was stolen, but that I'm waiting for evidence to prove that or to disprove it.

However, I am under no illusion that the evidence will be allowed to be presented in an unbiased court.  So, I am not counting on having my beliefs either confirmed or shown to be wrong.

I have thought long and hard about this.  Very few people actually realize how powerful and numerous the forces are that wanted desperately to make sure Donald Trump did not get a second term.  They are still working very hard to prevent that from happening.  There are the most powerful people in the world, IMHO.  For the Great Reset to be implemented, Trump could not be allowed to remain in the WH.

History is mostly the record of one group of people trying to control other people.  Why should today be any different?  My wife is reading a book from Russia about 1917.  It is a day-by-day account of what was happening and what people who were there were thinking as the revolution progressed.  The similarities to today are striking.  People that were there at the time had no idea about what was coming.  A couple of years ago I read a recent translation of Plutarch's "Lives" about major characters in ancient Rome.  Again, the parallels were striking to what I see today.

Mike, I do have to say that I think you underestimate all of this.  In this particular case, it is the old line about not seeing the forest for the trees.

But, again, that is like saying I believe that the election was stolen.  And, again, I am under no illusion that evidence will be allowed to be presented publicly.  This is what I've called, for so many years, The Big Game.  It has been going on for a very very long time.  (Ecclesiastes 3 - they knew about the cycles way back then.) 

I hesitated to comment - or even to post - as it is easy to get sucked in again.  I don't have the energy to go through everything and try to prove what most likely cannot be proven at this time.  I realize that it could easily end up like the Russian Collusion "investigation" where we clearly saw that the premier law enforcement agency of the world was rotten to the core.  In fact, I guess that is what I expect at this time.