More Quackery
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Nov. 5, 2021, 8:41 p.m.

Greenbay Packers star QB Aaron Rodgers uses homeopathy as protection from Covid19.  All the science since this 200 year old pseudoscience has shown it to be garbage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

Even if he were right in his lame defense (and he is not), he still broke the NFL rules.  He uses "woke" as a pejorative to lash back at all the criticism.  No one said he had to get vaccinated.  Just that he had to follow NFL protocol if that was his choice.  

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 5, 2021, 9:15 p.m.
Like Reply

joj,

I have to honestly tell you that when I see a post by you on the NTR forum these days, I can't wait to open it.

I have always said in the past, posts that disagree with me were my favorites because it offered the potential for me or the other person to learn something(not so much anymore). 

Also in the past when you posted, I reminded you that we needed your opinions to offset the strong positions of the other side.........even though I often agreed with the other side......not you. 

Now,  when I read you................it feels like somebody throwing me a reality  life preserver (-:

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2021, 9:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Even though, on this, to be fair I agree with  some frowned upon, non vaccine treatments/supplements as potentially helping and being extremely low risk..........that should NEVER replace the proven vaccines.

But this statement by Rogers is very disturbing. Evidence of  twisting his ethics interpretation(like a pretzel)  to match his already decided  political decision ......instead of using objective ethics and science from the start to guide him with making the decision. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/aaron-rodgers-says-he-takes-ivermectin-claims-covid-vaccine-allergy-n1283363

"He invoked the memory of Martin Luther King Jr., claiming the slain civil rights leader would have agreed that he had a "moral obligation to object to unjust rules and rules that make no sense."

This takes it to a new level of absurdness. Using MLK to refuse to get vaccinated.

I bet Jesus would have been a democrat and one of the first in line to be vaccinated (-:  I'm totally joking!!!!!

We all know that he would have been able to kill the virus using a miracle (-:       totally joking again. 

I was going to make a joke about Hitler wanting to impose vaccine mandates but then, realize that actually the opposite of what he did and found this interesting article that makes some relevant points.

I am totally NOT trying to use Hitlers position on anything as an example to show anything good or bad but just thought it to be an interesting discussion since Rodgers decided to invoke MLK to support his anti vaxx stance.

You Know Who Else Opposed Vaccine Mandates? Hitler.

https://jacobinmag.com/2021/09/vaccine-mandates-covid-pandemic-german-nazi-inoculation-policy

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2021, 10:09 p.m.
Like Reply

On the other side. This is what some people think.

Some say COVID-19 vaccine is the 'mark of the beast.' Is there a connection to the Bible?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/09/26/covid-vaccine-mark-beast-what-book-revelation-says/8255268002/

The "mark of the beast" in the New Testament's Book of Revelation signals an allegiance to Satan or those who reject God's memorial of creatorship. 

"Studies show that any conflicts between religion and science are not about facts, they are more about values and morals," said John Evans, a professor of sociology and religious studies at the University of California, San Diego."

metmike: I guess Jews can't use that one (-:

I always learn new things here, including about what other people think and why and this seems to be a powerful reason for alot of people to reject the vaccine and also believe that its putting a computer chip in them. Seriously, one of my wifes employees really  thinks that.

Here we go. 

Cherry-picking the Bible and using verses out of context isn’t a practice confined to those opposed to vaccines – it has been done for centuries          

https://theconversation.com/cherry-picking-the-bible-and-using-verses-out-of-context-isnt-a-practice-confined-to-those-opposed-to-vaccines-it-has-been-done-for-centuries-168995

Vaccine Mandates and the God-Given Right to Spread Covid

https://newrepublic.com/article/163721/vaccine-mandates-religious-freedom-covid

'We Have No King but King Jesus': 101 Ohio Pastors Push Back Against Vaccine Mandate in Open Letter to Biden

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2021/october/we-have-no-king-but-king-jesus-101-ohio-pastors-push-back-against-vaccine-mandate-in-open-letter-to-biden

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2021, 10:49 p.m.
Like Reply

NYC Firetruck Availability Down to 55 Percent, Manpower Shortages Due to Vaccine Mandate: NY Firefighters

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/nyc-firetruck-availability-down-to-55-percent-manpower-shortages-due-to-vaccine-mandate-ny-firefighters_4086338.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-11-05-2&mktids=674f69ecc63380e560f788348fe2eafd&est=8D8Xes1MpnjTlyqFktvqBIctB7S2%2F68uEEktkRmK%2F%2BGK10fyItjuLY%2B%2FbzAz4w%3D%3D

Two NYC firefighters gave The Epoch Times an update on the present situation of the FDNY under the condition of anonymity for fear of retaliation.

Most alarming was an internal document indicating that on Nov. 3, there were only 55 percent of firetrucks available. The normal number, according to him, should be about 90 percent.

A picture of an internal document showing the availability of fire trucks in New York City. (Provided to The Epoch Times)

“ENG,” short for engine, represents the firetrucks that have a water hose. “LAD,” short for ladder, represents the trucks that have a ladder.

“My engine has about 25 guys, and of that, half of the guys went home,” said the firefighter, who now has less than 30 days before termination.

A screenshot of the NYC Fire Wire App showing the fires that took place in New York City on Nov. 2. (NYC Fire Wire App)

On Wednesday, there were four fires that went above 3rd alarm in the city, according to the two firemen that the Epoch Times interviewed and the NYC Fire Wire app that gives alerts and updates on the fires in the city.

Every subsequent alarm means that a fire is getting bigger or it’s persisting to the point that members on the scene need replacement. Two of the fires went up to 4th alarm and one of them went to 5th alarm.

“It’s very unusual. It doesn’t happen often,” the firefighter said, showing the Fire Wire app.

Most of the firemen want to keep working for the FDNY, but are not allowed.

“A lot of guys are looking for a side job, some guys are looking to retire, not by will, but because they feel like they’ve been forced.

“They want to work. My company is out of service today as we speak,” he continued.

“A lot of guys have to show up every tour and say ‘we’re here ready to go and you guys sent us home.’ They’re not allowed inside the firehouse building,” the firefighter said.

He noted that he did a lot of research on his own about COVID-19 vaccines and feels that they haven’t been thoroughly tested.

“I listen to doctors. I personally don’t want to take an experimental vaccine. I already had COVID and I have the natural immunity. I also was tested for the antibodies as well. So my natural immunity is working. I got sick at least twice from last year till now and I have recovered 100 percent every time by myself without any vaccines,” he said.

Another fireman told The Epoch Times on Wednesday afternoon that “there were three multiple alarms today in the city.”

“That doesn’t normally happen. That’s a direct result of manpower shortages. So a third alarm, fourth alarm, a fifth alarm, all in 12 hours. That’s a direct result of manpower shortages. And the manpower shortages are a direct result of de Blasio’s mandate, there’s no going around it. Those fires don’t go more than a room or a mattress or anything other [than] a small fire, but now they’re [going through] entire floors of buildings.”

Some of the comments in the app blamed de Blasio’s mandates for the fire, while others asked for civility.

Last Friday, Uniformed Firefighters Association President Andrew Ansbro predicted that dozens of Firehouses could close due to the mandates.

“According to the city, there are no firehouses closed, but they’ll leave one member in the firehouse answering the phones, answering the door if someone knocks, and that counts as a firehouse being open. The companies are closed massively throughout the city.

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2021, 10:55 p.m.
Like Reply

EXPLAINER: What Vaccine Mandate Means for Firms and Workers

The sweeping Biden administration's new COVID-19 mandate will apply to 84 million workers at mid-size and large companies.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-11-05/explainer-what-vaccine-mandate-means-for-firms-and-workers

President Joe Biden described the rules issued Thursday as urgently needed to get more Americans inoculated. Though confirmed viral cases and deaths have fallen sharply since the start of the year, they remain dangerously high, especially in some areas and industries. Average case numbers have leveled off at about 70,000 new infections a day and confirmed viral deaths at more than 1,200 a day.

“Too many people," Biden said, “remain unvaccinated for us to get out of this pandemic for good.”

Yet several states with Republican governors have vowed to challenge the Occupational Health and Safety Administration regulations in court, calling them an unconstitutional power grab by the federal government.

WHAT DO THE NEW RULES DO?

Private-sector companies with 100 or more workers must require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be tested for the virus weekly and wear masks on the job. These requirements will take effect Jan. 4 under an emergency temporary standard from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

A separate rule requires workers at health care facilities that receive federal Medicare and Medicaid payments to be vaccinated. This rule, from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, will apply to 17 million workers at 76,000 health care facilities, including hospitals and long-term care facilities. But doctor’s offices with fewer than 100 employees will be exempt because they don’t fall under the center's health and safety regulations.

Employers must give workers paid time off to be vaccinated and to recover from any side effects. Vaccinations will be paid for by the federal government, though employees may have to pay for testing. The federal government says the rules supersede state laws that conflict with the standards. Still, some states have threatened to sue.

___

WHY DID THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION IMPOSE THE MANDATE?

About 70% of U.S. adults are fully vaccinated. Yet that rate of vaccination hasn't been nearly enough to stop the spread of the virus, especially the highly contagious and now dominant delta variant.

Biden noted that businesses that have already imposed mandates on their employees, along with requirements for the military and federal contractors, have cut the number of unvaccinated Americans over age 12 from 100 million in late July to about 60 million.

Even so, more than 750,000 Americans have died from the virus, and tens of thousands of new cases arise daily. OSHA estimates that the new requirements will save 6,500 lives and prevent 250,000 hospitalizations in the six months after the rules take effect.

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2021, 10:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Factbox: Countries making COVID-19 vaccines mandatory

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/countries-making-covid-19-vaccines-mandatory-2021-08-16/

Oct 8 (Reuters) - A sharp upturn in infections due to the Delta variant and a slowdown in vaccinations have pushed governments to make COVID-19 shots mandatory for health workers, other high-risk groups or dining out.

A growing number of countries are also making shots compulsory for public servants or travellers.

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2021, 11:01 p.m.
Like Reply

See Reopening Plans and Mask Mandates for All 50 States

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/states-reopen-map-coronavirus.html

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2021, 11:03 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Nov. 5, 2021, 11:06 p.m.
Like Reply