rising energy prices
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Nov. 8, 2021, 11:44 a.m.

OK, we have already been warned that store shelves may be empty this winter.

And we have also been warned that energy costs will rise more than they already have.

Fortunately, we have a president with a plan….

He wants to shut down another pipeline.  That should do it!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10176399/Biden-administration-considering-shutting-pipeline.html

This reminds me of Germany during WW2. At that time, there was a shortage of food, as well as gasoline and oil.  The ministry of propaganda put up posters nationwide that read ‘No German will be hungry or cold”, to boost the people's moral

I was told that some pranksters crossed out the word “or”, so that the sentence read “No German will be hungry without being cold”

History repeats.

Comments
By cfdr - Nov. 8, 2021, 11:55 a.m.
Like Reply

Ah, yes, and we have a Secretary of Transportation who takes two months off.

And an Energy Secretary who  -  well, listen for yourself.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2021/11/07/sunday-talks-incompetent-and-ideological-energy-secretary-says-you-will-pay-historic-rates-for-home-heating-and-there-is-nothing-they-can-do-about-it/

One question here seems relevant.  If it was President Donald Trump in the White House, what do you think he would be doing?  More accurately, what do you think he would have been doing?

All Washington can do today is to wring their hands.

Actually, I think it is much worse than that.  I have been slowly moving to the viewpoint that this is all planned.

By metmike - Nov. 8, 2021, 12:16 p.m.
Like Reply

cfdr,

I once felt like that about Trump.........that his positives outweighed his negatives.

But as his negatives grew exponentially after he lost the election, it's not even in the vicinity of being close anymore.

What's interesting is that republicans should actually like all these bad decisions and mismanagement by the Biden team. Especially on energy and the southern border.

Biden's lack of leadership and bad for America policies are the recipe for republican victories. 

Biden and his parties best  chance  to win is if the democrats best gift, Donald Trump runs.

Trump cannot win in 2024, no matter how bad Biden messes up. The law of gravity is more certain but it would be a landslide win for Bozo the clown if he were running against Trump. .........err, the way things are going..........Bozo could win on either ticket if he ran against Trump OR Biden. 

By cfdr - Nov. 8, 2021, 12:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Biden's lack of leadership and bad for America policies are the recipe for republican victories.

Oh, for sure that's right.  But the damage is being done.  And the establishment Republicans, while undoubtedly better than the bat-shit crazies, are the other half of the Uniparty.

Biden and his parties best  chance  to win is if the democrats best gift, Donald Trump runs.

While I would not agree with you, I too think it would be better if he steps aside.

But, there is no way Biden will run again.  I am afraid of the people who are really running Washington.

We do have a disagreement - a friendly one, I hope - about the election, however.  Think about where Donald Trump had the country heading prior to the COVID disruptions.  Compare that to today.  Is there any area that is better off today?  As far as managing the country, I have a lot of respect for Donald Trump's capabilities.

And, believe me when I say that I have worked for some real "pushers" when I was in the arctic in the 60s and 70s.  Not many people have that to even know what it means.