Putin speaking about the decay of Western society
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Nov. 8, 2021, 1:16 p.m.

compares it to the 1917 Bolshevik revolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45gV_0owJ20

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 9, 2021, 11:29 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!

I missed this one earlier.

By joj - Nov. 10, 2021, 4:58 a.m.
Like Reply

I don't speak Russian but Putin is a dictator and a thug who murders journalists who cross him.  (talk about cancel culture!)

I did check out the comments section.  Frightening how much adulation he gets.

The GDP of Russia is like 1.5 trillion.  The US is north of 20 trillion.  'nuff said!

By TimNew - Nov. 10, 2021, 9:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Putin is scum, no doubt.   But he's no dummy.

By cfdr - Nov. 10, 2021, 9:43 a.m.
Like Reply

I used to think that.  I don't anymore.  My son spent last winter in Moscow, and most all of his (young) friends there were supporters of Vladimir Putin.  IMHO, he has emerged as perhaps the most intelligent, thoughtful, and reserved leader on the world stage.

Now, when Yeltsin turned to him to stop the western bankers from taking over Russia when they were so vulnerable, i never would have guessed that it would turn out to be this way.  Never.

You guys should watch the video where Putin is, very cautiously, telling a middle aged Russian man how Lenin was bad for Russia - that he took Russia down a wrong road.  The man's face is really perplexed, as I'm sure it went against everything he had been taught since he was little.

FWIW, I think Russia has been very very lucky to have had Vladimir Putin leading their country.

By cfdr - Nov. 10, 2021, 9:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Gunther - another history book.

https://www.amazon.com/Eyewitness-1917-Russian-Revolution-Happened/dp/1906257272

My wife has been reading this day by day.  Every day of the revolution is documented here with what people wrote on that day.  Fascinating look at history.  The parallels with today here in this country are unsettling.