cfdr/Sweden/excess mortality
21 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 13, 2021, 3:48 p.m.

To satisfy you more, I'll do what I wasted my time all Summer doing with Gunter in responding to your Sweden stuff.........with even more data and information.

The new stuff below this time is with excess mortality stats that your source is twisting to mislead.

However,  as I made clear earlier this week, I'm not going to enable and encourage an unhealthy compulsion on your part by having a posting links war which, every time I post data, results in you trying to find even more links to post a bunch of stuff that I have to spend half the day debunking individually with data. 

I concede that you can find an unlimited amount of links stating whatever you want to state on this. They are known to most of us as DISinformation.

However, some of them do make a good point every once in awhile and I promise to read all of them and attempt to be open minded/objective.

Excess mortality due to Covid-19? A comparison of total mortality in 2020 with total mortality in 2016 to 2019 in Germany, Sweden and Spain

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0255540

Excess mortality due to Covid-19? A comparison of total mortality in 2020 with total mortality in 2016 to 2019 in Germany, Sweden and Spain

Fig 3

Fig 3

thumbnail

Fig 4. Cumulative standardized mortality ratio (SMR) by calendar week in Spain, Germany and Sweden (with consideration of life expectancy).

https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0255540.g004

metmike: Spain had the highest rate for excessive deaths. They are the 30th most populous state(population density is a major factor) and extremely important, they have the 15th most air travel. This is a major reason for COVID to get into the country. This is MUCH higher than Sweden.

Germany actually should be the highest....... because their population density is the highest, up at 17th in the world. There are also more people that travel there. They are at 9th for air travel.  Their green line should be the highest NOT the lowest.

Sweden is way down at only 91 for population and way down at 46 in air travel. Easily the lowest of the 3 for COVID spreading factors.  Clearly, the Red line at the chart above, Sweden should be way below the Green line, which is Germany and the lowest on the graph based on expectations. Why did Sweden have so much more excess mortality during this period than expected?

This graph is the one that you want to use. It's based on the total/excess mortality.

As you can see above..........Sweden does the worst  doesn't do so well when you have objective scientists, as in this study compiling and analyzing the data.

So, for those 3 countries, why did Sweden do the worst compared to what would be expected based on population densities?

The only thing that can explain this is that the other countries had lock downs and Sweden didn't. 

Total Population by Country 2021

https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries

Home > Indicators > Infrastructure > Transportation

Air transport, passengers carried - Country Ranking

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/IS.AIR.PSGR/rankings

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 13, 2021, 3:56 p.m.
Like Reply

I provided this data to you on the previous thread a couple of times that shows the same thing but with the actual COVID deaths.

Please don't accuse me of getting it from the MSM again.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77426/#77566

https://worldpopulationreview.com/countries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_population

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

Will you make up more reasons for why this data is not the real data and only information from far right sources can be used because all the other sources and 97% of the scientists and reporting agencies (including all 50 US states and the entire world) are conspiring to hide the real data and truthful interpretations of it?

Re: Re: cfdr
0 likes
By metmike - Nov. 13, 2021, 4:09 p.m.
Like Reply

There are numerous elements that go into excess mortality and many different variables that contrast from country to country.

This is why I said from the get go, in an experiment with all those things  different and changing at the same time, you can't try to point to 1 variable at 1 instant in time and insist it caused an affect that several others are good candidates for. 

This is cherry picking.........waiting for a snap shot in time for the data to show something that you like and ignore the rest of it. 

Looking at the actual COVID deaths is going to give you a first order measurement of the actual thing you want to know.

Focusing on 2nd and 3rd order measurements and biased speculation is crap science when you have better data than that. 

Re: cfdr
0 likes
By wglassfo - Nov. 13, 2021, 4:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Who cares about the data

The courts have ruled against the mandate

I am vaccinated but I respect the law, even if I disagree

We have to have laws and not every body will agree

Just the way it is or  the country is lost

Just  like the people who want no more  gas, oil, coal etc

They have won but the consequences may be brutal

But we have to obey the law

You should have heard my wife scream about increased food prices

We knew inflation was coming

But the law has to be obeyed

Now I need another dollar/bu of corn to keep up with inflation

By metmike - Nov. 13, 2021, 4:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Who cares about the data?

Better have a talk with cfdr. He claims that I’m not showing enough........data that he likes.

Sorry Wayne, I should have posted it at the top that this is a continuation of a previous conversation that was getting too long and I finally decided to give cfdr what he was asking for........more non MSM data;

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77426/

By metmike - Nov. 13, 2021, 6:14 p.m.
Like Reply

The lockdown effect: A counterfactual for Sweden    

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33831093/

Abstract              

While most countries imposed a lockdown in response to the first wave of COVID-19 infections, Sweden did not. To quantify the lockdown effect, we approximate a counterfactual lockdown scenario for Sweden through the outcome in a synthetic control unit. We find, first, that a 9-week lockdown in the first half of 2020 would have reduced infections and deaths by about 75% and 38%, respectively. Second, the lockdown effect starts to materialize with a delay of 3-4 weeks only. Third, the actual adjustment of mobility patterns in Sweden suggests there has been substantial voluntary social restraint, although the adjustment was less strong than under the lockdown scenario. Lastly, we find that a lockdown would not have caused much additional output loss. 

metmike: In contrast to the previous links, which are all based on measured,  hard empirical data, this is just a model, programmed with all the data that projected how much illness and loss of life would have been avoided if Sweden had a lockdown in place In 2020.

By cfdr - Nov. 14, 2021, 12:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes, I'm getting real tired, as you are, of posting links instead of answering the questions raised.

In your first post, you compare:

First off - why Germany and Spain when we were comparing the northern countries of Sweden, Finland, and Norway?

Secondly - comparing 2020 data - without taking into account the years just prior to that - is the point the author of "Systems Peristroika" is making.  And you post not only comparisons to two other countries in your reply, but you seem to me to make the same error as was being pointed out.  How am I wrong?

INSERTED HERE, AFTER LOOKING AGAIN AT THE CHARTS ON THIS LINK:

What's the quote about using statistics to lie?  I forget it, but isn't that what is being done right here in that link?

If you compare these charts with the charts from System Perisroika, and if you think about it a bit, I don't see how you can possibly see this presentation from PLOS as being anything other than a hit piece on Sweden.  And, I mean a hit "below the belt"!  They seem to, IMHO, use what Systems Peristroika points out about how 2020 data in Sweden cannot be taken by itself.  But they twist it to magnify the error pointed out by Systems Perisroika.

You post:

I provided this data to you on the previous thread a couple of times that shows the same thing but with the actual COVID deaths.

Please don't accuse me of getting it from the MSM again.

There is more that one thing wrong with this comment, IMHO.

Why is it that I keep seeing links to WaPo, businessinsider, NPR, etc.?  And, "actual COVID deaths"?  Do we really have that data?  Or, is what we have "deaths with COVID"?

Following that quote are two links that simply show world population listed by country.  We were looking at Sweden, Norway, and Finland.  Why the smoke and mirrors, Mike?

Then there is a link about "tracking covid-19 excess deaths across countries."  At least here, Sweden, Norway, and Finland are included.  But, ONCE AGAIN, the data in the chart STARTS AT JANUARY, 2020.

And, ONCE AGAIN, it looks to me like smoke and mirrors to avoid answering the question raised by the author of "Systems Peristroika."

I'll throw it right back at you, Mike.  Please don't reply with more links that are unrelated to the original subject being discussed.  I find it extremely difficult to come back to this site, because I know what I am going to find.  If you reply, please reply to the questions raised in this email.

And Mike, if it was anyone else I was talking to, I would have simply dropped out of this quite some time ago.  But I think you are looking at this wrong.

By metmike - Nov. 14, 2021, 12:33 p.m.
Like Reply

cfdr,

I already rested my case. Every shred of objective scientific and statistical data was used to conclusively prove it.

You, cfdr were the one that would not let it go and pushed it farther and farther, demanding more and more, when I already knew what the data was and preferred to just go on and not do this to you.

Now you say to not reply with more links that are unrelated(at least you're not accusing me of getting them from the evil MSM this time). 

According to you:

COVID death data.........has nothing to do with COVID deaths.

Excess mortality data..........has nothing to do with excess mortality

Population density data.......has nothing to do with population density

Far right interpretations of anything/everything  = Gospel

I told you that I looked at all your data/links but you called me a liar and insisted that I give it due diligence to prove it wrong over and over.

Which I did above conclusively.

Again, I rest my case.

Your top priority is defending your far right conspiracy theory, anti science and anti factual DISinformation, that includes Biden stealing the election by  proving me wrong......no matter how many facts you have to cherry pick and twist like pretzels or reject from me. 

I'm less concerned about being right about this as I am concerned with helping you. Seriously cfdr. 

By cfdr - Nov. 14, 2021, 3:44 p.m.
Like Reply

All I ask is - very simply - JUST ANSWER MY QUESTIONS THAT I JUST POSTED.

No more smoke and mirrors.  Just answer the questions.  You claim to be "facts" driven.  Here is your golden opportunity to prove it by simply pointing out to me where the author of System Peristroika went wrong where the conclusion, after looking back at the data for the two years prior to 2020, was that Sweden has been doing pretty good compared to most of the rest of the world - and even it's neighbors.

Your source, PLOS, showed excess deaths of Sweden, Germany and Spain.  The data was represented as the deviation from the years 2016 through 2019.  Looking at the charts from System Peristroika, it seems very clear that Sweden had surprisingly low death rates for 2019 especially (and I think even back to 2018).  Isn't this what is called "dry tinder"?

So, expressing 2020 deaths as a deviation from the previous years would naturally show 2020 to be a bad year for Sweden, wouldn't it Mike??  This is why I said that this seems like the old quote about statistics being used to lie.

Would you agree with that, Mike?

Now, take it one step farther, as System Peristroika did in their analysis.  If you start with the year 2020, AND IF YOU HAVE A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF "DRY TINDER", are the numbers for Sweden really as bad as they are made to look??

I'll just end this post with the quote from my last post:

If you reply, please reply to the questions raised in this email.

By metmike - Nov. 14, 2021, 5:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Your "dry tinder" theory is just using speculation  that could not have accounted for anything but a modest contribution to the increase in death rates.........not nearly as much as their actual policies.

The most amazing part of this, is that, now, you want to rest  your entire argument on this and yet, you couldn't even find the time to look at the studies on it?

Instead, you believed your far right sources like they are Gospel and won't even take a minute to fact check 1 iota of what they say to see if its valid or not...........but I'm more than happy to keep doing that for you in hopes that you might learn something new(about fact checking)

You keep asking for this (first it was excess deaths that I was ignoring, then when I showed you the actual raw data on excess deaths, you changed it to this, the "dry tinder" theory..........OK, you asked for it and here it is dude.

Let the objective authentic  science speak on this:

High excess deaths in Sweden during the first wave of COVID-19: Policy deficiencies or 'dry tinder'?       

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34213362/

Results:                    In the first part of the epiyear 2019-2020, deaths were low in both Sweden and Denmark. In the absence of COVID-19, a relatively low level of death would be expected for the later part of the epiyear. The registered deaths were, however, way above the upper bound of the prediction interval in Sweden and within the range in Denmark.    

Conclusions:                    'Dry tinder' can only account for a modest fraction of excess Swedish mortality. The risk of death during the first COVID-19 wave rose significantly for Swedish women aged >85 but only slightly for Danish women aged >85. The risk discrepancy seems more likely to result from differences between Sweden and Denmark in how care and housing for the elderly are organised, coupled with a less successful Swedish strategy of shielding the elderly.    

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's more to help you out............NOT from the MSM but from scientists, just like everything else in this thread:

Estimation of Excess Mortality and Years of Life Lost to COVID-19 in Norway and Sweden between March and November 2020  

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33917872/

We found that excess all-cause mortality over the epidemic year, July 2019 to July 2020, was 517 (95%CI = (12, 1074)) in Norway and 4329 [3331, 5325] in Sweden. There were 255 COVID-19 related deaths reported in Norway, and 5741 in Sweden, that year. During the epidemic period of 11 March-11 November, there were 6247 reported COVID-19 deaths and 5517 (4701, 6330) excess deaths in Sweden. We estimated that the number of YLL attributed to COVID-19 in Sweden was 45,850 [13,915, 80,276] without adjusting for mortality displacement and 43,073 (12,160, 85,451) after adjusting for the displacement accounted for by the auto-regressive model. In conclusion, we find good agreement between officially recorded COVID-19 related deaths and all-cause excess deaths in both countries during the first epidemic wave and no significant mortality displacement that can explain those deaths.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

cfdr,

What I would hope you will get (but fear that you will ignore) out of this is to start fact checking your far right DISinformation sources. You are very capable of doing what I did to debunk most of it resoundingly with objective data and science. You just need to stop believing in all their propaganda and practice the scientific method. 

You're a very smart man but need to free your brain so that its able to contemplate things other than what you treat like religion coming from those far right high priests. 

Seriously, that would make my day if I opened your mind, even 10%.

By metmike - Nov. 14, 2021, 5:47 p.m.
Like Reply

You and Gunter are like birds of a feather...........going to much of the same far right sites...........completely rejecting anything that contradicts them. 

Before you showed up, I told you this is what it was like all Summer long with Gunter.

EXACTLY LIKE these last 2 threads. You guys could be identical thinking and posting twins!

Posting far right conspiracy theories and DISinformation, then when I totally debunk them, just posting more DISinformation and always rejecting everything and anything that contradicts it with a couple of exceptions........even when the contradicting evidence totally defines the authentic science with tons of data and studies.

What does that say about you guys.

Again, I'm your friend and want to help you......but you have to help yourselves.

You guys are the targets of the DISinformation. You should be outraged at being used for their self serving agenda, stealing your intelligence like this.......not putting them on pedistole's because they say things that you like to read/hear.

I'm stating things that you hate to hear.

But it's the truth. Our most precious and cherished God given right is...........the right to know the truth!

What good is it to base our lives on lies?

You are fighting for some good things and also for some blatant lies.

Wouldn't you like to know which is which so that you can focus your efforts entirely on fighting for just the truth?

By metmike - Nov. 14, 2021, 7:10 p.m.
Like Reply

This is why I told you early on in this discussion that I preferred not to spend half my day posting data, facts, science, studies to debunk your DISinformation and you accused me of lying when I said that I looked at all your DISinformation because I didn't do all that, like I did for Gunter all Summer long. You guys could be identical thinking and posting twins!

Well, I did it and where has it gotten to?

I actually feel bad that I had to do this to you and you not getting a thing out of it. However, ironically, I do learn a great deal in doing the scientific fact checking and about people that have your mindset and the best way to respond respectfully as possible(though I may be flawed at doing that perfectly at times). I  sincerely thank you guys for that and am looking forward to more learning.

The only way to learn, is to

1. Have an open mind and

2. Appreciate that there is so much more to learn. Once we think that we know everything about something........the learning stops.

Knowledge and discernment/understanding acquired from the pursuit of seeking the truth and learning of principles that drive nature and human beings is worth way more than any amount of money.

You've inadvertently contributed to my endeavors in that realm and I'm very grateful.

However, I don't have time to do this all over again for every new anti COVID vaxx or Biden stole the election person that shows up.........especially because the reaction is always the exact same reaction to totally reject it all and instead, get fired up to post DISinformation even more furiously by finding outlier, cherry picked and biased interpretations to prove they/you are right and accepting nothing that I show.

The ironic thing is that in these particular types of  discussions, metmike and some lurkers/readers are the ones learning everything(thank God) and not the person at the other end.

If that was NOT the case, trust me, I would never waste my time on an extremely NON or even COUNTER productive endeavor like this.

I'm not here to prove that I'm right about everything or anything but instead, to help others discover the way to get to the truth and recognize the lies/DISinformation......... while me and anybody that wants to come along for the ride.......learn as much as possible along the way.

My hope is that you will see it that way too and join us.

By metmike - Nov. 15, 2021, 11:05 p.m.
Like Reply

(be) careful what you wish for(, (because) you just might get it)

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/be+careful+what+you+wish+for%2C+you+might+just+get+it

By cutworm - Nov. 17, 2021, 6:57 a.m.
Like Reply

Not wanting to get into this discussion :but I was amazed at how

strikingly cylindrical that the patterns are.Hmmm

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33917872/

By metmike - Nov. 17, 2021, 7:47 a.m.
Like Reply

What’s that supposed to mean cutworm?

By cfdr - Nov. 17, 2021, 11:42 a.m.
Like Reply

Finally, you actually try to address the questions asked instead of generating more smoke and mirrors.  Even then, you merely search for something that is clearly written to counter what is inconvenient for the government.  But, I'll try to get into that more in another post.

First - what bothers me.  What makes me not even want to open Marketform site. 

You're a very smart man but need to free your brain so that its able to contemplate things other than what you treat like religion coming from those far right high priests.

You and Gunter are like birds of a feather...........going to much of the same far right sites...........completely rejecting anything that contradicts them.

Before you showed up, I told you this is what it was like all Summer long with Gunter.

EXACTLY LIKE these last 2 threads. You guys could be identical thinking and posting twins!

(A note here - FWIW, I could exchange posts with Gunther day after dat.  We would not agree on everything, of course.  There have been things Gunther has posted that I have not agreed with.  But, we would always get along just fine.  Unfortunately, this is not the case with you, Mike.  I am not going to try to analyze what the difference is.  I will only say the obvious - there is a huge difference in exchanging ideas with Gunther as compared to you.  I guess possibly the point could be made that, since Gunter and you don't get along, and since you and I don't get along, but since Gunther and I would get along, even though we would not see everything the same, maybe you should think about what it is in you that precipitates times like this.)

What does that say about you guys.

Again, I'm your friend and want to help you......but you have to help yourselves.

You guys are the targets of the DISinformation. You should be outraged at being used for their self serving agenda, stealing your intelligence like this.......not putting them on pedistole's because they say things that you like to read/hear.

I'm stating things that you hate to hear.

But it's the truth. Our most precious and cherished God given right is...........the right to know the truth!

What good is it to base our lives on lies?

You are fighting for some good things and also for some blatant lies.

Wouldn't you like to know which is which so that you can focus your efforts entirely on fighting for just the truth?

Are you really so blind as to not see what that statement appears like to someone else??  You are the perfect example of what irritates me most about NPR - the moral superior attitude that they are always right.

I actually feel bad that I had to do this to you and you not getting a thing out of it. However, ironically, I do learn a great deal in doing the scientific fact checking and about people that have your mindset and the best way to respond respectfully as possible(though I may be flawed at doing that perfectly at times). I  sincerely thank you guys for that and am looking forward to more learning.

Wow, and this was followed by a lecture on how to learn!

Wow.  Do you ever look in the mirror, Mike?

You've inadvertently contributed to my endeavors in that realm and I'm very grateful.

Again - wow - you are the perfect example of what I would call "the NPR syndrome."

I'm not here to prove that I'm right about everything or anything but instead, to help others discover the way to get to the truth and recognize the lies/DISinformation......... while me and anybody that wants to come along for the ride.......learn as much as possible along the way.

My hope is that you will see it that way too and join us.

More wows on this one.  I have to say, you're on a roll, Mike.  You are showing your true nature better than anyone else could possibly do it.

(be) careful what you wish for(, (because) you just might get it)

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/be+careful+what+you+wish+for%2C+you+might+just+get+it

What a perfect way to end your "remarks" on how great you are and how pitiful Gunther and I are.

OK, you ignored my request to look over the work done by Systems Peristroika, but you did post a rebuttal link.  This link is quite interesting - I'll start a new post to look at both views of the data.

By metmike - Nov. 17, 2021, 12:16 p.m.
Like Reply

I addressed every single item you pointed out with EXTREMELY comprehensive  data and science, even as you changed points as we went along. ......it's all here.

Just scroll up.

I looked at all your stuff from the get go and responded...........the indisputable evidence is in these threads yet even today, your position continues to be to not believe that I looked at it and responded to it.(absurdly, trying to prove that I was lying about looking at it because I made other posts here in that time frame)

Must be that cognitive bias, cfdr, you can't contemplate how somebody's interpretation is different than your far right sites.

I'm your best friend and you can't even recognize it.

A shining beacon of truth trying to take you out of the valley of far right deceit and darkness DISinformation. 

Since you asked, I do look in the figurative mirror every day cfdr. It's why I coach chess for free at 5 different schools right now. Volunteered for a dozen different charities/non profits. My job in life is to volunteer to develop minds....... help others by educating them with the truth and make the world a better place........FOR FREE and the MAIN REASON that I'm here cfdr. 

I'm not here for me cfdr..............it's to help YOU!

https://www.marketforum.com/about/

One thing that you guys will NOT turn this place into is an echo chamber for DISinformtion. 

Again, I encourage you to open your mind and  take a different path and join me.

If that message rubs you the wrong way, it's not because it's not sincere...... and you don't get to tell me what my ethics, sincerity level or objectives are or accuse me of being dishonest. 

With regards to my last post YOU INTENTIONALLY BROUGHT ON THIS CONFRONTATION after I kept trying to go on to something else, over and over. 

I gave you exactly what you kept demanding/insisting on getting..............but it turned out being the exact opposite of what you hoped for.

Thanks for copying the message that portrays that idea again. Maybe you didn't understand why initially.

https://www.infobloom.com/what-does-be-careful-what-you-wish-for-mean.htm

By cfdr - Nov. 17, 2021, 12:37 p.m.
Like Reply

First, the data representation from Systems Peristroika.

Your "dry tinder" theory is just using speculation  that could not have accounted for anything but a modest contribution to the increase in death rates.........not nearly as much as their actual policies.

And, you are so sure of yourself about this?  What do you mean by "actual policies"?  

An interesting look at "excess deaths":

https://softwaredevelopmentperestroika.wordpress.com/2021/06/08/excessive-excess-deaths-opus-ii/

A link to a previous article led to here:

https://softwaredevelopmentperestroika.wordpress.com/2021/03/26/excessive-excess-deaths-or-media-disinformation-warfare/

It appears that "excess deaths" is not really as clear as most people probably assume.

Basically, using absolute numbers to compare year-to-year deaths is nothing less than fraud. Whether it’s by accident or intentional, it really doesn’t matter. It’s simply fraud.

I'm not going to post charts from this link, even though I know it might not be "convenient" to look and it might mean they will be ignored.  He concludes with this:

So, we are left with either the age group mortality based on 2015-2018 baseline, or the linear regression trend based expectation. If you are a believer in infinite growth (or, more correctly: infinite decline) you might want to chose the trend based result, which gives the following numbers for 2019 and 2020:

2019 : Excess deaths : – 4510

2020 : Excess deaths : 4356

If you do not subscribe to infinite growth, then you might prefer the age group mortality rate baseline of 2015-2018, which gives:

2019 : Excess deaths : – 6747

2020 : Excess deaths : 1176

The choice is yours.

I think I posted this link previously - but I did not see any response to it.  The article clearly shows some of the complexity of the subject.  And the charts are pretty self explanatory.  

https://softwaredevelopmentperestroika.wordpress.com/2021/06/15/489-days-of-studying-covid-in-sweden/

https://softwaredevelopmentperestroika.wordpress.com/2021/07/10/swe-vs-fin-who-did-best-2020-in-terms-of-covid-public-health/

One quote:

I don’t usually bother analyzing anything COVID-related for any other country than Sweden.

The main reason is that IMO, comparing countries in terms of COVID-cases, COVID-deaths etc is a fools errand, since there is such a vast array of unmeasured – even unknown ! – confounders that any comparison between countries becomes meaningless. The IMO only reasonable comparison is year-by-year within a country.

Note - I posted this link previously, but again, I did not get any comments about it - other than the posted link to the NIH as something that was implied to be "the Gold Standard."

https://softwaredevelopmentperestroika.wordpress.com/2021/07/12/nordic-countries-mortality-excess-deaths-2015-2020/

Again, reposted, as there was no discussion about this.

Age adjusted (standardized) mortality.  Can there be any question whatsoever about 2018 and especially 2019 showing that deaths in Sweden were considerably down from what might have been expected?  Deaths in 2020 appear to be back up to the numbers in 2015 and 2016.

Now tell me how deaths in 2020, the year when the rest of the western world was screaming that the Swedes were murdering their own people, were very much out of line?

From this article, another chart.  Yes, Sweden has slightly more deaths than Norway or Finland from another source, this is a look at Sweden on a world scale and how bad it was:

I need to stop for a bit here, but I'll continue later.

By metmike - Nov. 17, 2021, 12:53 p.m.
Like Reply

You don't know when to stop digging your hole. I've already completely addressed every item and busted it into smithereens. 

This is exactly..........EXACTLY what Gunter did for 4 months and you know what I learned from it?

As mentioned before........it actually enabled him and encouraged him to post even more furiously with cherry picked/outlier stuff misinterpreted to somehow trump all the already conclusively proven and debunked points.

This is exactly why I said you and Gunter are posting twins..........because you go to the same places that have captured your brains but won't let go because of stubbornness/cognitive bias.

You will settle for nothing less than being right on something that has been resoundingly been proven wrong.

No more enabling cfrd. 

I concede that there is an umlimited number cherry picked/outlier spins that you can put on any situation to say whatever it is you want to state and plenty of DISinformation sites to provide it to people hungering for it. 

Please refer to the definitive data and the scientific studies here:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77718/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77718/#77719

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77718/#77725

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77718/#77787

By metmike - Nov. 17, 2021, 1:12 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm sure your far right pals are cheering you on and I know you don't care a lick but everybody that is not far right, reading this conversation is thinking:

"OMG! How can somebody think this way!"

For the same reason that you're convinced the election was stolen from Trump. 

Isn't it odd, that the same people who insist illogically that the election was stolen from Trump, with 100% of the legit data proving otherwise............also have all the crazy, conspiracy theories ideas about COVID/the vaccine?

They get it from all the same far right sources............that's why.

They don't do their own homework or science(like I do/did) , they go to all far right sites that TELL THEM WHAT TO THINK, then bring that here.

You can totally obliterate it with data/science but that's never good enough.They think based on the cerebral conditioning, cognitive bias thats been programmed into their brains.

Ironically, they are convinced that it's the other side which has 100% of the brainwashing and their side has 0%.

Captured brains            

14 responses |         

Started by metmike - April 10, 2021, 12:32 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67714/

In case you've not noticed cfdr, I've moved past proving the points on the overly beat dead horse discussion and am doing an OBJECTIVE analysis and explanation for why it went that way.

If I had more time, I would be trying to finish up this related thread on cognitive bias below. However, chess season is starting during the 2nd week of December(yippee!), after being cancelled last year from COVID and I'm going to be focusing my attention on developing young minds  that want to learn new things at 5 different schools and will be backing away from all this posting. 

I also meant to post more chess stories this year but spent alot of time posting on stuff like this.....busting DISinformation is probably even MORE important:

Chess Coach Stories            

7 responses |           

Started by metmike - July 29, 2021, 7:23 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/72860/

Meant to spend more time on this too:

Cognitive Bias/Conspiracy Theories            

Started by metmike - Nov. 6, 2021, 1:19 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77243/

My wife also started a new business and wants me to assist her, so I will be spending alot of time doing that too..possibly even traveling in 2022.

By cfdr - Nov. 17, 2021, 3:30 p.m.
Like Reply

I clearly said that I would continue after a needed short break.  Your response, among other rants by you, was:

You will settle for nothing less than being right on something that has been resoundingly been proven wrong.

No more enabling cfrd.

Just WOW, Mike, I never would have guessed this about you.  Calm down and stop foaming at the mouth - it isn't even good for you.  You couldn't even wait until I made my point about your NIH link.

You are not a dumb person, Mike.  Doesn't it even bother you that you don't ever address the substance in my posts.  Doesn't it bother you that you confidently quote a likely flawed study from Fauci and friends - and you would never quote any government agency concerning anything about climate models?

As I said, Mike, you are not dumb, but you seem to have a religious type mind.  When you decide you have it figured out, your mind slams shut.  It's no wonder that you have trouble in the markets.  When it comes to trading markets, that is the most dangerous type of brain hard-wiring to have.  Nothing else comes close.

Now that I think about it, the hard-wiring of your brain has to be exactly the same as the hard-wiring of the brains of climate modelers.

I see there is no use whatsoever in continuing, as you are not even capable of building any software work-arounds to the hardwiring.

I just have to chalk this up to being a learning experience.  The evolution of the human brain never stops being a fascination to me.

By metmike - Nov. 17, 2021, 5:09 p.m.
Like Reply

(-: