COVID Booster shot follow up
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 14, 2021, 1:47 p.m.

As stated previously, I got my 3rd Pfizer shot(booster) on Friday in my left arm and the flu shot in my right arm.

The next day, Saturday both arms were a bit sore, very  similar to when I do an intense, strength training work out and my muscles are sore.

The arm that got the COVID shot was a bit more sore than the other arm.

I didn't have a fever but did have a tiny headache. I have a severe form of lupus like arthritis (auto immune disease) that causes pain and extreme sensitivity in several areas and this seemed a tad worse.

If I hadn't received the shots, I would probably not even have noticed it and chalked it up to a bad arthritis day because I didn't sleep well(which actually was the case).

Larry will understand this. Most weekday nights, because the markets are trading all night, I will not sleep much. Often sleeping a couple of hours, then waking for a particular model run, then going back to sleep for a few hours........or just waking to check on prices/markets.

The condition also affects my bladder and I often have to pee 4+ times at night. 

The early/mid 90's, when markets only traded during the day were like rest paradise!

So I state this because LAST night, for the first time in months, I actually slept solid for 8+ hours(with the exception of using my pee bucket on the side of the bed a few times for a minute).

As I result, I feel Wonderful!

The right arm is no longer sore and the left arm is just barely sore if you push on it.

The pharmacist, who knows my meds, that include a pretty high dose of prednisone, which is an immunosuppressant, said "you're probably going to need a 4th shot in 6 months because of your condition"

I already knew that.

Bring it on!

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 15, 2021, 4:14 p.m.
Like Reply

3 days after my COVID and flu shots.

Other than the minor, less than expected  symptoms on day 1,  I feel great.

When I go out in public, I will feel more confident in NOT wearing an N95 mask in non medical places( medical places require a cloth mask).

By metmike - Nov. 18, 2021, 1:31 a.m.
Like Reply

5 days later and still no side effects from the vaccines.........nor would there be any expected(other than my body arming itself with COVID and flu antibodies, in case it get's invaded by one of those diseases.....so it can jump into action quicker in order to defeat them).

Something like an 11 times greater chance of avoiding severe COVID, long COVID(symptoms that last 6 months for 50% of those hit with COVID) or dying compared to those not vaccinated.

Got your booster? Here are 5 reasons to keep following public health measures for a bit longer

https://abcnews.go.com/US/booster-reasons-public-health-measures-bit-longer/story?id=80908775

By metmike - Nov. 23, 2021, 8:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Never had any problems from the vaccine(and I have an autoimmune disease).

Never expected any.