SUV slammed into Wisconsin Christmas parade
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 22, 2021, 1:35 a.m.

At least 5 dead, over 40 injured after SUV slammed into Wisconsin Christmas parade; 'person of interest' in custody

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/21/waukesha-christmas-parade-suv-wisconsin/8714413002/

MILWAUKEE — At least 5 people are dead and over 40 people are injured when an SUV sped through a barricade and into a Christmas parade in suburban Milwaukee Sunday, officials confirmed.

Waukesha authorities confirmed the deaths in a statement late Sunday. Police said the numbers could change as many people transported themselves to hospitals.

The City of Waukesha posted to its Twitter and Facebook accounts revised casualty totals. "At this time, we can confirm that 5 people are deceased and over 40 are injured," the statement said. "However, these numbers may change as we collect additional information."

Earlier, authorities said 11 adults and 12 children were ferried to local hospitals. Others were taken by friends and family. Children's Wisconsin hospital said it had 15 patients and no fatalities.

Comments
By mcfarm - Nov. 22, 2021, 10:27 a.m.
Like Reply

well I know you are all going to be so shocked to learn the driver had a list of convictions a mile long, had just been released on a 1000 dollar bond, was fleeing a knife fight, and who the hell knows what else. And the deafing silence about race because guess what he was black.

By TimNew - Nov. 22, 2021, 10:39 a.m.
Like Reply

This literally sickens me.  Where does your mind have to be to convince yourself that this is a thing to do?

Prayers for all the families and victims.

By metmike - Nov. 22, 2021, 11:54 a.m.
Like Reply

There are crazy people all over this country!

Real Manmade Wildfires            

Started by metmike - Nov. 21, 2021, 10:44 p.m

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/78164/

By metmike - Nov. 22, 2021, 12:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Our prayers and thoughts go out to those affected at this tragic incident......the parade yesterday..............a location loaded with  families and lots of love and enthsiasm for life and excitement about the upcoming wonderful holidays and the fun times they will bring.

Just makes it more tragic )-:

Live updates: Darrell Brooks Jr. named as suspect after driver slams SUV through Waukesha parade; 5 dead

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/22/waukesha-wisconsin-christmas-parade-updates/8716684002/

WAUKESHA, Wis. — Flags across the state were flying at half staff Monday as authorities tried to determine why an SUV hurtled through a barricade and slammed into a Christmas parade in suburban Waukesha on Sunday, killing at least five people and injuring more than 40.

Investigators reportedly were looking into whether the driver was fleeing from a crime. Waukesha Police Chief Dan Thompson said the number of dead and injured could change because many people took themselves to hospitals in the chaotic minutes after the tragedy.

The city's livestream captured video of the crash, and dozens of witness videos appeared to show the vehicle hitting members of the Waukesha South High School Blackshirt Band, the Milwaukee Dancing Grannies and a children's dance group.

"Today we experienced a horrible, senseless tragedy. I walked in the parade at the beginning," Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly said at a news conference. "I saw the happy children sitting on the curb. I saw happy parents behind their children. I can still see the smiling faces."

By metmike - Nov. 22, 2021, 12:07 p.m.
Like Reply

These tragedies and the massive political divide in our country.........makes it difficult for us to appreciate the fact that there are far more things to be grateful for, by a very wide margin for us living in this age of human history.

But it's still very true!

Things to be grateful for.............even when it's not Thanksgiving week.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/45623/