Jussie Smollett
14 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Dec. 7, 2021, 1:37 a.m.

Jussie Smollett denies staging attack, testifies he had a sexual relationship with prosecution witness

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/06/us/jussie-smollett-trial-monday/index.html

Comments
By metmike - Dec. 7, 2021, 1:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Biggest takeaways from Jussie Smollett’s criminal trial testimony

https://nypost.com/2021/12/06/biggest-takeaways-from-jussie-smolletts-testimony-at-trial/

By metmike - Dec. 7, 2021, 1:46 a.m.
Like Reply
By TimNew - Dec. 7, 2021, 9:30 a.m.
Like Reply

I do not know why this is getting so much press.

Just another of many unbelievable racist hoaxes perpetrated by a leftist for whatever reason he may have had.  I've heard he needed publicity, so it appears to have worked.

But we all know that Chicago is teeming with people who believe it is "MAGA Country" who carry nooses at 230 in the morning.  It was just a matter of time till one or more of them attempted a lynching.   Right?

We've become such an odd country.

By metmike - Dec. 7, 2021, 10:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Him  being PROSECUTED FOR DOING IT,  does not compute, Tim?

By TimNew - Dec. 7, 2021, 10:48 a.m.
Like Reply

Oh,  he should be prosecuted along with all the other leftists nitwits who try to pull these hoaxes.   We could fill the newspapers wth them.  I just don't know why we would.

It was a stupid stunt that's getting way more press than it deserves.   

By metmike - Dec. 7, 2021, 11:19 a.m.
Like Reply

It's getting almost universal negative press Tim.

Isn't this what you should be for? It's the same position that you have. 

By TimNew - Dec. 7, 2021, 11:39 a.m.
Like Reply

I'll say it one more time and be done with it.

It was a stupid stunt that is getting way more attention than it deserves.  Leftist race hoax is common place.  

By metmike - Dec. 7, 2021, 12:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

Comments from others are welcomed.

By mcfarm - Dec. 8, 2021, 7:36 a.m.
Like Reply

when ever I hear about this case and want to comment I decide the better thing to do is run to the shower. This case makes me feel dirty and ashamed of the ends some libs will go to and other libs come rushing to defend.

By metmike - Dec. 8, 2021, 11:08 a.m.
Like Reply

You must be one of the cleanest guys in the state of Indiana mcfarm (-:

By mcfarm - Dec. 8, 2021, 3:20 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/it-sure-seems-like-jussie-smollett-perjured-himself/ar-AARCbbB?ocid=AARDHP&li=BBnbfcL   so add perjury to the list of crimes this racist committed and I will go for another shower. Damn, creepy and more creepy by the day.

By metmike - Dec. 9, 2021, 12:32 a.m.
Like Reply

BLM backs Jussie Smollett:  ‘We can never believe the police’

https://nypost.com/2021/12/08/blm-backs-jussie-smollett-we-can-never-believe-the-police/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=1682140

Black Lives Matter is backing Jussie Smollett — who’s on trial for allegedly staging a hate crime attack — because “we can never believe the police,” a founder of the movement said in a statement. 

“As abolitionists, we approach situations of injustice with love and align ourselves with our community,” Dr. Melina Abdullah, Director of BLM Grassroots and Co-Founder of BLM Los Angeles, said in a Tuesday statement. 

“In an abolitionist society, this trial would not be taking place, and our communities would not have to fight and suffer to prove our worth,” Abdullah said. 

“In our commitment to abolition, we can never believe police, especially the Chicago Police Department (CPD) over Jussie Smollett, a Black man who has been courageously present, visible, and vocal in the struggle for Black freedom,” the statement continued.

Juror’s in the case began deliberating on Wednesday and are set to resume on Thursday morning.

By metmike - Dec. 9, 2021, 6:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Jussie Smollett guilty of staging race-baiting hate attack to boost career

https://nypost.com/2021/12/09/jussie-smollett-convicted-of-staging-hate-crime/

Jussie Smollett was convicted Thursday of staging a hate crime nearly three years after he claimed two Trump-loving bigots beat him up, tied a noose around his neck and doused him in bleach in a misbegotten bid to raise his public profile. 

It took nearly an hour for the actor to return to Chicago courthouse to hear the jury’s guilty verdict.  

For Smollett, the verdict is the final chapter in the made-for-tv saga that jurors found Smollett not just starred in, but directed from start to finish when he asked two men to “fake beat him up,” gave them a script of homophobic and racist slurs to deliver and selected a stage for the phony beatdown that he thought was in direct view of surveillance cameras. 

Jurors heard six days of testimony from 13 witnesses and deliberated for less than 10 hours. In the absence of smoking gun evidence, the trial in Chicago criminal court came down to whose story was more believable: Smollett’s, or Abimbola and Olabinjo Osundairo’s.  

The defense vehemently maintained Smollett was the victim of a real hate crime and called the brothers “sophisticated liars and criminals,” who later offered to recant their story and “tell the truth” in exchange for $2 million. 

“He’s dumb enough to go into Obama’s city and pretend there’s Trump supporters running around with MAGA hats? Give me a break,” defense attorney Nenye Uche told jurors in his closing arguments

“The brothers were like wolves disguised as sheep in the hen house.” 

Prosecutors, however, said Smollett exploited tense race relations for his own gain and paid the Osundairos $3,500 to stage the attack so he could get attention.

“It’s clearly a violation of the law to go to the police and report to police a fake crime and tell police it’s a real crime,” special prosecutor Dan Webb told the jury.

“To outright denigrate something as serious, as heinous, as a real hate crime, to denigrate it and then make sure it involved words and symbols that have such horrible historical significance in our country was just plain wrong to do it and he did.”

The two brothers, who’d known the former “Empire” actor for about a year and a half prior to the hoax, both delivered hours-long testimonies as the prosecution’s star witnesses. Abimbola, 28, told jurors that he and Smollett met at a club in the fall of 2017 and soon became so close, he considered the actor to be a “brother.” 

The actor was originally charged with staging a hate crime in February 2019 but in a stunning reversal, Chicago prosecutors dropped all charges against him after he agreed to forfeit a $10,000 bond and showed proof that he’d completed two days of community service. 

In the backdrop of Smollett’s failed performance as a hate crime victim, scandal soon engulfed Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx, who was widely criticized for the move and was later found to have made a series of unethical blunders in her handling of the case. 

A former state appellate judge, Sheila O’Brien, managed to convince a judge that a special prosecutor was needed to investigate the office’s handling of the case and in a scathing ruling that summer, Judge Michael Toomin agreed, and declared Foxx’s case was void from start to finish. 

Toomin later appointed Webb as special prosecutor, who brought renewed charges against Smollett in February 2020.

The actor faces up to three years in jail for the crimes."

metmike: Read the entire article at the link above.

By mcfarm - Dec. 10, 2021, 7:07 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLx5OY21Bk   I doubt many are aware just how far the media went in pushing the false Smollet narrative. Robin Roberts makes millions/year being called a journalist for ABC. Well just watch this clip of how she handled the Smollet hoax and prepare to vomit as you watch in disbelief.