Twitter bans Greene account for COVID misinformation
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 3, 2022, 5:53 p.m.

Twitter permanently bans Marjorie Taylor Greene account for COVID misinformation

The Georgia Republican's personal account was banned for repeated violations of Twitter's policies.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/twitter-permanently-bans-marjorie-taylor-greene-account-for-covid-misinformation/

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 3, 2022, 6:02 p.m.
Like Reply

The misinformation pandemic is out of control, but there's a fix

https://www.cnet.com/news/misinformation-is-a-pandemic-that-doesnt-have-a-vaccine/   

Here's why the war on facts will get worse, but there's also a way out of the madness.

Conspiracy theories and misinformation about QAnon, COVID-19 and 2020 election fraud took a deadly turn in 2021. As bad as things were last year, experts worry it'll get worse in 2022.

"I think we're going to see an acceleration and expansion of the conspiracy theories," said Mike Caulfield, research scientist at the University of Washington Center for an Informed Public. "They're going to go bigger, they are going to play even more loosely with the truth."

This expected ramp-up could mean a widening divide among Americans, more outlandish ideas being shared and, as shown in this past year, potentially more lost lives. We'll see a real-world test of how bad this could get with the approach of the 2022 midterm elections, around which misinformation peddlers are expected to continue their onslaught on the truth. 

metmike: I spent more time fact checking/correcting false statements, busting conspiracy theories and busting DIS/MIS information on MarketForum in 2021 than I did anything else by a wide margin. It finally stopped being a daily chore that required hours to address when Gunter and cfdr stopped coming here. 

Neither of them are permanently banned at this time but if they come back and act like before.......that will change.

I've always been against censorship of opinions  expressed with sincerity that don't violate others or language standards.

We all live and some of us learn along the way. I learned in 2021 that the standards of censorship have changed as they had to in order to address use of DISinformation to brainwash and kill people.

As recently as 2020, I never would have imagined this. Nobody could have.

Tens of thousands of Americans, many more republicans but blacks have also taken a toll died because of MISinformation that they believed about the COVID vaccination and COVID. 

They ones objecting the strongest to censorship are, as you would expect, the ones that WANT TO READ AND HEAR the censored MISinformation. It's that exact same group that is vulnerable and being targeted. Of course it is.

It would be as if heroin had been legal and then we banned it/made it illegal. The addicts of heroin killing themselves would be affected the most and object the most.

People that believe the MISinformation that gets censored are always the most upset because they see MISinformation as part of defining their belief system...........and in the case of COVID vaccine MISinformation...........killed 10's of thousands of them in 2021.

It's the world we live in here in 2022 and it's worked so dang well in 2021 with the believers that there is no reason to think it will not get worse.

MIS/DIS information is not just about COVID. It  100% CAUSED the Insurrection(and the  dangerous, anti Constituion, anti democracy Insurrection mentality lives on in the minds of many 10's of millions of republican minds today because of the MISinformation feeding it)  It played a major role in the Summer riots of 2020, though that MISinformation was condoned and framed as standing up for civil rights.

It totally defined the Mueller investigation from start to fruadulent finish and that DISinformation was useful to target an enemy, so it was condoned too.

I spent many dozens of hours vigorously busting the Mueller investigation DISinformation and riots too but never imagined, that DISinformation would KILL tens of thousands of Americans in 2021. That takes the importance of censorship to another level. 

Captured brains            

14 responses |         

Started by metmike - April 10, 2021, 12:32 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67714/