Tom Brady retires
25 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 30, 2022, 1:01 a.m.

Tom Brady retiring after 22 seasons, seven Super Bowl wins with New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, sources say

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33173652/tom-brady-retiring-22-seasons-seven-super-bowl-wins-new-england-patriots-tampa-bay-buccaneers-sources-say

Comments
By mcfarm - Feb. 1, 2022, 7:57 a.m.
Like Reply

sorry this is not true, Brady thru a hissy fit after the media faked his retirement so this should be retracted

By wglassfo - Feb. 1, 2022, 11:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Uh Mike

Check your never wrong major reliable news sources

CNN just announced 57 minutes plus ago that Tom Brady announced his retirement in an instagram message

What is your source???

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2022, 1:22 p.m.
Like Reply

"What is your source???"

Wayne,

I posted an article from ESPN to start the thread(with no comments from me).........you can't make the connection? ESPN was the source!

Since when does a person actually post nothing but the source, does it result in another person saying "what is your source"

"sorry this is not true, Brady thru a hissy fit after the media faked his retirement so this should be retracted"

mcfarm,

So that your brain can interpret the information, I'll use a source that you will accept saying the same thing:

FOX NEWS

OK mcfarm, your brain should be turned on now:

Tom Brady makes it official, retires from NFL after 22 years

Brady said it's 'best I leave the field of play to the next generation of dedicated and committed athletes'

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-official-retires-nfl-22-years

I've been trying to help you guys to free your brains from being captured by the far right..........but your response has been to actually oppose my attempts and do the exact opposite of every shred of advise..............defend the cult and its leaders even more vehemently and totally imagine things that are not happening.

In the real world, we refer to this as delusional.

All I can do is repeat the good advice that you continue to oppose:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77019/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/

By wglassfo - Feb. 1, 2022, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Uh Mike

Sports Illustrated announced Tom Brady retirement

By mcfarm - Feb. 1, 2022, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Brady has thrown another hissy and now today at noon he says he has retired. Not a good look for maybe the goat of all time to go out looking like a media whore

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2022, 1:43 p.m.
Like Reply

(-:

By wglassfo - Feb. 1, 2022, 1:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Well: now we know for sure Tom Brady has retired

Zero Hedge with their impeccable sources told the world Tom Brady announced his retirement  And by golly they do good reporting

One difference is they say Brady made the announcement on Twitter

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2022, 2:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Good one Wayne.

Maybe if you repeat it enough here(half dozen times the last few days), which is what people in a cult do to keep the brainwash going, then you can help reinforce the brainwash in others practicing group think/tribal thinking.

What won't happen, sadly for you guys is that you won't turn MarketForum into a far right echo chamber.

This is dedicated to you Wayne:

"Zero Hedge with their impeccable sources.............by golly they do good reporting."

"Zero Hedge with their impeccable sources.............by golly they do good reporting."

Again, for you too Wayne, we are past having a debate on this issue...........I'm analyzing your behavior.

By mcfarm - Feb. 1, 2022, 6:06 p.m.
Like Reply

what the hell does my brain have anything to do with this? Talk down to people much MM? You are the one who used a source with bad info. Brady did in fact not retire when your and you by extension said he did. He did in fact not retire until the instagram he sent that announced his retirement. I do not how any source could announce your retirement until you officially announce your retirement. That is not possible and inaccurate to do so. And the audacity of that stunt is what Brady was so upset about.

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2022, 7 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

I posted a link to a story from ESPN sports on Sunday and you guys came looking for trouble.

And Wayne has become obsessed with attacking me and promoting Zero Hedge, the last several days....because I proved them to be a source of conspiracy theories and DISinformation. 

I'm trying to promote good values, honesty, authentic science, reliable information, cooperation,  learning and helping other human beings/love and discouraging DISinformation, conspiracy theories, intolerance of others, hate, discrimination, group think and tribalism based on political divisiveness. 

Please tell me what it is about your behavior/posts recently that lines up with the objectives  above because what I see is the exact polar opposite.........with a constant, arrogant defense of it every time I try to help you and attacking me over it instead of learning anything.

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2022, 7:12 p.m.
Like Reply

I watch Fox news and check out many of the far right sites. I know exactly where you are getting this mentality from. Exactly!

And it's getting worse!

The question is.............do you want to be better than this?

If you do.... trying to adjust your mentality is not easy. It doesn't happen overnight but if you keep going to far right sites..........it just keeps going the wrong way.

It's actually a choice that we can all make. We all have more power to change ourselves and to create happiness in the lives of people that we touch.........more than we think. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77019/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/

By mcfarm - Feb. 1, 2022, 7:36 p.m.
Like Reply

sorry but I disagree. "You guys came looking for trouble" I came with facts, no innuendo I hav reread what I posted an there is not one thing that is see s offensive such as a comment about your brain. If you would like to point where I erred I will gladly take it down and apologize. In fact as I reread I see where I never addressed you except when I factually stated that source and you by extension were wrong....and you were. Is that offensive in some way?

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2022, 8:01 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

For the umpteenth time in recent weeks, you guys keep thinking that you are in debates with me on some of the silliest things  and trying your best to win and prove that you're right.............I've gone on to  analyzing your behavior (as a scientist) and as a human being that cares for other people.....making positive/contructive suggestions to help you to be a better person........which is why I'm here.

By mcfarm - Feb. 1, 2022, 8:44 p.m.
Like Reply

well ok then , that sure answers my questions

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2022, 9:08 p.m.
Like Reply

And Wayne, 

No matter how many threads you start with Zero Hedge in the title and how many times you cheer lead for them with comments like those above to draw attention to that site as being great and no matter how many times you call the moderator "pathetic" and having a problem for trying to help to open your eyes............you can't make the facts or reality go away......or the fact that it's destroying many of the things in you that I'm trying to develop in a positive way as a human being.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/80894/#80963

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/80990/#81001

So you can spend your time obsessed with promoting Zero Hedge here using words and some of their legit articles if you want....by I will use the facts to show who they really are.

Your the guy pushing Zero Hedge dude, I'm just responding and analyzing your behavior.........which is patholigical in nature. 

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2022, 9:35 p.m.
Like Reply

Conservatives’ susceptibility to political misperceptions            

Started by metmike - Feb. 1, 2022, 9:31 p.m. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/81211/

By joj - Feb. 2, 2022, 10:58 a.m.
Like Reply

MM,

I know you attempted to make this a thread about Tom Brady and it got hijacked into a thread about sources etc...

I will attempt to get back to your original post.

I was never a big fan of Brady, even as I recognize that he is the Greatest QB of all time. I just didn't like him beating the team that I was rooting for all the time.

But today I became an admirer.  I liked that he didn't announce "this will be my last year".   That is the sort of thing that athletes who want attention do.

And while we are on the GOAT theme....  There is no debate about best QB ever.  The discussion should turn toward who is the greatest athlete of all time in any sport.  And the nominees are:

Babe Ruth

Michael Jordan (Bill Russel)

Wayne Gretsky

Muhammed Ali

Tom Brady.

Am I forgetting someone?

I'm kind of leaning toward Babe Ruth since he was the first national sports hero (I think).

By mcfarm - Feb. 2, 2022, 11:05 a.m.
Like Reply

that is a hell of a list.....who could quibble? but maybe Pele or Richard Childress

By joj - Feb. 2, 2022, 1:13 p.m.
Like Reply

How could I forget Pele?

By metmike - Feb. 2, 2022, 1:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Wonderful turning this into a productive post joj!

I agree completely with you and mcfarms additions!!

By WxFollower - Feb. 3, 2022, 3:12 p.m.
Like Reply

joj,

Good list. But you’re forgetting golf, tennis, and bowling GOATS, among other sports. Any picks for those from you or anyone else? Thank you in advance.

By metmike - Feb. 3, 2022, 3:35 p.m.
Like Reply

There should be 2 categories.

1.  Top US sports legends

2. Top WORLD sports legends.

Pele would not rank that high in #1 but would very high for #2.

Ali would be near the top for #1 but is by himself at the top for #2 because he had many fights OUTSIDE the US and was revered by some of his fans like no other sports idol in history. His incredible charisma and showmanship was probably ranked at the top too........in a sport that allowed him to showcase it.

Here's an interesting summary of all of Ali's fights and it's worth reading.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2016/06/04/muhammad-ali-fight-by-fight-career/85341622/

By metmike - Feb. 3, 2022, 4:01 p.m.
Like Reply

In the US, I would go with joj's pick just because Ruth, for his time was so dominant for so long. He was also more dominant/greater than Ali was in his sport but I doubt the world followed Ruth anything like they worshiped Ali.

He was hitting as many home runs as some entire teams combined for years.

It's hard to wrap our mind around how profound that was/is!

There isn't a comparable dominating stat from anybody in any sport. Unless you guys know of one.

Tim Kurkjian Baseball Fix: Babe Ruth hit more home runs than entire teams

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29187218/tim-kurkjian-baseball-fix-babe-ruth-hit-more-home-runs-entire-teams

"There's only one greatest player ever,'' said Paul Richards, who spent 55 years in the game, "and it's Babe Ruth.''

Ruth was the first to hit 30, 40, 50 and 60 homers in a season. In 1921, he hit his 137th home run, passing Roger Connor as the all-time home run king: the next 577 only added to his record. When he retired with 714 home runs, no one in the game had half that many. In certain seasons, he hit more home runs than complete teams, from 1926 to 1932, he out-homered the Washington Senators, 343-327. Ruth finished with a career slugging percentage of .690. No active player has ever had a single-season slugging percentage of .690.

But Ruth was more than a slugger even though movies made about him depict him as a non-athletic clown; they turned the greatest player of all time into a cartoon character. Ruth was a great athlete. He was a great basketball player, quick and agile for a big man, He could run; he had 136 triples, more than any active player, and 130 more than Mark McGwire. Plus, Ruth was the best left-handed pitcher in the AL when he decided to become only a hitter. Ruth's record for scoreless innings (29⅔) in World Series play lasted nearly 42 years. Ruth still has as many career shutouts as Pedro Martinez (17)."

By metmike - Feb. 3, 2022, 4:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Obviously Tom Brady was the greatest football player ever.

Being a UM grad, I watched him play at Michigan but he was not a starter until his Junior year, 1998 and senior year 1999.

That's because Michigan had Brian Griese starting in 95-97. In  96(National Champs) and 97, Brady was a red shirt freshman and sophomore. He joined the team in 95.

Their current coach Jim Harbaugh was quarterback in the mid 80's.

http://mwolverine.com/Michigan_Quarterbacks.html

By metmike - Feb. 3, 2022, 4:20 p.m.
Like Reply

One of the most amazing things was Brady's longevity at the top. Not many in a team sport like that. Ruth and his Yankees were in that class.

One of the best parts about it is that we all got to watch him play and follow his career during our life time and can review and analyze it by accessing massive sources...........then discuss it for fun/socializing and learning on the internet.

Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. (born August 3, 1977) is a former American football quarterback who played in the National Football League (NFL) for 22 seasons. He spent his first 20 seasons with the New England Patriots, where he was a central contributor to the franchise's dynasty from 2001 to 2019. In his final two seasons, he was a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Brady is widely regarded as the greatest quarterback of all time.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brady