Impeach Biden?
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Feb. 11, 2022, 3:58 a.m.

There is actually a house resolution to impeach Biden.   Do I support such a move?  Not at this point.  I think there needs to actually be real evidence (not allegations and conjecture) of a crime and I really don't want to see impeachment further reduced to political gamemanship, a campaign tool.  But as the dems have launched efforts to impeach every pub since Ike, with the exception of Ford, I can understand the motivation even if I don't condone it.

In the very likely event that pubs take control of the House and Senate in November, this may very likely become a reality. I do hope there is a serious investigation first, and I think it's very likely that Biden and family would not stand up well to a serious inquiry.  Can you imagine Biden handling an interogation in his current state?  Purjury traps would be all too easy.   I hope it doesn't sink to that level.

Now, on another note..  The entertainment value of watching the reaction of the dems/MSM will be worth the price of admission.   But!!!!!.  We will enter an era where anytime opposition holds the House and Senate, the oppposition executive will be impeached.   I'd rather not have it come to that.  What a waste of time and resource. 

BTW,  the current gounds, "Abuse of Power" in and of itself, is a meaningless charge with no basis in law..   But we do now have a precedent,  don't we.  Shall we throw in another meaningless charge like "Obstruction of Congress"?

How sad.  It's really time for a third party.   Both of the ones we have are reaching new levels of dysfunction and I am so tired of being forced to chose between the lesser of two evils, particularly when that line blurs more with each day.

Text - H.Res.57 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Impeaching Joseph R. Biden, President of the United States, for abuse of power by enabling bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors. | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

Comments
By bear - Feb. 18, 2022, 12:08 a.m.
Like Reply

also ask yourself... would you rather have harris as prez ?  

By metmike - Feb. 18, 2022, 1:27 a.m.
Like Reply

Wonderful point bear!

And exactly what has Biden done by way of high crimes, misdemeanors, bribery or treason?