We're back up!
7 responses | 1 like
Started by metmike - March 2, 2022, 11:15 a.m.

We should be up indefinitely!

Comments
By Jim_M - March 2, 2022, 8:01 p.m.
Like Reply

The site might be up, but that trip to the matt has it woozy.  It took me forever to get logged in.  

By metmike - March 2, 2022, 8:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Jim,

I've been posting about that numerous times the last few months.

Somebody(s) has been attacking this site since late last year, especially in the evening.

Delays of up to a minute are common. 

I brought this to the attention of our tech several times and found out that the lack of response was from them no longer serving us.

In fact, that's what took us off line yesterday. The previous owner vanished back in 2019 and nobody's heard from her. No response to my emails too. 

I've been advising others all year that whoever wants us gone with this attack is meeting no resistance because there's not a thing that I can do.

Sorry, man. Appreciate your patience.

I'll bring it up to the tech again, since they allowed us to go back online earlier today.

By metmike - March 2, 2022, 8:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Interestingly though, Jim, for me, our site has been responding that best that it has all year for this time of day!

By 7475 - March 2, 2022, 9:21 p.m.
Like Reply

After a few of your heads ups ,mm, I thought for sure it was curtains for market forum.

I started the grieving process immediately.

I have not a clue how this site hosting works.

I experiance delays more in the evening but thats mostly the time im on,

John

By metmike - March 2, 2022, 10:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks John,

Actually, I was convinced that it was over too and was ready to go on with my life.........and received this surprise message(that I sent to tallpine).

No answers to my questions or details.....just this response.

3-1-22 Mike: Can anybody please explain to me what's going?

3-2-22: The Domain and website have expired due to non payment.  

XXXXXXXX Computer has suspended all services.

Mike: Can you tell me what payments are due and for what please?

And also what the contract terms are?

Hi Mike, We were able to resolve this, as you can see the site is back up.

That's all that I know!

I've not gotten a response from Kate McCullum in almost 3 years and even the company that was running ad's quit us awhile ago because she did not respond and I didn't have the info they needed.

By Jim_M - March 3, 2022, 1:12 p.m.
Like Reply

It's much better today.  Per lack of response. I've noticed that the ads have stopped.  

By metmike - March 3, 2022, 1:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Our ad company quit us a month ago because Kate McCallum hasn't responded since 2019 and I don't own the site.....can't provide the needed information.

So her monthly checks from the ads will be stopping too.

This is the message that everyone was getting on Tuesday/early Wednesday before we came back online.

I honestly have no idea how things were resolved but it's interesting, that for the first time in many months, since we came back online, the huge lag in response time was not there(yesterday evening).

I have my strong suspicions but can't share them with anybody, unfortunately and can never prove it.