The Hispanic Demographic is switching votes to Republicans
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - May 12, 2022, 12:11 p.m.

Democrats still hold an edge, tho dramatically reduced since the 2020 elections.

Should the trend continue, I predict two things will happen.

1.) Dems will become border security hawks.

2.)  They will pretend they've been very strong on border security all along.

GOP makes gains among Hispanic voters since 2020 election (nypost.com)

The Republican Party has made massive gains among Hispanic voters since the 2020 presidential election, cutting the Democratic advantage by nearly 20 percent, according to a new survey.

Comments
By metmike - May 15, 2022, 7:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Interesting to show all the images of  "Latino's for Trump"

The democrats know that there only hope is Trump.

In 2020, there were many more NEVER Trumpsters than there were for Joe Biden voters. It's exactly how Biden got his legit win.

In 2022, there are many, MANY more NEVER Trumpsters than there are for Joe Biden voters and now MANY NEVER Biden voters.

The democrats WANT the focus to be on Trump. He's their biggest gift and only chance.

Oddly enough, half the republicans just don't get it and continue to think Trump should have won but was robbed  and want him back.

He lost for a reason and that reason is still there. 

The republicans should absolutely be focused on Biden's many failures. Some not his fault that he made worse, some his fault.

The D's want to keep Trump as the focus instead and the R's are very happy fall into that trap and to engage in order to defend him.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let's say you and me were having a debate about what the sum of 5 + 5 is.

You say it's 10, I claim it's 9.

As long as I insist it's 9, you can go on endlessly to make me look bad for insisting it's 9 by showing it's 10.

You can even show the same evidence and I can say.......so what, you already showed that but I always look bad, you always look good because most people know that its 10.

However, the moment I agree completely and say ok, 5+5 really is =10, then, even if you say, oh yeah, well here's even more evidence that 5+5=10, then I simply agree with that too and everything else that you claim supports 5+5=10.

Then, my position of 5+5=9 goes away and I'm not losing anymore because I AGREE WITH YOU!

Just agree with the evidence and stop fighting it or trying to show they are using it for political means(of course they are, republicans DID THIS). 

To disarm them...........just agree because everybody knows that the Insurrection was a bad thing and if your position is to disagree on any level with an investigation.........you are taking on a 5+5=9 mentality that will lose every single time.

They want you to battle over this. You are playing THEIR game.

This is NOT about just agreeing that the Insurrection was bad and then everybody goes forward and forgets about it. That is not one of the choices, so stop wishing for that and insisting that's how it should be.

The democrats WILL do an investigation to capitalize on the republicans being responsible for Jan 6th.

The choices are:

1. Battle with them about whether they should be doing an investigation and live in a wishful existence and since there WILL BE an investigation no matter what,  always lose.

2. Defend some of the characters that played key roles in the Insurrection and take the 5+5=9 position, which loses every time.

3. Agree with them on most of it and be seen as stating 5+5=10. Impossible to do in today's politically divisive environent but this would take away their biggest advantage and the perception that they are uncovering evidence of crimes and you are blocking/covering up evidence. Like it or not, this is a fact. 

By TimNew - May 16, 2022, 7:10 a.m.
Like Reply

Your "Never Trumper" assumptions are not backed up by current polls.  Yeah,  Biden is that bad.

Personally,  I hope Trump doesn't  run,  but if it's a choice betweem him and Biden,  or him and Kamala, my decision will be quite clear. 

RealClearPolitics - Election 2024 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

By metmike - May 16, 2022, 12:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks. I completely understand your reasoning Tim and explained mine. 

Discussing a different element to choosing candidates:

I would be flabbergasted if the D's run Biden/Harris. Would think that even Hillary would do better but Mr. or Mrs. Nobody/Mr. or Mrs. Nobody would do much better than Biden/Harris.

Think of the almost unlimited ammo the Rs would have to obliterate Biden/Harris.

More than any other sitting administration.........by a wide margin.

In this age, campaigning against the negatives of your opponent is often most successful and when vetting a candidate to represent a position like this one, will be one of or the MOST important factors.

This is exactly, by far the main reason why Trump lost in 2020! It sure wasn't Biden's positive traits/agenda. 

This is exactly why Clinton lost in 2016.

A non Biden/Harris team will not have the specific performance on the job, crushing negatives. 

Trump's negatives GREW after the 2020 election in the eyes of anybody that DID NOT vote for him..........which was MORE people than who voted for him and the reason that he lost.

By metmike - May 16, 2022, 12:23 p.m.
Like Reply

So it seems hard to imagine that each party will run the candidates from their party with the most negatives in the age of negatives being the reason for losing in the last 2 elections.

By TimNew - May 16, 2022, 2:45 p.m.
Like Reply

I've always been amazed that in a country of 300 million,    this is the best we can do.

I seldom vote for the eventual front runner in the primaries, where even the best of that group falls short. 

I realize/suspect the best of us steer clear of political careers for a number of reasons, but geeezzz.  Trump/CLinton/Biden/Sanders/etc etc is the best we can come up with?

By metmike - May 16, 2022, 3:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Agree strongly Tim.

There are lots of reasons for it and one of them is that honest people, know that to win you have to play very dishonest games.

To appeal to mostly one side and vilify/attack the other side.