Biden says US willing to use force to defend Taiwan.
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by cutworm - May 23, 2022, 11:51 a.m.
Comments
By metmike - May 23, 2022, 12:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks cutworm!

I certainly don't support that policy. Other views?

By cutworm - May 23, 2022, 12:31 p.m.
Like Reply

It could have repercussions for a lot of markets including grains and industry in general. Even if it doesn't come to war. I hope and pray no war.

By WxFollower - May 23, 2022, 1:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Fwiw in case y'all aren't aware, the WHouse claims he didn't mean troops. It would be military equipment:

"White House officials later said that Biden simply meant the US would provide military equipment to Taiwan, not send troops to defend the island if China attacks, which would constitute a landmark shift in policy."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-23/biden-says-us-military-will-defend-taiwan-from-any-china-attack?cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=business

I'm not defending Biden because it does appear his lowering cognitive level lead to him apparently misspeaking.

I hate seeing this more than anything else because it gives Trump and his followers more political ammunition, the last thing I want obviously.

By mcfarm - May 23, 2022, 1:42 p.m.
Like Reply

that last thing you want??? Really. And you have had fifty years of Biden mistakes, misspeaks, lies, cheating, graft and all the rest and yet just who again did you pull that voting level for??? I think maybe you got exactly what you knew Biden was and is and to hell with America.

By WxFollower - May 23, 2022, 1:44 p.m.
Like Reply

mc,

Absolutely. Unlike the bumbling Biden, I did NOT misspeak! 

By mcfarm - May 23, 2022, 2:14 p.m.
Like Reply

so absolutely you got what you expected? Wow that is something to talk about right there, You want to start with oil, the boarder, Afghan, supply chain, shutting down the economy, firing millions from their jobs? Where? You just pick a spot and we will discuss any of these great policy decision

But MM is gonna want it down in ntr

By WxFollower - May 23, 2022, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Mc,

Not what I expected but still better than the alternative by a very wide margin.

By MarkB - May 23, 2022, 3:50 p.m.
Like Reply

As my dad used to say, "Some people just can't stand prosperity."

By metmike - May 23, 2022, 4:50 p.m.
Like Reply

My dad didn't just say but he consistently demonstrated with his examples/actions that honor, integrity, honesty, family and helping others is worth more than all the money/prosperity in the world.

By bear - May 30, 2022, 12:05 p.m.
Like Reply

even if some in washington feel that way,  maybe he should not have said it the way he did.  

in the end it should be up to Congress to decide if we get into a war or not.  

btw, this is also one of my complaints about bush/cheney.  congress should Not just let a prez start a war where ever he wants.  congress should go into session, debate, and declare war.