dear Larry listen to this
18 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - May 26, 2022, 9:22 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1cQqz0YUN4  joManchin [dem] is shocked and if this does not show what Biden is up to with Obama's guidance and Biden people are so feckless they do not know what the hell they are doing in any damn department....do you really not know what this kind of silliness does to markets?

Comments
By WxFollower - May 27, 2022, 2:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, mc, for the link. Senator Manchin was impressive in his questioning of Sec. Haaland and it looks like he caught her off guard. I also liked that he did this aggressively but still in a respectable manner. Here was the key portion from my perspective:

"Chairman Manchin also criticized the Administration’s failure to announce a new 5-Year federal offshore leasing program in a timely manner.

'[A timely announcement] would’ve sent a clear signal that you’re looking at what’s going to ensure that we can continue to provide for ourselves in America, including with the cleanest energy coming from the Gulf. But we’re getting this at the last possible minute, knowing that there’s other steps to go through. This gives us no security and the timing is not right. [The Department took] as long as it possibly could,” Chairman Manchin said. “We understand that we’re in challenging times right now but we’ve got to send a clear signal that we can take care of ourselves in the United States.'"

https://www.energy.senate.gov/2022/5/manchin-raises-concerns-with-biden-administration-s-approach-to-federal-oil-and-gas-leasing-program

MetMike and others, do you agree that Manchin handled this well, including doing it with respect (that's how you win and attract supporters to your side of a debate), and that he made a great point?

I have to admit a bias in that Manchin is one of my favorite Dems due to being independently minded and moderate overall thus making it difficult to predict where he'll be on many issues. We need more folks like him who aren't a slave to a tribe and are willing to use their own brain. I like Reps Cheney and Kinzinger for similar reasons.

By metmike - May 27, 2022, 3:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Agree Larry!

Manchin is a dem that understands the reality of fossil fuels 

A rare breed today……because fossil fuels are important  to his state. 

By WxFollower - May 27, 2022, 3:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

It isn't just that from my perspective. I also liked that despite his impressive aggressiveness, he maintained civility in his delivery. He didn't come across as a jerk.

Edit: Why does the topic list show mcfarm as having made the last post in this thread when it is this one from me? That's weird! I assume that will change with the next post. But before anyone else posts in this, check out what I'm talking about in the topic list.

By metmike - May 27, 2022, 5:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Larry, if it showed the last post from mcfarm, even though his post was much earlier,  it can sometime mean that he went in and edited something in a previous thread....but not always.

I do that dozens of times a day because I type like a madman, then sent it without proofreading.

Then, at some point after that, I will read it over and see lots of grammar or other types of mistakes and fix them.  Sometimes that will bump up a later post to the latest post based on making a change but other times, it has no affect.

After experiencing this many hundreds of times, I really am not sure why its just sometimes and can't say this is what happened now, unless mcfarm says he changed something.

For me, if I change something that strongly changes the original meaning, I will  put that added section in bold letters and often, if its more than a few minutes later use edit or addition in front of that portion.

I try at all cost to never be having a discussion about a point, then to change the point to avoid being accountable for making it.  I could change my mind and note that but never pretend I never had a point if somebody corrected me. 

In this case, if mcfarm changed something that we all agree with it wouldn't make sense for him to be trying to alter his original point for anything other than doing what I do.

I usually pay extremely close attention to specific points that posters make here........not to catch them trying to change stuff but because the exact verbiage is what I respond too.

I have never noted anybody changing points for any reason other than you doing it and marking it edit, so that you are totally transparent, as I try to be too.

So let's just ask mcfarm.

What did you change in the original post?

By WxFollower - May 27, 2022, 6:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

I don't think that is the explanation because I went in and did several edits to my last post and every time the list still kept showing mcfarm as the last poster in the thread. I bet it is some kind of weird quirk in the software for this forum. I don't think mcfarm changed his post today.

Edit: And now it correctly has me as the last poster after previously having you as the last poster. No big deal. It is just an interesting weird thing.

By mcfarm - May 27, 2022, 6:28 p.m.
Like Reply

yes MM is correct. I forgot the word "know" in the original and corrected that

By metmike - May 27, 2022, 7:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Like I explained earlier Larry, sometimes I can make edits and it makes that post the last one. Other times I make edits and it makes no difference.

I've literally made thousands of edits in the last 4 years here and still can't figure out a pattern.

mcfarm just confirmed it exactly and I do this all the time.

What will happen alot with me, is that while I'm making the spelling or grammar correction/edit, I  decide to add something to make it more accurate but realize if I add it there, nobody will see it because they read that post already and THEN decide to start a new post at the bottom of the thread pile, with the added thought...........so the edit won't make a difference because the new post determines that I will be the last poster.

edit: In the last 2 minutes, I went back to this thread 2 times and added a couple of words that I forgot to put in the first time. It's a habit for me. I will type the post, submit it, then for the first time proof read it. 

So I might actually find one mistake right away with the 1st proof read, change it and submit it THEN finish proof reading it. 

Additional edit: If somebody posts right after my first post, and I'm doing the proof reading, I might show up after them. 

Normally, I might not have put the edit or Additional edit in, if I add them within a couple of minutes to the original post.

Additional, Additional edit: I went in and put the Additional edit in bold.

It's a wonderful way to correct spelling and grammar and add/take away things, whiile staying honest. Funny thing is that I email back and forth with my family and I am in the habit of doing this. So I have to remember to pay closer attention to what goes out because its final every time.

My family already knows that I'm crazy but from this habit,  I will sometimes sent 3 email responses to the same topic in a few minutes before getting a response, instead of putting it all down in the first email. 

By WxFollower - May 27, 2022, 7:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

Although weird, I follow what you're saying: an edit by someone can sometimes cause that person to appear in the list to be the "last poster" when it isn't the last post. In this case, mcfarm adding the word "know" and that supposedly made him the "last poster". But here's where I get confused: after mcfarm made that edit, I made several edits on the last post of the thread and it still had mcfarm as the "last poster". But then when Mike posted after me, it correctly made Mike the "last poster." Does that make sense?

I probably should let this go. Sorry to the forum!

Anyway, Manchin did very well and he's one of my favorite Senators!

By metmike - May 28, 2022, 2:06 a.m.
Like Reply

Larry,

Like I said 2 other times, out of the countless posts that I've made edits on, some cause the post to show up as the last post, while other don't any affect........and I have no idea why.

Maybe I just wasn't being clear because I ramble a great deal at times.

Sometimes I can change a lot and it doesn't change. Other times, like with mcfarm's post, he added 1 word and it changed to being listed as the last post.

That has happened many hundreds of times.

It will be strangest if I'm going back a year, to find a thread to support something new with old information and I notice a small error that I made in one of the posts, so I correct it.

Then, suddenly it pops up at the top of the thread list, even though the last post was a year ago!

Other times, there's no change to the order and it's still buried with a years worth of threads ahead of it.

I like Manchin a great deal too.

Many decades ago, we had quite a few like that in Congress.

By mcfarm - May 28, 2022, 7:12 a.m.
Like Reply

Larry, I wanted to see the video to help expose what a disaster most every Biden pick has been, not to show what a great guy Manchin is. I wanted your opinion on the mess in every single department and what every department is doing to our markets and our country. This video is a microcosm of what goes on every day in DC, do not see that?

By WxFollower - May 28, 2022, 10:58 p.m.
Like Reply

mc said: 

"Larry, I wanted to see the video to help expose what a disaster most every Biden pick has been, not to show what a great guy Manchin is. I wanted your opinion on the mess in every single department and what every department is doing to our markets and our country. This video is a microcosm of what goes on every day in DC, do not see that?"

------------------------------

mc,

Assuming this is what goes on every day in DC/what goes on in every department:

1. Why do you think that is the case? What is the cause(s) that every single department is a mess?

2. What are some things that you think can be done to try to reduce this problem and why do you think those things would help?

Thanks.

By WxFollower - May 30, 2022, 2:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Just following up with mcfarm in case he missed this because in his last post he wanted my thoughts about the mess in all federal departments as he put it. This thread clearly showed the mess in the Department of the Interior and I concurred. I'd like to know what is the best solution(s) to this problem from his perspective since he said there's a problem in ALL departments. I like to see actual solutions as opposed to just saying there's a widespread problem without giving the cause and ways to correct it since that doesn't solve anything:

1. Why do you think that is the case? What is the cause(s) that every single department is a mess?

2. What are some things that you think can be done to try to reduce this problem and why do you think those things would help?

Thanks.

By TimNew - May 31, 2022, 7:05 a.m.
Like Reply

Not McFarm,   but IMO, the main problem is that Biden et.al. are using the wrong criteria for appointments.

Instead of going with the most qualified, assuming Biden et'al. have any idea what qualifies anyone for anything, they are using politically correct criteria.

"We need a gay transgender for this position".

"We need a black female for this position".

Etc, Etc. 

So we end up with underqualified or totally unqualified people in important positions

The sollution is pretty obvious.  

By cutworm - May 31, 2022, 7:34 a.m.
Like Reply

The first problem is the policy. In this case the NO fossil fuel policy. Needs changed NOW. Then there is what Tim said, which is another policy that needs changed. Then there is the constant coverup. It's all Trumps, or Putin's fault  ect. Better communication from "our leader", constantly saying something then the white house press, 'walks it back"

These are just some examples.

JMHO

By metmike - May 31, 2022, 11:43 a.m.
Like Reply

These are great points with specifics that ring true.

The anti American agenda(especially fossil fuels/energy), lying/manufactured realities and cover ups for a confused president couldn't be more blatantly obvious.

And the consequences more clear. .........to those looking.

This is why the dems will be obliterated in many elections for the rest of the year.

Speaking of which (thanks to bear for finding this for us):

https://iemweb.biz.uiowa.edu/

US Congressional Control Market

PricesDaily Price Graph                    Market Overview                

Daily Price Graph

By WxFollower - June 2, 2022, 10:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim said in response to my questions:

"Instead of going with the most qualified, assuming Biden et'al. have any idea what qualifies anyone for anything, they are using politically correct criteria.

'We need a gay transgender for this position'.

'We need a black female for this position'.

Etc, Etc. 

So we end up with underqualified or totally unqualified people in important positions

The sollution is pretty obvious."

------------------------------------

Tim,

I agree with your point. Whereas I'm very much in favor of inclusiveness/diversity and getting the perspective in an organization (Biden admin in this case) from people of different backgrounds, races, religions, sexual preferences, etc, I think it is more important to strive to get the most qualified for each position regardless of one's group-based "identity". I even questioned Biden deciding in advance that he'd pick a Black female for the SC. Whereas I'm happy that a Black lady has finally made it to the SC and he very well may have picked the most qualified in going this route and she may turn out to be a great SC justice, there's no telling if he would have done better by not narrowing it down right away.

By WxFollower - June 2, 2022, 10:55 p.m.
Like Reply

cutworm said in response to what I was asking:

"The first problem is the policy. In this case the NO fossil fuel policy. Needs changed NOW. Then there is what Tim said, which is another policy that needs changed. Then there is the constant coverup. It's all Trumps, or Putin's fault  ect. Better communication from "our leader", constantly saying something then the white house press, 'walks it back'"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cutworm,

1. I agree that Biden's fossil fuel policy needs a lot of improvement, especially after what I learned from mcfarm/Manchin ITT and what Mike told me recently about DUC's sharply dropping.

2. I agreed with Tim as I said.

3. The constant coverups are politics as usual imho. Both sides do that all the time and it makes me hate a lot of political discussions.

4. The walking back in this administration seems much worse than usual and is mainly due to cognitive decline unfortunately though I still believe Biden's still not yet close to being "senile" (i.e., severe cognitive impairment) though my assessment may change in the near future. As it is, his current level of cognitive decline is a negative for Biden.

By metmike - June 2, 2022, 11:34 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree that Biden seems most impacted by communication skills, which unfortunately for him, make it very noticeable.

His ability to comprehend things is probably not as compromised as his speech.

The human brain is fascinating.

My Dad will be 97 in September. When Biden was running for president, my wife commented that he reminded her of my Dad in his old age.

Dad was a gifted communicator and thinker but at 97, that's not so anymore.

But what's fascinating, is that we still play chess. I give him my queen and he can still beat me half the time. The amazing part is that he's winning as much now as he did playing me the same way 10 years ago.

The part of his brain that he uses to think analytically in playing chess has not lost much, if anything. 

He forgets and has all the other cerebral deteriorating conditions that people experience in their 90's(that are doing well) but not when playing chess.

It's not my imagination or being biased.

I've coached 3,700 kids for 25 years and can tell when Dad is having good days and bad days on the chess board almost like as well as a thermometer can tell the temperature of a persons body. 

How long he takes to move. How aggressive he his(on bad days, he hangs back and just plays defense-good days, he attacks like a hungry lion).

This past March, I think that he had more wins than for the previous 10 visits.

Maybe I'm the one deteriorating (-:

Regardless, it's amazing.

MIT News | Massachusetts Institute of Technology       

The rise and fall of cognitive skills 

Neuroscientists find that different parts of the brain work best at different ages.Anne Trafton  |  MIT News Office