Bill Gates and vaccines
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - June 20, 2022, 10:34 a.m.

Bill Gates, while taking part of a panel discussion, in Devos, Switzerland, of this yr. stated

"The vaccines will protect you for a maximum of two weeks, after which the protection  disappears

At a later time in the same discussion, he stated

We all know some protection is better than nothing

I won't have his words exactly correct, but the gist is correct

A classic example of what MM tells us

You hear what you want to hear and not both sides of the same issue

Thus every body heard Bill Gates say what they believed to be true. 

The believers of vaccinated vs non vaccinated all heard what they believed in an echo chamber, as MM will some times describe such a thing

What say you??

Comments
By 12345 - June 20, 2022, 10:42 a.m.
Like Reply

LOL  HOW MANY PEOPLE DID GATES SAY NEED TO BE ELIMINATED IN ORDER TO SAVE THE PLANET?

HE'S ONE OF THE MANY  "MAD SCIENTIST" TYPE PEOPLE, IMO.  

I HEAR WHAT HE SAYS, QUITE DISTINCTLY. 

By metmike - June 20, 2022, 2:12 p.m.
Like Reply

I have alot of issues with Bill Gates on his complete climate bs but am able to separate the chaff from the wheat (bs from the truth).

Gates never said anything like that. (so you should probably take away the quotes).

I know that you are just repeating what others said and are striking up a great subject so am not targeting you Wayne.

What happens, is that somebody/people completely make up what they claim to have heard or seen or interpreted and post it online somewhere, especially at an echo chamber that you mentioned.

Then, EVERYBODY there immediately believes it because it lines up with what they WANT to think and they pass it on to MANY other people as a fact.........when its total rubbish.

Then, it's like the game of telephone we played as kids, passing around a message, whispering it into the ear of the kid next to us and then, the kid after that and some of the kids decide to change what was actually stated at some point and from that point on......the original words/message is lost and a NEW message is passed on.

Multiply that by many millions of people in the internet circles and the power of technology and you have the recipe for DISinformation to swamp authentic information, especially since the DISinformation is always more appealing to some people and what they want to believe or pass on compared to the authentic information.

Here's just one example:

Fact Check-Bill Gates did not say COVID-19 vaccines are ineffective

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-gates/fact-check-bill-gates-did-not-say-covid-19-vaccines-are-ineffective-idUSL1N2S7292

Again, I'm no Bill Gates fan.............I can just tell the difference between truth and lies!

Want to hear a rich genius talk blatant, anti science ignorance?  Bill Gates gets an F in science. Radical left has taken over teaching at almost every college. More on brainwashing. AOC and her climate religion cult. They use scary words but no data because the data shows them wrong. I show the data. November 2019

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/42610/

++++++++++++++

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/#77012

Neither political party has a franchise on the truth.

If you believe one party all the time......................you will believe in lies some of the time.

By joj - June 20, 2022, 7:07 p.m.
Like Reply

"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just getting its shoe laces tied."

- Mark Twain

By metmike - June 20, 2022, 7:20 p.m.
Like Reply

ding, ding, ding.

We have us another post of the week from joj!

This time, I'll just put it into quote of the day.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/#86040

Scroll up from there to get all the awesome quotes here in THAT thread or, even better, get them all here:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/82252/

By wglassfo - June 21, 2022, 5:41 a.m.
Like Reply

MM

You know I can't do a link

However:

A simple goggle search turned up this much

Bill Gates on Wednesday said, at the Davos gathering in Switzerland

Vaccines have saved millions of lives but the duration is short and not much good at blocking infection

I won't have his words precise as I am not much good at remembering. I think he was referring to mandates but just a guess as I did not search that much further

But:

That is what my google search showed

You may have a different google search but get off your dam high horse when you say others are incorrect, especially if it disagrees with your thoughts

You say you like people to disagree with you. Well when you disagree with some body else you have this thing about making the person appear as a simpleton. I know you don't do it on purpose as I have heard you speak and you are truly full of use full facts. But try not make the rest of us look like a dam fool

Do the dam google search on Wednesday at Davos and Bills comments. Your dead wrong MM

There is a lot to read as it was head lined by some as a bombshell statement by Gates

I doubt you did any research before your post about Gates, and that is a problem with you at some times. Not always, especially when you get on climate. I am so sick of seeing your post after post about climate

Hell run for elected off ice where the bully pulpit is much more effective, if you so dam smart. Takes a lot of guts to run for office, even at the local level and you ain't got what it takes to get elected.

Time and dedication to getting elected is what you don't have plus the can do spirit

Go on run for some elected office.

I did it and won my seat in politics.

Your turn at the polls

By joj - June 21, 2022, 9:08 a.m.
Like Reply

wglassfo,

I think you were smart to do a Google search in search of the truth.  Your Google search resulted in the following quote:

"Vaccines have saved millions of lives but the duration is short and not much good at blocking infection."

I put the saved lives part of the quote in bold because that is what matters!

That the duration is short and not good at blocking infection does NOT mean it doesn't save lives.  I'd rather get a cold than a flu.  I'd rather get the flu than lose my life.  The original post did not include the part about saving lives.  Might want to consider why that is so.

By metmike - June 21, 2022, 7:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne for the advice,

I would never do well in politics because you have to bs and suck up to people and be disingenuous and thats not me.

Being an atmospheric scientist, chess coach and commodities trader are not exactly qualifying traits and in fact, even if I could get elected(there's no chance)  I would have to give up what I do best to make the world a better place..........coaching 3,700 young people in chess the past 25 years for instance.

Or making posts like this here:

Use this to makeyourself a better person-guaranteed            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/82252/

And if I was a politician, Wayne I would never know you personally. 

My wife says I have 3 big faults:

1. I talk too much

2. I'm over analytical

3. I'm too honest.

#1 would make me an ideal politician!

#3 Disqualifies me

I encourage you to take advantage of what I try to share here and enjoy the friendships as I do and of course, my favorite posts are always those that disagree with me but my responses don't make the best friends, even though they offer the best opportunities for learning.

By metmike - June 21, 2022, 7:23 p.m.
Like Reply

With regards to the quote that you are looking for, I think this is it:

Yesterday in #Davos,

@BillGates

said "the vaccines have saved millions of lives" yet admitted that current COVID-19 vaccines "don't have much in the way of duration and they're not good at infection blocking."

@wef

#WEF22

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/bill-gates-whats-the-point-of-mandates-if-the-vaccines-dont-work/

Not sure why you are somehow equating this to anything that I've posted here that suggests I'm trying to mislead on this or demean other people for disagreeing.

I'm sorry that you feel that way and will try to do better but will always show the authentic facts based on the data/evidence and science.

If somebody shows crap data/facts from a bad/misleading source.......I will attack the source for being wrong or dishonest. THAT, I will NEVER stop doing. 

Since we have people using crap sources/DISinformation(one of the reasons the world is messed up), it's inevitable that will continue to happen but I won't apologize for that.

I will NEVER stray from that commitment and if the facts show that I'm wrong I promise you that I will change to line up with the authentic facts and true science.

Sorry it took me so long to respond today.

By metmike - June 21, 2022, 7:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Without posting a zillion posts with data, I think it's fair to say that Gates is referring to the fact that we need to constantly have COVID booster shots to renew our increased immunity, similar to the flu.

Also, that this boost in immunity, does not block you from getting sick with COVID.

It just arms your immune system response to COVID so that it greatly reduces the chance of you having severe sickness and/or dying.

The COVID vaccine is not perfect but its saved over hundreds of thousands of lives in the US and millions of lives in the world...........with only a very low risk to your health when getting the shot. 

I'm guessing that somebody like you, Wayne with diabetes and being older has received the COVID vaccine and probably a booster.

If so, good for you. 

If possible, I strongly urge anybody that gets COVID to get the new drug, Paxlovid!

Biden shines-incredible story!            

29 responses |  

Started by metmike - June 2, 2022, 6:52 p.m.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/85199/

It's interesting but here in Evansville IN, if your under 65 and healthy, do you know what qualifies you for getting Paxlovid down to 50 years old?

NOT being vaccinated!