IS ANY OF THIS HAVING AN EFFECT ON CATTLE, ETC. PRICING???
3 responses | 1 like
Started by 12345 - June 20, 2022, 11:57 a.m.

I WOULD THINK IT WOULD.  I'VE OFTEN WONDERED ABOUT THE USE OF HUMAN "SLUDGE" ON FIELD'S.

IT WAS BEING DUMPED IN A FIELD NEXT TO ME, FOR YEARS. WHEN THE PROPERTY GOT TURNED INTO

5 ACRE PLOTS... THE SLUDGE WAS NO LONGER ALLOWED TO BE SPREAD.  THE PROSPECTIVE BUYER'S WERE INFORMED THEY COULDN'T PLANT A GARDEN FOR 5 YEARS.  HHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMM

https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/web/ag/livestock/article/2022/05/06/michigan-farm-cautionary-tale-pfas

Michigan Farm Is Cautionary Tale of PFAS Contamination and Sewage Sludge Fertilizer

Comments
By metmike - June 20, 2022, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Jean!

Very sad story to hear what happened to this poor guy.

By MarkB - June 21, 2022, 1:38 a.m.
Like Reply

Caught a headline on the Weather Channel about cattle dying in the stockyards of the midwest, due to heat, humidity, and dehydration. Something to the tune of 10k head or so. Dated June 15th. Looking on the charts, there was a minor gap opening, and subsequent rise in cattle prices at that time. Of course, the news, by the time it got to us, was a day late, and a dollar short.

By 12345 - June 21, 2022, 8:23 a.m.
Like Reply

I READ SIMILAR THINGS, TOO.

THE FEEDLOT'S, ESPECIALLY.  NO SHADE, LACK OF FAT, RUNNING WATER, SOME STILL NOT FULLY SHED OF THEIR WINTER COAT, ETC.  HOW SAD!

(HI, MARK!  INCOGNITO.... AKA JEAN N.)