Why you need to look after your vocal health
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 25, 2022, 1:49 p.m.

Why you need to look after your vocal health – and how to do it

https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/25/why-you-need-to-look-after-your-vocal-health-and-how-to-do-it-16889736/

So how can you love your voice?

‘Reflect on all of the incredible things your voice allows you to do – chatting, expressing your feelings, helping somebody, telling jokes, sorting banking problems on the phone,’ Nic suggests. ‘It’s really important to genuinely reflect on all of the incredible things regardless of what your voice sounds like.’

‘Then get used to the sound of your own voice. People are always shocked to hear themselves back but record yourself speaking for a minute or two a day and listen to your voice. Immersion therapy does work.

Comments
By 12345 - June 25, 2022, 5:38 p.m.
Like Reply

GOOD POST, IMO.   

WHEN I REALIZED I WAS HAVING THE 2ND STROKE (A COUPLE HOURS FROM THE 1ST ONE THAT WAS SO MILD, I THOUGHT NOTHING OF IT)... I STARTED PRAYIN' TO THE GOOD LORD, TO AT LEAST ALLOW ME TO SING, IF HE WAS PLANNIN' ON LEAVIN' ME HERE. (I'M A MEMBER OF AN ONLINE GOSPEL SINGING GROUP) I PRAYED WITH ALL I HAD TO PRAY WITH! 

FOR 48 HOURS, I COULDN'T EVEN TALK, EXCEPT FOR GRUNTS... I ONLY HAD THE USE OF MY LEFT ARM, INTERNAL FUNCTIONS & MY BRAIN.  WHAT DID I DO? I GOT ONLINE & "SANG": "THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM"! THE PRAYER'S CAME FLOODING IN TO ME,.. EVEN IF SOME WEREN'T FROM MEMBER'S OF THE GOSPEL GROUP, THEY WERE PRAYING FOR ME!!

THE POWER OF PRAYER!!!!! ❤  2 1/2 YEARS LATER, I STILL SING BETTER THAN I CAN SPEAK, LOL

By metmike - June 25, 2022, 6:02 p.m.
Like Reply

So true Jean!!!

The best way to appreciate something is to have take it taken  away...then have it return!

If it doesn't come back, then instead of appreciating it we need to........accept it!