USC, UCLA moving to the Big Ten
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - July 1, 2022, 6:44 p.m.

This was one of the biggest shockers in sports history!

USC, UCLA moving from Pac-12 to Big Ten in 2024

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/34173688/source-usc-ucla-considering-move-pac-12-big-ten

Comments
By metmike - July 1, 2022, 7:02 p.m.
Like Reply

I feel bad for less followed sports like volleyball or tennis when they have to travel to, let's say Rutgers or the Northeast which is around 3,000 miles.

Same thing when teams have to travel to California, although those teams might see it as a little vacation to the land of excitement.

Great decision for the football conference and money..........which is what gets most of the weighting.

Really bad decision for many of the other sports because of the physical distance and traveling challenges.

That's only off the top of my uninformed head.

Surely there are dozens of other dynamics which are crazy here.

Personally, I like it from the standpoint of it making things way more interesting even if it just made some things worse for Michigan, my Alma mater..

We live in interesting times and this is just one of those shockers that make it so interesting!

By mcfarm - July 3, 2022, 7:02 p.m.
Like Reply

and now Notre Dame? Really, how would this ever work Notre Dames exclusive Tv football contract......oh the new America its not a contract if its about money

By metmike - July 3, 2022, 8:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes, mcfarm you're exactly right, it is all about money.

Very interesting changes. We all get used to things being a certain way for decades and we like familiarity.

Really, REALLY like it in many cases.

So  its often very hard to adjust our mindsets to changes.

This below is just generally speaking to everybody and especially applies to metmike because when I state it publicly, it causes me to try to live by it.

In most realms, the quicker we adjust and/or see the bright side, the happier we are. 

One of the worst things for ones mental attitude is to dwell on a new dynamic that replaces one that we really liked....... that we can't do a dang thing about. 

Every minute of negative dwelling is a completely wasted minute that could be spent thinking about the million other wonderful things here in the best age to be a human being.

That doesn't mean accept things that involve abuse or being ripped off THAT WE CAN CHANGE.

Or to not speak out about legit wrong things so that others become better informed by our speaking out........but wasting massive amounts of time moaning and groaning about the same over and done/long ago resolved situations makes us unhappy and drags people around us down too.

I've found that having this mentality is very useful when a new medical issue pops up.

We all age and have gradually eroding health and physical capabilities. The toughest thing for me was always when a new issue pops up with my autoimmune disorder.

There can be 10 different things that are worse that we got used to dealing with every day for years and have accepted. THEN, a new one pops up. 

The new one used to bug me the most but now, I just joke about it.

What the heck does this have to do with college football????

I went to Michigan and have loved Big Ten football since the 1970's.......just the way it used to be.

It's going to be much different than those years.

I'm going to Michigan's opening game against Colorado State with my son in law and grandsons.

I'll be wearing depends underwear for the first time because my bladder issues don't allow me to go that long holding my pee. 

I suppose that I could use the restroom a couple of times.

However, I'll just adjust my mentality and accept my condition and not let it interfere with my enjoyment of the game. 

Michigan vs Colorado State - Early Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opbfn0Xbkx8

https://mgoblue.com/sports/football/schedule/2022