And we wonder why there is so much division in this country.
13 responses | 4 likes
Started by TimNew - July 9, 2022, 8:15 a.m.

Childish and petulant behavior on the left is not just condoned,  it is encouraged.  There are too many examples to list here, but they make civil discourse impossible,

"If we disagree with you, we'll make sure you're not comfortable leaving your house!!"

And before you refer to the Jan 6th riots,  you'll need to find examples of conservatives who encourage, or even condone the behavior of this one time disgrace. 

LOL, No, Brett Kavanaugh Does Not Have a ‘Freedom’ and a ‘Right’ To Eat Dinner in Peace (msn.com)

I agree with the rep that there is a time and place for protest, and when the issue at hand is the dehumanizing denial of half the population’s bodily autonomy, the time and place to protest that is all the time and everywhere. Also, there is no “right to congregate and eat dinner”. Maybe the rep is referring to the right to privacy in a manner not explicitly stated in the Constitution, which, as a reminder, was the foundation for Roe v Wade, which Kavanaugh and his fellow conservative justices just overturned.

The fact that Kavanaugh felt comfortable enough to go out to dinner in the first place—and that the reps at Morton’s expected to be able to host him for a pleasant evening—is a sign that we only need more nights like this one moving forward.

Comments
By metmike - July 9, 2022, 1:19 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

The left is acting like they are possessed with regards to the overturning of Roe vs Wade.

It's like, let's demonstrate how important this particular right is for women..........by violating the rights of as many people that disagree with us  and disrespecting them to an extreme as an example.

This nullifies their legitimacy/authenticity because you can't be genuine by extremely violating the idea behind  your position to get what you want with that position. 

This means that, either they are ignorant of the blatant hypocrisy..........or they know and just don't give a darn because it's about something different than they claim that it is.

By metmike - July 9, 2022, 1:33 p.m.
Like Reply

How about an analogy.

MLK was the greatest civil rights leader in history.

We know who he was, what he did and what his methods were to accomplish his off the charts progress for minorities in this country.

What if, instead of these methods, demonstrated by showing his own behavior and communicating a message of LOVE AND FORGIVENESS..... he decided that to show us how blacks were getting shafted, he called for all black people that felt hurt by the white man's rules/injustice, to fight back in kind to do the same things to white people to hurt and cause them problems to call attention to their plight.

You know what happens when you use that tactic, like those reacting extremely to the overturning of Roe vs Wade?

You cause the other side to oppose you even more and even hate you because you are attacking them and making it personal. You create enemies! You increase divisiveness. 

Sure, you can generate more support from your core group but you will NEVER, EVER get anybody that disagrees with you to see your position and if fact, just the opposite.

They lose respect for you as human beings and note that you won't even live by the rules that you want changed for your side's benefit...........and you actually create the dynamics to expose the fraudulence of your ethical code!

By TimNew - July 9, 2022, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Ya know what MM?   MLK was/is one of my all time heros and I really wish we had him today.   But I am pretty sure the leftist of today would not like him.

If you familiarize yourself with his basic ideology,  you know he was pretty conservative. He'd be disgusted by things like affirmitive action and what welfare has become.  I'm pretty sure today's leftists would label him an "Uncle Tom".  I'll go out on a limb and garantee it.

By TimNew - July 9, 2022, 9:03 p.m.
Like Reply

As far as the Roe debate...    Setting aside the obvious constitutional argument..

How do you have a well reasoned debate with someone who would riot for their "right" to snip the spinal cord of a pre-born baby?

They hate to have an honest discussion of the process.   Honest discussion never serves them well.

By metmike - July 9, 2022, 9:19 p.m.
Like Reply

"I am pretty sure the leftist of today would not like him."

I'm not so sure about that Tim but he might actually be the strong leader that people followed because of his powerful charisma..........which would take them on the same path as he was on based on solid ethical principles and personal examples.....authenticity.

Great leaders today that captivate people and use the powerful tools of technology are often driven by self serving interests, using DIVISIVE messages that sound appealing, along with lies and propaganda to rally THEIR side against the other side........us vs them mentality.

The other side is bad and whatever they stand for is good.

By TimNew - July 10, 2022, 8:25 a.m.
Like Reply

MLK would oppose much of what the left stands for today.

We've seen ample evidence of the lefts reaction to what they percieve as "conservative" minorities.

"You ain't black if you don't vote for me" is just one recent example.  But we've seen that no one is more racist than a leftist attacking a conservative minority individual.  And, as I said above,  many of MLK's fundamental beliefs would be seen as conservative today.

By metmike - July 10, 2022, 11:30 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

This THREAD(corrected from post) is about why there is so much division in this country. You are demonstrating the mentality causing much of it.

By TimNew - July 10, 2022, 12:04 p.m.
Like Reply

You're absolutely right.  It's obvious that leftsts can not be reasoned with. I have given a few of countless examples. 

By metmike - July 10, 2022, 2:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Your additional demonstration/post of  a personal tunnel vision, subjective,  non negotiable mindset was not necessary to prove the point but is much appreciated, Tim!

By mcfarm - July 10, 2022, 3:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Wow Mm. Its been proven time after time after time, some things you cannot negotiate with the left on. This things cannot be left to children to decide upon, they have proven they cannot manage these things. They are simple and straight forward. National defense, police protection, voting, law and order, the make up of the supreme court, foreign affairs, the environment, oil, most any constitutional decision, gas, coal, energy of any sort except green and they would gladly screw that up as well. I could go on but you get the point. That ain't tunnel vision, that is how its been{not} working for decades.

By TimNew - July 10, 2022, 5:25 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL MM, I eagerly anticipate an intelligent debate on anything I stated in this thread. ANYTHING .  TIA.

By metmike - July 10, 2022, 5:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Have only 2 words to debunk/obliterate  your extreme position that it's only the left which is extreme.

Trump

Fox

OK, I can't resist adding a couple more.

2020 stolen election.

OK, I can't resist adding a few more.

Anti COVID VAX.

I'll stop there unless you want the longer version.

By TimNew - July 11, 2022, 5:08 a.m.
Like Reply

This has nothing to do with Trump or Fox.   You accused me of engaging in divisive behavior, just like the left.

But I have done nothing of the sort.  I have made fact based observations.  And I would be happy to debate any of those facts and/or observations.  

To wit:

1.) Leftists have decided that harrassing people with whom they disagree is exactly the right thing to do.

2.) It is acceptable to make racist remarks towards Conservative minorities.

But what you have done is rely on a tactic used by the left for decades. "Your speech is (divisive/hate/racist/homophobic/fill in the blank) speech"

And for decades, people like me have said, "Well, we don't want to be accused of that!!" so we have pretty much just sat down and shut up.  But more and more of us are realizing that what has resulted is behavior that is more wrong, more bizzarre  more outrageuos and more dangerous as the margins get wider and wider.   We don't even know what bathrooms to use anymore.

So more and more adults in the room are starting to say Enough is Enough. We have to teach you kids that telling the truth is never bad even if it makes you unhappy.

I expect lots of more bad behavior over this sort of thing. Afterall,  kids will be kids and they have been getting away with this for so long, they've become totally spoiled,  but we have no one to blame but ourselves.