Green planet
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Aug. 3, 2022, 11:43 a.m.

An over view of the planet shows increased green cover which MM mistakenly attributes to increased CO2

While some green will obviously be a result of plants using more CO2, [I would think] [but might be wrong], especially in areas of sparse green, becoming greener and expanding the green area.

However, the vast majority of new green cover is actually the planting of new forest 

Plus using large numbers of animals in arid places, for a short time period, to break down the mature and dead vegetation plus animal manure to allow better new growth in arid soils

What the heck, that is not what MM tells us

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 3, 2022, 12:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

You are embarrassing yourself to say such  silly anti scientific things because you didn't like this post last night and now are acting childish..... deciding to say scientifically absurd things to oppose me because you don't like the rules that apply TO EVERYONE, equally and fairly.  

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/87744/#87779

This is what you often do when I confront you for unacceptable posting......you ramp up a personal attack to turn it into a Wayne vs metmike situation and you have to win...... instead of recognizing why those posts were unacceptable to our forum.......and making a minor change in the way that you post.

No personal attacks and name calling allowed, Wayne.

DISinformation is fine if the poster actually believes in it based on their thinking. I have never censored a post.

DISinformation as a predator troll to target a specific individual and disrupt the forum and spread discontent is a different story.

Vandenplas came here only as a predator troll. Remember him?

Wayne, SOMEBODY has to be in charge with rules so that we treat others with respect here.

That's what I promised to do when taking over the job of moderator.

What you stated, is the 100% opposite of the truth.

The world has lost one-third of its forest, but an end of deforestation is possible

Over the last 10,000 years the world has lost one-third of its forests. An area twice the size of the United States. Half occurred in the last century.

https://ourworldindata.org/world-lost-one-third-forests

Fake beer crisis/Death by GREENING!                                                  

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69258/

By metmike - Aug. 3, 2022, 12:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

If this posting is supposed to get me upset being vindictive because my enforcing rules got you upset............it had the opposite affect.

I chuckled at your post above and am not upset in the least.

You are 3 days after the previous suspension ended.

I am being totally transparent and trying my best to keep you here, Wayne.

Wayne's future is 100% determined by Wayne's actions and words, which I will interpret completely objectively. 

Just to let you know the reality.

This behavior makes people with your position look extraordinarily bad and has a completely counter productive affect on everybody, including Wayne.

Will you take this as a signal to ramp up the attack even more?

Or will you look in the mirror and realize that I'm giving you good advice ......then apply it?

By wglassfo - Aug. 3, 2022, 1:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Please tell what is wrong with my post

I simply goggled and asked the question

"Why has the planet started to have more green areas

Do you disagree with goggle

I did nothing wrong MM and you know it

Especially when my info came from goggle

You said it your self

You encourage posters who disagree with you

But some how when I disagree, you want to make it personal

Nothing personal was intended

Just different info

You are a source

Goggle is a source

Of course the planet has suffered deforestation

The rain forest is a big example

But look at where the green is  showing up

China and to a lesser extent India have planted millions of trees

In recent yrs different places have started to re-forest

Does this reverse what has happened to the rain forest and other places

I don't know

But a map of the planet shows china and India with more green showing during the past 20 yrs.

Re-forestation has nothing to do with CO2

By wglassfo - Aug. 3, 2022, 1:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Since you want different posts that disagree

I have another example of CO2 having nothing to do with more green other than what increased CO2 would do today vs. 50 yrs ago, but some thing else having a much larger effect on green grass.

I watched a presentation on you tube that made a lot of sense to some body [me] with a working knowledge of plant growth

The presentation showed what happened to arid soils that have monsoon weather for 6 months and no rain for 6 months

The typical animal keepers would have small herds and constantly wander looking for animal forage

Of coarse this meant a small number of animals/acre and large areas to keep wandering about

Sort of like feast or famine

What this person did, [It looked like the edge of the Sahara but nothing was said where] [Africa has a lot of arid lands] The people looked like they lived in Africa, which is all I base my location about.    Does part of Africa have monsoon weather.?? I did not check that out to know.

Any way a large number of sheep or goats were placed in a small place to eat the dead vegetation.

Sheep or goats are perhaps the best foragers of dead grasses. They would quickly eat the dead grasses, their hooves would make small pockets or indentations in the soil and of coarse leave a large covering of animal manure or animal waste if you prefer a different terminology. Then some body would move the herd to a different location, and repeat

This allowed the new vegetation reduced cover and a better chance to establish new growth, plus the little pockets of indentations would hold some water for a longer time period. I once saw on you tube a gentle man, manually making small holes on his land over many yrs, exactly as the animals did to stop run off and hold a small amount of water, in arid soils

Now after some experimentation of numbers of animals and amount of old growth to remove this changed the land from arid animal wanderings by the owner to be able to stay in one place and actually increase the number of animals his land would sustain on a yrly basis. In fact this arid soil was green for almost 12 months and the hope was with more knowledge the land would stay green yr round.

By metmike - Aug. 3, 2022, 2:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

let me repeat again. There is a big difference between posting sincere  DISinformation or any information that a person believes in that disagrees with me….and I encourage compared to

making up Disinformation that’s impossible because that person is being a predator troll, targeting another person…..in this case the moderator…..for personal reasons which disrupt  MarketForum.