What will we do for peace
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Aug. 21, 2022, 2:02 p.m.

I see a noticeable lack of interest in russsia/ukraine

Why is that

I read about the war every day

In fact I was notified I had read more articles than any body from Canada on one web site

Do we value cheap food, cheap gas, sleep well in our beds at night etc. etc. more than a power hungry state

Remember the procedure in Germany and Poland

Japan and Pearl Harbor

We wanted peace at any price

Even believing the false words of our adversaries

Why is the west afraid of Putin???

Why not boots on the ground and instead of money, send some thing that will do the job

Putin will eventually go away, but russia will remain, as will china, North Korea and a host of countries that see an opportunity to win a battle with the west

They are probably correct, unless the west is willing to get a bloody nose

I would rather a bloody nose than nuclear war

And no doubt the day will come when nuclear war is real

Should we not show the world our power now, not after a nuclear strike

WE should act today instead of waiting for some body to go nuclear

Can we win a nuclear war

There are n winners but does the other goofy side with nuclear believe that???

Do we choose to think we don't want a bloody nose and we can sleep safely in our bed at night with out meeting the enemy now, when we can win the battle

Canada is not doing much of anything

Some body should beat us really badly and give us a wake up call, much like a 2 x 4 up along side of our head

But: we want to sleep in our beds at nite and ignore history

The price of gas is our biggest concern in Canada

What a bunch of dummies we are to ignore any enemy and not go out to do battle today, when we have our best chance of victory

Do you really think North Korea will not try some thing against us???

He cares nothing about his people, country, just a full plate of food for himself

As do most of our enemies

We should bomb his palace when/where he sleeps in his bed

A lot of countries would pay attention to what we are willing to do

It worked before so why not again

Today we are willing to do nothing that worries most of our enemies

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 21, 2022, 6:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne!

Good points....maybe.

We have alot of varying opinions on this and there's plenty of propaganda from both sides to support any position a person wants to have.

Nuclear war between the U.S. and Russia would kill more than 5 billion people – just from starvation, study finds

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nuclear-war-5-billion-people-starvation-deaths-study/

screen-shot-2022-08-16-at-11-47-50-am.png

By metmike - Aug. 21, 2022, 6:41 p.m.
Like Reply
By wglassfo - Aug. 21, 2022, 9:44 p.m.
Like Reply

I am sure that I read some wheree that Putin knows there can be no winner in a nuclear war

He is corrrect but the russian vision is to return russia to it's former land mass

We have seen this by russia willing to start small wars for more land mass eventually the return to the former russian land mass and a  power to be reckoned with on the world stage. Putin will eventually be gone but the russian military has this wish of former power

Small wars test the resolve of the west

I am in no way advocating concessions with russia

Russia needs to be defeated now

The west must  get involved and win

Sending money and arms and expecting some body else to do the fighting and dying is not the way to defeat russia

Are we willing to suffer a bloody nose to fight the school yard bully or are we wimps who walk away from an injustice

As Trump once said

If a school yard shooter, well armed with weapons, goes into a gun free zone, what do you think would happen vs. if some body was sending bullets back at the shooter

Russia needs to know the west will shoot back with deadly force

What kind of information do you suppose china is watching and learning

That the west prefers to avoid conflict at all cost

The west wants a safe bed and an Iphone plus cheap gas

The west doesn't want conflict with russia

The west thinks the cost is too much

Well the cost will be much greater if history is any guide

Some how the lessons we learned in WW 11 that to defeat an aggressor just has to be done, no matter what the cost

WW 11 cost us a lot of blood and treasure and today we think a floating pile of steal with air planes will protect us when all that floating pile of steel in the water is just a big bulls eye 

What will we do when china sinks the USS Reagan, which they can do at any time

We can not shoot down a 100,000 tiny drones all armed with cheap to make, tiny explosives, that combined make one big bang

The TV is going in the other room at our house, with MLB, while nobody worries about what a big target Detroit is just to our south.

If anybody worries, nobody is doing any thing to stop a big bang.

Yes we would probably starve which does have my attention 

I would rather fight and maybe starve than, for sure, be some bodies slave