immigration
1 response | 0 likes
Started by bear - Aug. 27, 2022, 4:01 p.m.

here is part of the immigration problem that you normally won't hear...

i had read about a person in OK.  he was a hispanic immigrant who wanted to have his wife join him here in this country.  he had spent over 12k bucks, over more than 10 years.  (and it has not yet been approved).  

or he said he could just pay a criminal gang 2k bucks, and have her here in 2 weeks.  

so these are the options...15 years and 15 thousand dollars (legal) ... or.... 2 weeks and 2 thousand dollars.(illegal).

folks this is the fault of    CONGRESS.  

the bureaucracy is horrendous.  this is the fault of both pubs and dems.  

if someone/anyone in congress had half a brain, they would figure out how to simplify the bureaucracy.  if the Legal route cost less, and took less time,  then people would be LESS likely to choose the illegal route.  

or let me put it another way.  you can choose the legal bureaucratic way.  or you can choose the illegal (free market) way to bring in your family member.  

the illegal, free market way,  is much more efficient.  

Comments
Re: immigration
0 likes
By metmike - Aug. 28, 2022, 2:05 a.m.
Like Reply

Spoken like a true Libertarian!

Did you get the chance to see this debate, bear?

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/88376/

I intended to just watch just 15 minutes or so but have never in my life, witnessed so many profound or witty/quick thinking answers that kept coming, one after another for 2 hours from all of them!

Some of them were pretty extreme and some I strongly disagree with but some made me want to stand up and cheer.