Corn Price
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Sept. 3, 2022, 1:47 p.m.

I am still of the opinion that corn has lots of room to go higher

IA which is a large corn producer may still surprise with lower average state yields

The recent wind storm did a lot of damage Buildings, power lines etc

But the corn fields took a real beating with a lot of corn laid down

Green snap, defoliation etc will take a toll plus a lot will never make it into the combine harvester

This is a large area of perhaps 3 million acres zeroed out and another 10 million with an insurance claim

That adds up to a lot of bu of corn, less than expected

Plus, where do you put the corn when harvested given the damage to so many storage facilities

Once harvest is mostly over, the end users will find out, there is a corn deficit in many places of the corn belt

That is hard to believe but there is always a 1st for every thing

I think we will see cash corn with an 8 in front of the price

Comments
Re: Corn Price
0 likes
By wglassfo - Sept. 3, 2022, 1:49 p.m.
Like Reply

This post should be in trading

my mistake

By metmike - Sept. 4, 2022, 6:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

I've made that mistake many hundreds of times. Maybe even more than that and other do it all the time.

If you just post to the default setting for forum choice, without changing the forum choice it will send the new topic to the NTR forum.

Even after all my posting, I still do it all the time. But I can change it a minute later and nobody sees the trading posts on the NTR forum unless they just happened to be reading at that moment.

Sorry it took me awhile to move it. I was out of town since very early Friday. 

Not that far from from your home Province, Ontario in my home state of Michigan. Watched the Wolverines win 51-7 yesterday.

By metmike - Sept. 4, 2022, 6:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for the great points too, Wayne.