Executive order 14067
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Sept. 21, 2022, 9:21 p.m.

Can anybody tell  me why Mr Rickards is so concerned with executive order 14067

Let's hope I got  all this correct, especially the numbers

What did gold do today and why???

I haven't looked at the price

Sorry for not doing my homework

I post with such little knowledge sometimes

{Many times]

See a headline and post some thing

I know, I should do better

Comments
By metmike - Sept. 21, 2022, 9:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne!

You're not giving me alot to go on here but I'll do my best and try to learn at the same time, since I didn't know anything about Executive order 14067 before you brought that up and never heard of Mr. Rickards. It's very much appreciated that you did that!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_14067

Executive Order 14067, officially titled Ensuring Responsible Development of Digital Assets, was signed on March 9, 2022 and is the 83rd executive order signed by U.S. President Joe Biden. The telos of the order is to develop digital assets in a responsible manner.[1] The executive order addresses the potential national security implications of cryptocurrencies.] 

The order does not change the way digital assets are governed immediately; nevertheless, it marks the start of a process to develop a regulatory framework that addresses all elements of digital assets. It demonstrates the United States' acknowledgment of the importance of digital assets and blockchain technology in the global financial system, as well as its intention to remain a leader in the global financial system through responsible payment innovation and digital asset development.

metmike: I have no idea what that will actually mean.

By metmike - Sept. 21, 2022, 9:47 p.m.
Like Reply

This might be where you got it from:

mobile-logo

Sponsored Content

Biden Signs "Death Warrant" for US Dollar

by Paradigm Press

by Paradigm Press

On March 9, 2022, President Biden quietly signed Executive Order 14067.

Buried inside this order is a sinister provision that could give the government unprecedented control over your money and freedom.

In fact, this provision sets the stage for:

• Legal government surveillance of all US citizens

• Total control over your bank accounts and purchases

• And the ability to silence all dissenting voices for good

It’s no wonder Fox News recently called this “a deeply troubling development.”

Still, most Americans have never even heard of Executive Order 14067.

That’s why today, Jim Rickards – a world-renowned economist and former advisor to both the CIA and the Pentagon – has just sounded the alarm on this troubling new development.

In his critical new presentation, he reveals the shocking truth about Biden’s Executive Order…

And why it’s a direct threat to the freedom of every single American citizen.

In fact, according to Mr. Rickards, this order could mean the end of the U.S. dollar as we know it.

“We’re in for a major upheaval of the U.S. dollar,” he says.

“In fact, I predict the 3rd Great Dollar Earthquake has already started…

“The first was Roosevelt confiscating private gold in 1934…

“The second was Nixon abandoning the gold standard in 1971…

“Now,” he says, “Biden’s plan could pave the way for ‘retiring’ the U.S. dollar – and replacing it with this disturbing new alternative.”

And this is NOT some far-off pipe dream.

This is happening right now.

“Executive Order 14067 already gives President Biden unprecedented power over the future of the U.S. dollar,” he says. “And sadly most Americans will be completely caught off guard by it.”

That’s why Mr. Rickards just released this new must-see presentation, which explains – in detail – how you can prepare for this critical event NOW…

Including 4 simple steps you can take TODAY to actually profit from the fallout.

Click here to watch this urgent new presentation from Jim Rickards now.

Sincerely,

Matt Insley,
Executive Publisher, Paradigm Press

This ad is sent on behalf of Paradigm Press, LLC, at 808 St. Paul Street, Baltimore MD 21202. If you're not interested in this opportunity from Paradigm Press, LLC, please click hereto remove your email from these offers.

This post is sponsored content and Zerohedge has been compensated for its publication.
By metmike - Sept. 21, 2022, 10:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Let's explore a couple of things going on from legit sources.

Executive Order 14067 does not allow the federal government to electronically control money

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/sep/08/tiktok-posts/executive-order-14067-does-not-allow-federal-gover/

• Executive Order 14067 directed the federal government to weigh the risks of using digital currency and research the possibility of using a central bank digital currency. 
  • The order does not implement a digital currency or give the government the power to electronically control it.

Are we in danger of having our money electronically controlled by the government? That’s what some social media posts warned will happen. But the hype is not true.

Because of Executive Order 14067, "the government will be able to turn on and turn off your money," said a TikTok user in an Aug. 29 video. "See, the paper dollar and the coins and the quarters and the dimes, they want to take it all away. Go digital. Track it all."

But that’s a misinterpretation of the order signed by President Joe Biden in March. The order does not give the government the ability to take away physical currency, nor does it implement a digital currency. 

It also doesn’t give the government  access to people’s digital funds, a White House spokesperson confirmed.

By metmike - Sept. 21, 2022, 10:19 p.m.
Like Reply

So who is Jim Rickards, the source of this information, paying Zero Hedge to post it on their site as part of an advertisement to get new customers?

I never heard of the guy but let's see if we can find out who he is.

Jim Rickards Reviews

Jim Rickards 

( 31 reviews )

https://www.reviewopedia.com/jim-rickards-reviews

As you can tell by the titles, he brings an alarmist approach to analyzing global fiscal and monetary policy and the effects he believes they will have on economies.

His reactionary style urges investors to plan ahead and provide safeguards for their assets and plan for inevitable market downturns and inflation.

One of his other recurring themes is how vulnerable the US dollar and US markets are to foreign exploitation and how to protect yourself.

These perceived threats influence his investment advice, which generally suggests to diversify and keep tangible assets such as gold and other precious metals.

Jim Rickards’ Newsletters

Through Paradigm Press LLC Rickards publishes several investor newsletters.  The most popular, and most affordable, of which is titled Strategic Intelligence.

It’s often through the marketing for this newsletter that many people first come across Rickards.  

The ads for Strategic Intelligence usually feature a doomsday scenario that Rickards predicts will happen in the near future.

Rickards claims that if you subscribe to Strategic Intelligence you’ll learn how to safeguard your assets and profit from the impending instability.

His most recent presentation titled “Beware, Biden Bucks” proclaims that the US Government is planning on converting to a digital dollar that's similar to cryptocurrency except that this one would be entirely controlled by the US government.

He fears that this will lead to a surveillance state in which all your transactions will be monitored and potentially even used against you.

If you subscribe to Strategic Intelligence you will get access to his guides for protecting yourself from having your wealth seized in a report titled, Asset Emancipation.

You get this report and 3 more as bonuses for joining Rickards' paid newsletter.

Cost and Price Plans

The cost for the base level of Strategic Intelligence on the Paradigm Press website is $299 per year.  However if you’re ordering through the Biden Bucks video there are several promotions that can bring the cost down to as low as $49.

His other premium newsletters cost significantly more at $3,000 - $5,000.

*Note:  All orders are set to automatically renew at the end of the year so if you no longer wish to receive it you will have to call and cancel your subscription.

metmike: As mentioned, I don't know enough about him(right now) to check his accuracy but I've yet to find somebody selling newsletters in this fashion that was actully worth it.

In order to be bright enough to be worth all that money for those paying him, he would have to be a multi millionare from applying what he tells those following his newsletter to do...........and he might actually be a rich man, I just don't know. 

The fact is, most of the time people that make a living SELLING advice, do it because they couldn't make a living using their own advice.

This is why many brokers are no good. They can't make a living trading/investing their own money, so they make a living charging you for their advice or commissions to trade with them. 

There are probably some exceptions out there and if somebody knows of them, please post their names and performance.

By metmike - Sept. 21, 2022, 10:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Is Jim Rickards A Fraud? What You Need To Know

https://greenbullresearch.com/is-jim-rickards-a-fraud/

Sounds like they don't know...........neither do I.

See new Tweets

Climate alarmism is a fraud because good science simply does not support the extreme predictions. Just in case you buy into it, turns out the "carbon offset" market is a fraud too:

telegraph.co.ukRevealed: The carbon offsetting 'Wild West' Exclusive Telegraph investigation reveals consumers trying to offset their emissions are at risk of being ripped off

·Twitter Web App

70 Retweets3 Quote Tweets192 Likesmike maguire

++++++++++++++++++

Jim Rickards@JamesGRickards

If you're wondering what the "climate change" debate is all about (hint: It's not the climate), this is a good article. It reveals that "climate" is just a Trojan Horse for a new world order with global taxation, no borders, and rule by bureaucrats.

nymag.comThe Glimmer of a Climate New World OrderUntil the G-7, the nations of the world had never before chosen to punish bad

metmike: Climate is something that I know a thing or 100 about.

However, just because he's right on climate and it agrees with me, doesn't mean he's not ripping people off with his newsletters/advice.

I just don't know.

By bear - Sept. 22, 2022, 12:04 a.m.
Like Reply

my very naive perspective...

it is inevitable that the u.s. govt ends up having some regulation surrounding digital currencies.  

for example, there are numerous rules for a company that wants to list on a u.s. stock exchange.  (accounting standards, etc.).  that way an investor has some confidence about the info the company puts out for investors.  if a company does NOT want to follow the accounting rules, then they cannot list on a u.s. stock exchange.  (they just list somewhere else).  

this ex order will not necessarily destroy the dollar.  politicians (and central banks) destroy money supply by having ever larger increases in money supply.  also by making too many regulations that are un-friendly to business.  

biden IS currently trying to destroy the energy sector.  death by a thousand cuts.  (or death by a million little rules and regulations).  

some people in financial circles say that some regulation would give investors some assurance about crypto currencies.  

if they do not want to follow the rules,  then maybe they just won't list on u.s. exchanges.  

but... for example, i can still buy shares in a foreign company on some other exchange.   and i maybe could still buy a digital currency on some other exchange, even if it does not meet u.s. govt standards. 

By metmike - Sept. 22, 2022, 12:36 a.m.
Like Reply

"biden IS currently trying to destroy the energy sector."

Agree bear. To assume anything other than that would assume that Biden is not nearly as intelligent as we know that he is.

Regardless of wanting to assume that he's naive about the fake climate crisis and really naive about fake green energy, it's seems impossible to somehow think he wouldn't know what's been happening and why in the energy sector because of HIS agenda.

By bear - Sept. 22, 2022, 11:44 a.m.
Like Reply

hey... maybe i will start my own digital currency.  i will call them... Bear Bucks.  you can buy them on my exchange, on my website.  buyer beware.  i will pretend that they are gold backed.

this is the new modern equivalent of the alternative paper currencies issued privately back in the 1800's.  

there were over 35,000 different paper currencies used in the u.s.a.  many of them were obviously simply fraud schemes.  

By metmike - Sept. 22, 2022, 12:25 p.m.
Like Reply

One of the keys to selling something bear is how you package it, especially the name.

Bear Bucks, has wonderful alliteration, with just 1 syllable words..........the perfect name!

And the bear is a wonderful, powerful creature that everybody knows.

If you wanted to be really clever and take advantage of the fake climate crisis like many entities do you could call them........

Polar Bear Bucks and tell people that you are donating 10% of the profits to help save the Polar Bears.

But don't let them know how you really feel or the truth.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/88832/#89057

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/88598/