Elon Musk - Quote of the Day
1 response | 0 likes
Started by joj - Oct. 27, 2022, 10:08 a.m.

I am often baffled by some of Musk's eccentricities.  But I am persuaded, much as I despise giving Trump a megaphone, by Musk's sentiment about his recent Twitter acquisition:

"The reason I acquired Twitter is because it is important to the future of civilization to have a common digital town square, where a wide range of beliefs can be debated in a healthy manner, without resorting to violence.  There is currently great danger that social media will splinter into far right wing and far left wing echo chambers that generate more hate and divide our society.

It the relentless pursuit of clicks, much of traditional media has fueled and catered to those polarized extremes, as they believe that is what brings in the money, but in doing so the opportunity for dialogue is lost."

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 27, 2022, 3:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks joj!

To me, Elon Musk is a really rich narcissist that sometimes says REALLY dumb things for attention.

Obviously, he did some smart things to in order to get rich.

Elon Musk’s Plan to Send a Million Colonists to Mars by 2050 Is Pure Delusion

There’s more to settling the Red Planet than just packing a whole lotta people into plus-sized rockets.

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-mars-colony-delusion-1848839584

In a recent interview, Elon Musk repeated his stated goal of wanting to transport one million people to Mars by 2050. The SpaceX founder says the future of humanity is at stake, which, okay, but the timeline he offers is ludicrous, and here’s why.

++++++++++

This might be the most retarded thing that a rich person keeps insisting is viable in history. 

We're all bent out of shape because of an increase of 1 deg. C in the temperature of our massive atmosphere and have a plan costing 433 trillion to try to stop the atmosphere  from getting to an increase of 2 deg. C. 

On Mars with no atmosphere, where will the food come from, the energy, the oxygen, basically, where will everything and anything come from? The magic red planet fairy?

Transporting and sustaining even 100 people would cost, probably a trillion+ $$ and their lives would be a sentence to a miserable existence that deprives them of all the wonderful things we have on this green planet. Think of the wonderful things that money could do to enrich the lives of many millions of humans on earth!

The guy is either a scam artist looking for attention and/or to enrich himself (most likely which is why we shouldn't trust him) or completely lacking in understanding of basic science, economics and energy. This seems unlikely considering his wealth.

+++++++++++++

Regardless, his taking over Twitter might be a good thing and I am for the same thing that you are joj!