term limits
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - July 29, 2018, 5:42 p.m.

piggyback to the electoral college post. Most of my life believed that the ballot box was the best way to limit terms in politics. There is so much concentration of power {money} now a days that I have went 180 and now think we must have term limits. The founders were genius but their idea of a small limited gov with representatives who served a few weeks in congress then went home to their real jobs has been so raped that we have to change imho.

Comments
Re: term limits
0 likes
By carlberky - July 30, 2018, 7:48 a.m.
Like Reply

I agree, mc, but it would have to be by Constitutional Amendment.  There's no way those greedy scumbags would give up the gravy train.

0 likes
By Lacey - July 30, 2018, 8:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Absolutely, we need term limits.  The career politicians need to go, as well as dual  passports.

0 likes
By cliff-e - July 30, 2018, 8:25 a.m.
Like Reply

Terms are best limited at the voting booth by informed voters...people need to pay attention to the world around them.

By mcfarm - July 30, 2018, 10:46 a.m.
Like Reply

in a perfect world heck yes cliff....we live a far piece from it though....who can ever forget gene Hackman and something like power corrupts and absolute power corrupts perfectly

By carlberky - July 30, 2018, 12:51 p.m.
Like Reply

" Terms are best limited at the voting booth by informed voters … "

How's that working out so far, cliff ?

By TimNew - July 30, 2018, 1:52 p.m.
Like Reply

The best argument against democracy is a discussion with the average voter.

By metmike - July 30, 2018, 4:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Here's one solution (-:

A Cat Was Just Elected As Mayor Of This Small Michigan Town — And He's Not The First

https://allthatsinteresting.com/sweet-tart-cat-mayor-omena