Romney on possible reelection bid
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Dec. 21, 2022, 11 a.m.

Romney on possible reelection bid: ‘I’m convinced that if I run, I win’

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3783321-romney-on-possible-reelection-bid-im-convinced-that-if-i-run-i-win/

He would be a wonderful candidate for president but the far right Trump crowd doesn't like him.

However, in a general election, they sure wouldn't vote for the democrat and I think you would get alot of cross over voting for him and most of the Libertarians/Independents.

What do you guys think?

Comments
By 12345 - Dec. 21, 2022, 1:48 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL   I WOULD NEVER VOTE FOR ANY ROMNEY BLOOD! EVER ~ EVER!!!  LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED TO THE SO-CALLED CONSERVATIVE PARTY, WITH ROMNEYS' NIECE AT THE HELM.  

NOR, WOULD I EVER VOTE FOR A PRO-ABORTION PARTY .

I'M REGISTERED REPUBLICAN... BUT, THEY'RE FAR REMOVED FROM WHAT THEY STOOD FOR, WHEN I 1ST REGISTERED... 55 YEARS AGO!!  

I REFUSE TO VOTE FOR THE (IMO) "LESSER OF TWO EVILS"

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE AFFILIATED WITH ANY PARTY, JUST TO BE ABLE TO VOTE

THAT'S MY STORY & I'M STICKIN' TO IT! SO, THERE!!  LOL    HAHAHA

By WxFollower - Dec. 21, 2022, 8:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Just to clarify, this is addressing him running for re-election to his Senate seat, not running again for POTUS. There's no indication that he's going to run for Pres. However, if he should do so, he'd very likely get my vote.

By metmike - Dec. 21, 2022, 10:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry, 

I should have been more clear about that.

By joj - Dec. 21, 2022, 10:19 p.m.
Like Reply

If Romney had beaten Obama in 2012, He would have been at the head of the ticket and probably won in 2016, and we would have been spared the national nightmare of the carnival barker who became the 45th president.

I'd be ok with him in the White House, but I don't think he'd win the GOP primary.  Trump may be done, but Trumpism is alive and well in the GOP.  DeSantis is now flipping on his previously admirable outspoken advocacy of the Covid vaccine.  Why?  He wants the MAGA vote.

By bear - Dec. 21, 2022, 11:35 p.m.
Like Reply

here is why i would Not vote for romney.  he is in favor of welfare for the rich,  but constantly talks about cutting welfare for the poor.   when romney was a bain capital, they got large bailouts from uncle sam.  he was fine with that.

i have no problem with less welfare,  but i strongly dislike the hypocrisy.  

i might actually agree with romney on some policy issues,  but i have NO respect for a wealthy person who takes handouts, and then criticizes the poor as "takers".