Memphis releases video
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 27, 2023, 9:36 p.m.

Memphis releases video showing police stop that led to Tyre Nichols’ death    

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/27/us/tyre-nichols-memphis-friday/index.html

VIDEOS 1,2, AND 3 OF 4 ARE BELOW. THE OTHER VIDEO WILL BE UPLOADED INTO THIS STORY  SHORTLY.

Video #2 below from the utility pole is the one that has the extremely damning evidence

https://wreg.com/news/local/tyre-nichols/tyre-nichols-video-released-by-memphis-police/

Video #2 is the one that shows them pulverizing the victim after he's already been subdu#ed. After they finish, they sit him down against the side of a cop car with handcuffs behind his back as he slowly di3es e no treatment for his fatal injuries for an extremely lengthy period of time.

3in an odd way, reminiscent of the Guys. eorge Floyd incident.

the lack of compassion for a dying person  and failure to make any sort of attempt to treat them.

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 27, 2023, 10:17 p.m.
Like Reply

The cops are being held accountable for murdering this guy that at worst, was only initially guilty of a traffic violation.

Fighting the cops or running from the cops is always an extremely bad idea.

This seems to be part of  the trigger for really enraging the cops who took it personal and  completely lost control, deciding to administer their own street justice.......an extreme physical beating to death of the victim. 

With no 1 individual taking charge of the situation, a gang mentality reinforced each other's primal anger and justification for beating him intensely, along with these being bad cops that didn't belong on the police force. 

The cops totally rejected training that they received on how to react when a person refuses to be arrested. 

This is proof that some changes to part of the flawed system that allowed cops to be this way previously with impunity is working.

With this incident, there were numerous videos quickly released that  clearly documented the details. That is exactly what we need to hold bad cops accountable. Charges have been filed and nobody is getting away with anything. There has not been any attempt to cover anything up. 

This was one of the items which needed the most fixing......bringing swift justice to victims of cops using excessive force. 

Sadly, this pathetic incident from a handful of really bad cops, some that will  likely spend lengthy time in prison is the only one that people will remember about cops in the current time frame.

There is no amount of damage control using positive facts which represent almost all the good cops which can offset people's impression of cops. 

Every time there's a really bad incident like this, it's headline news for months because, "if it bleeds, it leads" has always been the motto for news reporting. 

Ironically, the cop justice system featuring these shocking videos/body cams is  working as explained above but it creates the impression that it's not working because every news source in the country is showing the vivid images of the crime played over and over on our,their electronic devices. 

Just 10 years ago, we'd never have seen this amount of transparency. 

There's not as many places to hide in 2023 for bad cops like there were in the past.  This is progress.

We can't fix the problem overnight and there's  still likely cover ups of bad cops in this age...........but this is the correct procedure to get justice for victims of cop abuse. 

By metmike - Jan. 28, 2023, 12:41 a.m.
Like Reply

This likely wasn't the first time the Scorpion Unit beat somebody up.

They were getting away with it and probably getting worse, feeling justified and authorized to use excessive force to stop excessive crime?

Very sad that an innocent victim had to die )-:

By joj - Jan. 28, 2023, 6:56 a.m.
Like Reply

MM, I agree with your summary 100%.

The vast majority of cops are good public servants, who put their lives at risk for public safety.

What percentage are bad cops?  I would guess 6%.  Here's how I came up with that number.

There was a good documentary film made years ago called "Spotlight" (on Netflix) about Catholic priests who were found guilty of pedophilia.  The job of a Catholic priest, in addition to attracting spiritual men who want to serve God, also attracts these sexual deviants.  The job itself offers the opportunity that they normally would not get in our society.  The film asserted (with proof) that although pedophilia exists in less than 1% of the population, approximately 6% of Catholic priests had this affliction.

Similarly, the job of cops, in addition to attracting mostly decent men and women looking to serve the public, also attracts deviant characters who might have a variety of flaws.  For example, a bully in grade school mistaking the fear in his classmates for respect is unable to navigate society as he grows into adulthood.  His bullying no longer works.  But with a badge, he gets immediate respect.  

I don't know how to screen out the 6% who are flawed in some way, but that is what is needed.  Transparency has been helpful.  Training the new recruits is good, but not sufficient.  The flawed individuals have to be disqualified before they are even admitted to the force.

By mcfarm - Jan. 28, 2023, 7:30 a.m.
Like Reply

MM, I agree with what you said mostly. The bad cops will get what they deserve. Lets not minimize the victims role. Wreckless driving puts everyone else at risk, Resisting arrest led to all the other, Wish none of it had happened because although everyone at the scene was black antifa and other baiters will make hay for months out of a non racists situation. The unqualified police chief already opened the doors last nite by allowing then to "vent: she says. Well blocking major hiways with semis parked for hours not any way to allow antifa and others to "vent", You can peaceful protest without harming others and their livelyhoods

By 12345 - Jan. 28, 2023, 10:17 a.m.
Like Reply

I'D NEED TO DO SOME RESEARCH (WHICH I WON'T), BUT.....  I CAN'T HELP BELIEVE:  WHEN THE LAW ALLOWING A COP TO SHOOT A PERP, RUNNING AWAY ~ (AFTER THE COP HAD YELLED "HALT!!" OR "STOP!!", 3 TIMES) GOT REMOVED ~ THE CRIME RATE BEGAN ESCALATING.

I THINK THAT LAW GOT REMOVED IN MY STATE, SOME 50 YEARS AGO.

THE PERPS BELIEVED THEY'D GET SHOT, SOOOO... THEY'D STOP RUNNING

PERSONALLY, I BELIEVE THE "I WANNABE A THUG" MENTALITY, DESCRIBES THE BAD LAW "ENFORCER", FROM THE CIA, RIGHT ON DOWN TO THE PARKING METER COP.

By metmike - Jan. 28, 2023, 12:25 p.m.
Like Reply

"Wreckless driving put everyone else t risk"

That rational doesn't work for this case, mcfarm. If the guy had been in the act of a violent crime that was threatening the lives of others.......... it might work with a long stretch and even then they don't deserve the death penalty, carried out at the scene of the crime by cops.

But a driving violation?

thanks, jean,

You can't shoot to kill somebody running away carte blanche. For sure that would reduce the criminals running away but you can only shoot to kill when they pose imminent serious bodily harm to you or others. That's the way it has to be in any civilized society. 

A shoot to kill policy to reduce crime or incidents of fleeing is a non starter position. I'm sure you know this.

By 12345 - Jan. 28, 2023, 2:12 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL  I DIDN'T SAY "SHOOT TO KILL"  HAHAHAHAA

I'D TAKE A BET ON THE COPS "BACK THEN", HAVING MUCH BETTER AIM, THAN COPS OF "TODAY".

By 12345 - Jan. 28, 2023, 2:38 p.m.
Like Reply
By 12345 - Jan. 28, 2023, 5:47 p.m.
Like Reply