Elon Musk Says The Countdown Has Begun
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 22, 2023, 12:57 p.m.
StreetSlang: Interest Rates

Elon Musk Says The Countdown Has Begun

The billionaire CEO says that the United States will default on its debt. The question for him is when this default will occur and not whether it will.

https://www.thestreet.com/technology/elon-musk-says-the-countdown-has-begun

++++++++++++++=

Elon Musk is a master manipulator in many areas but on this.........he's right on the money.

I'd been saying for years that if interest rates every bounced off of near 0, just the interest on the debt would amount to trillions/decade.

Even if we somehow manage to work this out, this time. We have passed the time when US debt management could be managed properly. Self serving, reckless politicians with no concept of fiscal responsibility and nimrods like the current Fed leader (taking a bad situation and doing everything to make it much worse) make this almost inevitable

And Biden's counterproductive actions to fight inflation. Taking the Climate Bill which will cause MAJOR inflation and renaming the exact same spending package as the "Inflation Reduction Act" shows you how corrupt, dishonest and completely oblivious to this problem that has led us to where we are today.

Not just oblivious to it, but using marketing strategies to exploit the dynamics to maximize the damage instead of trying to fix it because they only care about political ideologies and self serving benefits..........however they can achieve them.

We're toast in the long run but still need to pass something in the short run!

Comments
By 12345 - April 22, 2023, 2:28 p.m.
Like Reply

I AGREE WITH HIM, TOO.  IMO... THE HOUSE SHOULD "STAND PAT", 'CAUSE EVEN IF IT WOULD PASS THE SENATE... BIDEN SAID HE'D VETO IT!

YEP, I GOT PRETTY HONKED OFF AT TRUMP & THE HUGE STIMULOUS PACKAGE & THE LENGTH OF IT!  BUT... I TRULY BELIEVE HE'D HAVE "RIGHTED THE SHIP", IN HIS 2ND TERM.

BTW... I STILL THINK KAMALA IS OUT LEARNIN' HOW TO BE PRESIDENT! BIDEN DIDN'T CALL HER A "WORK IN PROGRESS", FOR NOTHING!  AND.... SOMEHOW OR ANOTHER ~ NEWSOME IS IN THE MIX!