Tim Tebow has been suspended ...
15 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Aug. 4, 2018, 2:20 p.m.

https://babylonbee.com/news/tim-tebow-suspended-for-using-performance-enhancing-bible-verses/

" BINGHAMTON, NY—League officials confirmed Thursday that Double-A baseball player and devout Christian Tim Tebow has been suspended for using performance-enhancing Bible verses both on and off the field.

" Tebow was spotted injecting the encouraging Bible passages into his morning
 devotional in the team’s locker room and was reported to appropriate authorities.
 He is barred from playing in the league until a full investigation of his  Bible-reading activities can be conducted. "

Sad and shocking !!! This is clearly a violation of his 1st amendment rights.  

Comments
By JP - Aug. 4, 2018, 2:36 p.m.
Like Reply

I love the Babylon Bee -- it's a great satire site. Every link I posted earlier this morning originated there. 

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2018, 2:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Good one Carl!

Edit: Carl's hilarious article was originally posted by the source, a Christian internet news site,  on July 5th. Completely unrelated to that article, later in July,  Tim suffered a season ending injury.

Mets’ Tim Tebow reportedly out for rest of baseball season after suffering broken hand in minors

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mets-tim-tebow-reportedly-out-for-rest-of-baseball-season-after-suffering-broken-hand-in-minors/

That's devastating news for the Mets, who now have no hope left in the tank without Tebow, who has an absolutely staggering .273 average with six homers and 36 RBI in 84 minor league contests for the Binghamton Rumble Ponies this year. That's actually the real name of his team, I swear.

As the bright light on Tebow's season flickers and likely shuts off for good, so does the Mets' hope for everlasting baseball glory this year.

OK, so maybe the team's World Series hopes were already so dead that they've entered the decomposition phase. But that doesn't change the fact that the Mets could have been worth paying attention to in September if they promoted Tebow to the majors during roster expansion in the final month of the season. 

What would they have to lose? That organization is basically already a clown show, and sending Tebow to the bigs would be an easy cash grab for the club, at the very least. But now, the possibility is all but dead. Instead of another go-round with Tebowmania, we'll have to pay attention to things like MLB division races, playoff implications, and a bevy of other sports on the calendar -- including meaningful football games. 

By carlberky - Aug. 4, 2018, 3:51 p.m.
Like Reply

John, you have a gold mine in Babylon ! If you don't mind, I'm going to stake a claim in the sports section.

By mcfarm - Aug. 4, 2018, 4:04 p.m.
Like Reply

I suppose in some small way this could of been funny but  not really. Just another way to poke at a white male Christian who is not afraid of his faith or sharing it. Tebow has been parred by the lib press for years, esp the idiot white guys on espn who are so full of white guilt they have not once written spoke of Tebow in any serious way. And why? Tebow is everything they are not. An average quarterback who did nothing but win. A Christian willing to to help others and be a role model of a citizen. Not to mention  a guy who remade himself after years of football to make it all the way to the big leagues in baseball. Damn if he had been a black rapper dealing drugs and banging and beating hos he would of been a star to all those who mock him.

By carlberky - Aug. 4, 2018, 4:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Nice job, mc, turning a sports satire into a political/religious rant.

By mcfarm - Aug. 4, 2018, 4:28 p.m.
Like Reply

me ? really me? How about where is the humor of laughing about a baseball players season ending injury? I somehow cannot see the white boys at esn joking all the while about Lebron James breaking his leg and also take crack at his faith while he is out....somehow just don't see it happening....maybe you need to refresh your self on what ?Trbow has been thru

By JP - Aug. 4, 2018, 4:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Carl -- I've noticed that the Babylon Bee seems to be willing to lampoon people on both sides of the political aisle, which makes it rather unique for a satire site at this point in time. May the sports section be yours, although on occasion I might ask that you share it with me!

By pj - Aug. 4, 2018, 4:42 p.m.
Like Reply

"An average quarterback who did nothing but win."

"Average"? Then why did he win the Heisman?

"Nothing but win"? Then why then did one pro team after another cut him?

Answer: "Tebow’s potential as a professional level quarterback was called into question due to a perceived lack of passing ability, persistent fumbles, and having the lowest passing completion rate in the league."

"...make it all the way to the big leagues in baseball."

The Double A  Birmingham Rumble Ponies the "big leagues"? LOL

Likely a good person, but even with all his prayers, a major case of never coming near living up to the hype.

By JP - Aug. 4, 2018, 4:50 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

The Babylon Bee parody Carl posted about preceded Tebo's recent injury. It's dated July 5th, and his injury occurred on July 23rd. The parody actually evinced a pro-Christian stance, in that it lampooned those who are anti-Christian by stating that Tebo had been suspended due to following his faith. He wasn't.

The Babylon Bee tends to be pretty even-handed in who they joke about, but they are definitely pro-Christian in their outlook. You can read the parody via the link below. 

Tebo Suspended -- Parody  

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2018, 5:05 p.m.
Like Reply

"me ? really me? How about where is the humor of laughing about a baseball players season ending injury? I somehow cannot see the white boys at esn joking all the while about Lebron James breaking his leg and also take crack at his faith while he is out....somehow just don't see it happening....maybe you need to refresh your self on what ?Trbow has been thru"

mcfarm,

Maybe you should blame my response.  After reading your post, I wondered where you might be coming from because nobody was making fun over the injury. In fact, the source of Carl's post did his funny article BEFORE the injury.

When I stated "good one" to Carl, I really meant that it was a good one and was actually surprised that he would be getting stuff from  a Christian site but decided not to mention......but will now.  

I can see why you might think my "good one" to Carl meant something else because immediately, I followed it with the story of the tragic injury. The 2 were not connected other than they were both about Tim.

The article is actually flattering to Tebow(and consider the source-Christian news) and as John said is a satire.

My comments following that had nothing to do with the funny article but I can see where you might think that they were so will add a few words to that post to clarify they were not.

I was just providing an update on the latest awful event for Tim's baseball career.........which happend later in July, after the funny article was written.

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2018, 5:28 p.m.
Like Reply

I see that John had beat me to this explanation-thanks John,  but I feel that it was my posting the injury after my "good one" comment was  what sent mcfarm on the wrong track. 

I have made an edit to the original post to clarify and noted it as an edit to keep JP happy (-:

By JP - Aug. 4, 2018, 5:37 p.m.
Like Reply

"to keep JP happy."

Now if only the rest of the world would get on board!

By mcfarm - Aug. 4, 2018, 7:15 p.m.
Like Reply

yes it was part of the equation mike....biggest part is a guy who has been hammered for years by the press,,,,, and then we the other side of the equation. Ray Lewis, well known a murderer. goes into the NFL hall fame next week.......ain't that just fine with espn

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2018, 10:22 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

Thanks. This just gave me an idea for a new thread/post.........on a controversial MLB player.

By mcfarm - Aug. 5, 2018, 7:48 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/03/18/tim-tebow-major-league-game-new-york-mets-grapefruit-league/99346030/   looks to me that Tebow indeed made the bigs.....no small accomplishment...and yes it was pre-season. Again not an easy thing to do but all those throwing stones need to try what he has done